Opinion World War III - Will we have another worldwide large-scale military conflict?

World War III - Will we have another worldwide large-scale military conflict?

• Total voters
When people say that they will just move to another country i just ask where could you go lol

Like if western europe goes up in flames where do go?

America canada- assuming they will take refugees

Eastern europe- very big drop in life quality money wise

Asia- maybe

South america- again drop in life quality from economic perspective

Antarctica maybe.

Give it 100 years and it would be flooded to the rafters too. Provided that there's anything left of it.

It’s an inevitability. Read political writings discussing the prospects of international warfare prior to WW1 or 2. All the experts agreed that the interconnected economies of the global powers meant that warfare was impossible. There had been one hundred years of relative peace in Europe prior to WW1, and people believed that greed would ensure that warfare would never be a reality again, since too much revenue would be lost. It was utterly meaningless, given humanity’s ability to find division and exploit it for conflict. Even if it strangles your country and it’s economy, humans are primed for conflict and warfare. As far as the argument that nuclear weapons have guaranteed peace, just look at the state most nations have kept their nuclear arsenals in. Internationally there are questions about how capable any country truly is to deliver their ICBMs at any given point. Allow several more decades of peace, as those capabilities continue to deteriorate, and it won’t be long before countries begin to realize that nuclear deterrent has become something of a paper tiger.

Ever? Almost certainly.
The 'interdependent and interconnected' arguments are old ones that didn't stop either of the Great Wars. If anything, the developing world's rise, America's relative decline, the re-emergence of China as a world power, and the global instabilities that will arise as a result of these and other shifts, make it seem like an inevitability within the next 50-ish years.

If ww3 would’ve happen it would’ve been at some point during Cold War

Now it’s highly unlikely.

everybody knows there’s no real winner in world war n you better off with regime changes n economic pressures instead

everybody knows there’s no real winner in world war n you better off with regime changes n economic pressures instead

The last World War gave us 70-odd years off unprecedented peace, and helped elevate the USA to the position of undisputed #1 global powerhouse in pretty much every facet of state power imaginable.

"No winner"?

Hell, would the conditions even exist for the uber-civilized era that TS boasts about if not for WW2?
We're still in the echo of World War 2, but it's fading.

Only a One World Government can end the threat of a future world war. But the planet is full of too many tribalist dummies who oppose it.

9d170f1483bbbf3ff53b723d5f917068.jpg

gettyimages-151703283.jpg

The United States set the precedent for how world wars end the last time. That's the next one, if there is one. The war that matters is economic. It's in trade and production.

It will happen, the potential seeds are happening right now. Even if these seeds do not bare fruit in the future things will line up again. The only difference between the past and now is when WW3 happens mankind will be reset in a massive way. Potentially complete eradication but most likely setting us back thousands of years.

Seeds to keep an eye on today-
1)China - A large Ethnocentric state that is ruled with an iron fist by a dictatorship. It's people are extremely nationalistic and would fight if ordered to. Any cultures that are different are deemed lesser and eradicated as necessary. Examples- rounding up Muslims in concentration camps, extending economic control across the planet through belt and road initiatives and even trying to influence American companies through financial pressure. It would only take two things for China to cause a global war. 1)They deem themselves powerful enough to win and 2)someone pushes them too far(South China Sea or Taiwan)
2)The U.S. - I'm an American and proud of it but any American with a bit of humility can realize and admit we are not a moral nation. Historically we have used our wealth and power by any means necessary to push and promote our own self interests. If a power or conglomerate of powers was a big enough threat we would be the first ones to launch nukes. Think if Russia, China and Iran(along with N. Korea) decided to push us into a fight. We wouldnt back down and if pushed hard enough we have already proven we will nuke a mofo. Where there is a match needed the Ol red, White and Blue will bring a fucking Torch.

