Worse than “tapping to strikes”?

Georges was rocked way, way worse than Nick when he tapped out.

Never thought i'd see the day. He just said nah, I don't wanna get hit anymore as soon as Robbie hurt him.

Yea.. and FWIW GSP came back from that fight with a renewed focus and an incredible title run. That loss made him BETTER

l can tell by your response that you didn't actually read what I said, or if you did your mind ignored logic and plugged straight into your emotions.

I'm not bashing Nick, I made it clear I like Nick, and I'm not even a big GSP fan.

My point should have been obvious to anyone that took a minute to read what I'm saying, my point is that every fighter should be held to the same standard, and if you have crowd of meatheads who will shit on GSP for quitting, those same meatheads should be just as hard on Diaz for doing it.

But we all know most people have a double standard and will look for any excuse to shit on the fighter they dislike, but look the other way when it's their favorite.

Don't try to make excuses.
Like I said, you started with a good point. Then you showed your true color.

"This was a lot worse that BJ quitting in between rounds or GSP tapping to Serra, "

That alone shows your intention, and it's far beyond defending fighters that tapped.
Your wanted to laugh back at Nick's fans. That makes you as bad as those who laughed at GSP or BJ that you so "passionately" disagreed with.

One guy was 26 years old in his prime and the other was 39 punch drunk and hadn’t fought in 7 years ….. context is key and I think you know that
GSP was around that age and inactive almost just as long when he came back and fought a champion in the bigger division, and not only didn't quit but won the fight.

No excuses ffs, the guy quit and it's ok to say it.

let's pull this wholly unnecessary comparison out of thin air because we can't cope with the fact that a legend of the sport has substance abuse issues, likely brain damage from a career of being hit in the head, and took a fight because he needed money

-TS

So I don't understand your argument... you're saying Nick is a genius prize fighter, because he didn't get into any prize fights and didn't take any damage or make any money during all that time?

He's over achieved and made a shit load of money, and is good health.

He's done better than 90% of prize fighters.

It's pretty simple.

And he didn't need to fight a "non star" LOL, if he was this smart prize fighter you claim he could have easily talked his way into a Conor or a Masvidal fight, avenge his brother, Nick Diaz comeback, etc... it would have been huge, and it would have been a few years ago so Nick would have been younger.

So you're suggesting he should continued to protect his value and cherry pick fights? But he could have been a better cherry picker? Okay. Sure.

But if Diaz tried to fight his way through the rankings like some uncharismatic white boy, he would have significantly less chance at these pay days, because his skills would not have carried him there.

Don't try to make excuses.
Like I said, you started with a good point. Then you showed your true color.

"This was a lot worse that BJ quitting in between rounds or GSP tapping to Serra, "

That alone shows your intention, and it's far beyond defending fighters that tapped.
Your wanted to laugh back at Nick's fans. That makes you as bad as those who laughed at GSP or BJ that you so "passionately" disagreed with.
It's a good thing this forum archives everything you muppett, so I can easily dismiss your accusations because I know my post history will show that I criticize and like both Diaz and GSP equally and I have nothing against either of them.

So ya there's no color, you just seem triggered that I'm criticizing something about a fighter you're a fanboy of.

If you think I'm just shitting on Nick, find me some other content on sherdog where I ever shit on Nick?

While you're at it find me the content where I'm being some blind GSP fan?

Go ahead I'll wait.

I know it doesn't fit into your narrative but I'm just speaking objective truth here, and the truth is that Nick's quitting was more cowardly than that of GSP, by sherdog's own just bleed metric.

My point should have been obvious to anyone that took a minute to read what I'm saying, my point is that every fighter should be held to the same standard, and if you have crowd of meatheads who will shit on GSP for quitting, those same meatheads should be just as hard on Diaz for doing it.
They are. /thread.

It's a good thing this forum archives everything you muppett, so I can easily dismiss your accusations because I know my post history will show that I criticize and like both Diaz and GSP equally and I have nothing against either of them.

So ya there's no color, you just seem triggered that I'm criticizing something about a fighter you're a fanboy of.

If you think I'm just shitting on Nick, find me some other content on sherdog where I ever shit on Nick?

Go ahead I'll wait.

I know it doesn't fit into your narrative but I'm just speaking objective truth here, and the truth is that Nick's quitting was more cowardly than that of GSP, by sherdog's own just bleed metric.
I remember that turd was one of the 1st people I placed on ignore on sherdog. Been many years and checking the filtered post, I see nothing has changed from Shaddows. They're still garbage.

