workers informed they are losing their jobs to mexico on video

I'm sure the invisible hand of capitalism will make everything ok. The market will figure this out like it always does.

These guys need to quit whining. They need to dust themselves off, roll up their sleeves, and pull on those old bootstraps.
In a captilistic society with no government intervention there would be no minimum wage and therefore no reason to go to a different country

make sure to post the spanish version when the mexicans are told their jobs are going to china

And then the Chinese version when they get outsourced to Africa

make sure to post the spanish version when the mexicans are told their jobs are going to china

Plenty of mexican factories have closed shop due to China, Mexico runs a huge deficit with Asia as a whole and its very problematic.

Since trade deficits could actually break the mexican currency unlike what happens with the dollar.

Maybe that is a part of the problem and they should start giving a shit? Maybe if they did 'give a shit', their jobs would still be viable and the company could remain competitive in the US.

A lot of low end workers tend to treat their employers and the job itself with no respect or care. They will fuck around and waste your money and resources yet all think they deserve more. Anyone who has had to manage low/medium end workers will know what I am talking about. I guarantee half of those motherfuckers were like "yeah Manager x isn't here for the next 4 hours, lets just go into cruise mode and fuck about till hes back".

Yeah those workers got laid off because they were lazy.

It definitely wasn't because management realized they could quadruple their profits by employing a third world labor force that would work for magic beans.

In a captilistic society with no government intervention there would be no minimum wage and therefore no reason to go to a different country

out of curiosity, do you see any of the consequences to what you just said if that were actually implemented?

not a troll question, i'm genuinely curious.

and as another question to "free market" types - are there any ethical boundaries that corporations shouldn't be crossing? or should they just be guided entirely by profits and shareholder expectations?

You should have listened.

Stupid ass Bill Clinton was the one who started NAFTA and is the reason all these companies are allowed to go to other countries. Now his criminal wife is running and stupid people are actually gonna vote for her.

I smell another mass shooting

Boy, US citizens really love their
subjugation, alienation and assimilation
brought about by capitalism huh?
Shits super fun
Fuck off, you stupid cunt. Way too fucking often I read a thread and some asshole sticks in an anti-American sentiment.

Why are you blaming capitalism for the failure of politicians? fact is that efficiency kills jobs, the whole everyone can have a good paying job in the private sector is a lie, capitalism is self-destructive.

What needs to happen is that as efficiency increases so must government expand public assistance and public sector jobs, paid of course with the increased revenue that efficiency would in theory cause.

The dollar value is increasing, the US is winning the game, the reason why you dont feel like winning is because you are the only nation in the world where a politician can claim that he will pander to corporations and still get votes.

The efficiency argument is horseshit. U.S. autoworkers are more efficient than workers that live in countries that plants are moved to. The total cost of labor that goes into a vehicle is around $600-1000 usd so even if you had slave labor, it isn't like cars are all of a sudden going to be a lot cheaper. Most of the cost is just in the raw materials and parts. How much you shop around and negotiate probably makes a much bigger difference in what you pay than if the car was made in the U.S. or Mexico or South Korea. Even at that, just modest tariffs would be required to make it unattractive to move jobs oversees. These new autoplants that show up like the Toyota plant in Mississippi were built here largely due to small changes in the exchange rates are between currencies. If you forced foreign manufactures to compete under the same regulations: worker protections, environmental controls, ect. you would find U.S. manufacturing to be very competitive. Allowing corporations to do business here while carrying out the production in less regulated countries is method of further undermining very basic regulations and protection that were fought for and won in the 20th century. So much so, people are brainwashed into believing that the EPA, the minimum wage, unions, maternal leave, health insurance requirements are job killers. Free trade is only free when everyone is competing under the same rules.

Is Bernie going to try and do something about Nafta?

It would be nice. I went from having 91 employees to 33 because my market was overran by Canadian imports thanks to Nafta opening the floodgates and I had to downsize my company literally overnight or face bankruptcy.

I live in a small community with not many employment opportunities, so the impact was huge on my town in terms of unemployment rates and foreclosures on homes.