3)Oil - This world is about(in the next 100 years or so) to experience a seismic shift in power due to oil reliance curtailing and different energy sources becoming more prevalent. For the longest time the oil in the middle east has provided extreme wealth to places like Saudi Arabia and The U.A.E. and extreme power to the U.S. because that oil has been traded with the U.S. dollar. As the worlds reliance on oil changes we will see more situations like Venezuela where a country that has relied on that oil money will now have to adjust. I know this was not Venezuelas sole problem but it was the major catalyst. Think what happens in the middle East when oil becomes near worthless. What happens to the U.S. dollar? I'm not sure but it could certainly lead to war with the wrong circumstances.

My point with this is WW3 is not a certainty but it certainly COULD happen. Will humans avoid it? Let's hope so but only time will tell.

For sure, once we figure out a way to fight one.

The way I see it going down, is countries with nuclear weapons using countries without nuclear weapons as proxies to fight their battles (see the Middle East).

Another scenario is that we eventually find a way to nullify the potential of WMDs, opening up the chance to fight wars on a comfortable scale.

When the fight for Earth's last remaining resources and hospitable regions begins, it's going to get ugly. Right now we're all just trying to put ourselves in the best possible position.

How would you nullify WMDs? It only takes a handful of large nukes to essentially destroy most countries. If anything we will build even more powerful and potent WMDs. Even eithout nukes there are all kinds of bio weapons that would make coronavirus look like a joke.

It’s an inevitability. Read political writings discussing the prospects of international warfare prior to WW1 or 2. All the experts agreed that the interconnected economies of the global powers meant that warfare was impossible. There had been one hundred years of relative peace in Europe prior to WW1, and people believed that greed would ensure that warfare would never be a reality again, since too much revenue would be lost. It was utterly meaningless, given humanity’s ability to find division and exploit it for conflict. Even if it strangles your country and it’s economy, humans are primed for conflict and warfare. As far as the argument that nuclear weapons have guaranteed peace, just look at the state most nations have kept their nuclear arsenals in. Internationally there are questions about how capable any country truly is to deliver their ICBMs at any given point. Allow several more decades of peace, as those capabilities continue to deteriorate, and it won’t be long before countries begin to realize that nuclear deterrent has become something of a paper tiger.

I think Mao was the first one to say nukes are a paper tiger during the Korean war when china intervened on North Korea's behalf. General McArthur wanted to nuke Chinese border but he got fired for that suggestion.

Assuming that a world power is willing to call another's bluff, you still wouldnt be able to win super decisively in invading the nuclear power.

This was an interesting novel about a future US China war:

71KnBPNThKL.jpg

It starts with an EMP over the continental USA. Or Huawei just fries the brains of most non Chinese with 5G towers. You didnt hear it here first, but well there it is.

I feel like that one would be all or nothing. We either don't have one and exist or we do and humanity gets wiped off the planet. There are a lot of accounts of how horrific the escalation in military tech between WW1 and WW2 were and how soldiers/generals had no idea how much worse it was going to be. I think we've gotten exponentially farther from WW2 to now.

I like to believe warfare has shifted to financial markets/economies and tech/digital. If we could get to a state where all nations fight their battles that way, the world would be much better off even if those fronts cause their own problems.

I don't see nukes coming into play. Maybe more conventional warfare but I'd put my money on something stupid happening with a bioweapon.

As long as billions of people allowed themselves to be controlled by a handful of psychopaths and sociopaths, then it's always a possibility. People like to talk about Western democracies and all this shit, but the fact remains that the vast majority of the world is controlled by very few. They dictate the narrative and the response to said narrative, no matter whether said narrative is true or false.

the warheads will all Rust in Peace.

At one time I thought China might give it a try... Now I'm not so sure. They've gone downhill a lot in the last four years.

I thought we already had WW3 in January. With the Solemaini thing. At least that is what the pundits told us.

There is already a world war going on called Unconventional Warfare - Warfare without Morals. Courtesy of China. They hope to end up ruling the world without firing a bullet or missle, which when you think of it is a great way to win.
But that's not all folks.
Islam has always been at war with the West/Christendom. Of course we thought that ended centuries ago but as far as islam is concerned it never ended.
Both Islam and China have lots and lots of patience compared to the rest of us. They both think in centuries, they're in no hurry. They both have plans and goals and unfortunately they are achieving them because we are so ignorant of the fact we are at war.

Now all this sound barmy, of course it does!

Back