It was smart thing to do. Robbie wasnt affected by anything he threw. Nick lived to see another day.
The ones complaining are either meathead retards or good ol keyboard warriors.

Robbie is not the guy you continue a war against when you are ill-equipped to continue and Diaz wisely bowed out; live to fight another day.

Yeah, a fighter should go hard for one or two rounds, tops, and if he hasn't finished his opponent and feels like the momentum isn't going his way he should quit. And live to fight another day. That would be a great direction for the athletes in this sport to take. :rolleyes:

It very respectful of Nick because he didn't want to tarnish the ring with is blood for the ladies who were going to fight next. True gentleman.

I was hoping Diaz was injured or something, but it looks like he just quit. Disappointing.

I came onto the forum wondering if this comparison would be made and what do you know, it's the first thread. Agree 100% with the OP.

If you can't continue you can't continue but I didn't expect him to call it like that. I just wouldn't equate it with a Diaz, right decision or not. Watching it live I thought he did something to his knee but not the case. That said, any questions I had about the stoppage went away after listening to him after the fight. I don't know if the UFC have any criteria about whether someone should speak or not, but they shouldn't have put Diaz in a position like that where he was rambling on and repeating himself.

Go ahead I'll wait.

You yourself just admitted you criticized Nick and made fun of his fanbase.
And don't get it twisted in your little brain. I am not a big fan of Nick.
I merely noticed how much of a hypocrite you are for starting your post by claiming no "quitting" is bad then ending your post by measuring how much worse was his quitting when compared to BJ or GSP.

It's not rocket science, kid.
If you are measuring which quitting is worse, then you are exactly like the type of crowd you claim to despise. You are one of them. You just think you are better, but you are not.

Not while you do the same as they did. Just to a fighter you seem to not care about.

First of all I got no problem with a fighter tapping to a submission, tapping to strikes, verbally quitting, not answering the bell for the next round, etc… I have always said that when a fighter is done he knows it and there is no need to take more punishment than needed.

Of course there is a good percentage of the sherdog meathead army who will try tell you that you’re a pussy if you tap to strikes that could potentially brain damage or kill you, but you’re still a G if you tap to someone twisting your toe.

Now I would imagine that most of these meatheads are also Nick Díaz fan girls, it just seems like the type that would be, the same crowd that likes to shit on GSP for tapping against Serra.

Now I don’t mind Nick, I was kinda hoping to see him do better, but I thought it was kinda funny that he ends up verbally quitting to the ref despite clearly being able to continue.

The tapping to strikes crowds main argument is that if you’re able to tap you’re obviously not out and you should still be in there trying to defend yourself. So what about when you’re fine, your opponent has backed away and given you all the space to recover, and you just tell the ref you don’t want anymore?

This was a lot worse that BJ quitting in between rounds or GSP tapping to Serra, yet I don’t see many meatheads calling it out cause it’s Nick Díaz.

{<Scared}

Be honest, was that not even worse than tapping to strikes by your own just bleed shertard metric?
Some of those strikes probably hurt like the Dickens. A little tap to keep the gangsta alive homley.

GSP was around that age and inactive almost just as long when he came back and fought a champion in the bigger division, and not only didn't quit but won the fight.

No excuses ffs, the guy quit and it's ok to say it.

6 years and 3 years are the same... also diaz couldnt even consider getting in shape for a fight during those 6 years since he was suspended, it wasn't a voluntary retirement.

You yourself just admitted you criticized Nick and made fun of his fanbase.
I am not even a big fan of Nick. I merely noticed how much of a hypocrite you are for starting your post by claiming no "quitting" is bad then ending your post by measuring how much worse was his quitting when compared to BJ or GSP.

It's not rocket science, kid.
If you are measuring which quitting is worse, then you are exactly like the type of crowd you claim to despise. You are one of them. You just think you are better. You are not.
I'm calling for consistency and less bias, but you're clearly too dense to grasp what I actually said so you just automatically go to your default reaction which is emotional and personal.

I can see that this conversation has too many layers for you to follow so I'll leave it at that, but keep posting about me and obsessing, keep showing me how stupid you are.

6 years and 3 years are the same... also diaz couldnt even consider getting in shape for a fight during those 6 years since he was suspended, it wasn't a voluntary retirement.
So you can't stay in shape if you're suspended? Wtf? USADA was preventing Nick from going to the gym?

Back