The efficiency argument is horseshit. U.S. autoworkers are more efficient than workers that live in countries that plants are moved to. The total cost of labor that goes into a vehicle is around $600-1000 usd so even if you had slave labor, it isn't like cars are all of a sudden going to be a lot cheaper. Most of the cost is just in the raw materials and parts. How much you shop around and negotiate probably makes a much bigger difference in what you pay than if the car was made in the U.S. or Mexico or South Korea. Even at that, just modest tariffs would be required to make it unattractive to move jobs oversees. These new autoplants that show up like the Toyota plant in Mississippi were built here largely due to small changes in the exchange rates are between currencies. If you forced foreign manufactures to compete under the same regulations: worker protections, environmental controls, ect. you would find U.S. manufacturing to be very competitive. Allowing corporations to do business here while carrying out the production in less regulated countries is method of further undermining very basic regulations and protection that were fought for and won in the 20th century. So much so, people are brainwashed into believing that the EPA, the minimum wage, unions, maternal leave, health insurance requirements are job killers. Free trade is only free when everyone is competing under the same rules.

You do realize that those free trade agreements also force countries to uphold better enviromental standards? and im not going to presume im an expert on the issue.

But i know that in terms of manufacture, Mexico its not really draining the US, high tech manufacture is still an american thing, heavy machinery, electronics and a lot of components of products built in mexican factories are made in America, thats the issue, high tech manufacturing jobs are still in America, only low end jobs get moved to Mexico.

The main problem with US competing under free trade agreements is that the dollar is artificially too strong, despite running a nearly trillion dollar deficit the US dollar is still gaining ground against all world currencies, Mexico peso just took a nose dive when oil fell down, despite oil amounting for a tiny amount of the balance of payments. How can you compete with that?

That being said, what i said still stands and even if you close the borders you will still have to deal with increased automation, capitalism is dying but the American public is still sold on the idea that everyone must pull its own weight in the private sector or you are a loser.

You do realize that those free trade agreements also force countries to uphold better enviromental standards? and im not going to presume im an expert on the issue.

"Better"? What the hell does that mean if it is not the same.

"Better"? What the hell does that mean if it is not the same.

Do you honestly think the US is a paragon on industrial enviromental standards?

Do you honestly think the US is a paragon on industrial enviromental standards?

Why is this even a debate?

5932903239_c7e471d57f_b.jpg

725243035_71b7b410ea.jpg

china-pollution-cyclists.jpg
A-journalist-takes-a-samp-008.jpg
china-pollution.jpg
1-1024x682.jpg

out of curiosity, do you see any of the consequences to what you just said if that were actually implemented?

not a troll question, i'm genuinely curious.

and as another question to "free market" types - are there any ethical boundaries that corporations shouldn't be crossing? or should they just be guided entirely by profits and shareholder expectations?
Of course. I believe the government should be allowed to set price floors, but I also believe that corporations should not be allowed to exploit low price floors in othr countries to sell goods in a country with a much higher price floor.

It would be nice. I went from having 91 employees to 33 because my market was overran by Canadian imports thanks to Nafta opening the floodgates and I had to downsize my company literally overnight or face bankruptcy.

I live in a small community with not many employment opportunities, so the impact was huge on my town in terms of unemployment rates and foreclosures on homes.

Yeah as a canadian i sympathize with ya. Opec has fucked with our economy thanks to harper investing our future in oil. As gas prices flop, our dollar flops...and suddenly companies in the US move their shit up north to save on the dollar exchange.

People should all just abandon low-medium skill paid jobs and flood the high paid market. That way, their chances of getting a new job won't really increased since the number of people competing for a ever decreasing job pool will go up, but it will succeed in putting the candidate in debt and drastically lower the pay for the entire high skilled market.

That will fix things.

Last edited:
You are using China which doesnt holds a FTA with pretty much anybody.

Well, I guess it would be a real stretch of the imagination to say that some of our trade partners are not held to the same standards we hold ourselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back