workers informed they are losing their jobs to mexico on video

The good news is there will be plenty of jobs waiting for these displaced auto workers at Walmart and Subway. Thankfully, no one needs to be unemployed for long in the USA.
And even that is not as true as it used to be. Shitty jobs can already be hard to find depending on where you live.

Yeah as a canadian i sympathize with ya. Opec has fucked with our economy thanks to harper investing our future in oil. As gas prices flop, our dollar flops...and suddenly companies in the US move their shit up north to save on the dollar exchange.

I hear you.

I have family southwest of Calgary, and I have seen the negative effects on them as well.

The Nafta or opec door definitely swings both ways.

People should all just abandon low-medium skill paid jobs and flood the high paid market. That way, their chances of getting a new job won't really increased since the number of people competition for a ever decreasing job pool will go up, but it will succeed in putting the candidate in debt and drastically lower the pay for the entire high skilled market.

That will fix things.
There really aren't that many people that can do these I high tech - high skill jobs that I think you are talking about. Even at that, the market is flooded with STEM graduates. Only around 40% of graduating engineers actually go into engineering.

And even that is not as true as it used to be. Shitty jobs can already be hard to find depending on where you live.

Bullpudding. If Americans were willing to do the work of illegals, for less money, there would be no unemployment problem in this country. But, sadly, American exceptionalism is dead. Thanks, liberalism.

There really aren't that many people that can do these I high tech - high skill jobs that I think you are talking about. Even at that, the market is flooded with STEM graduates. Only around 40% of graduating engineers actually go into engineering.
that's the point, that there is a ever shrinking pool of jobs across the board. There is no way to stop automation for destroying most low, medium and high skilled jobs. There will only be a tiny handful of job industries that won't be decimated in the decades to come.

And no amount of sinking to the bottom in salary, benefits, and workers rights is going to save them.

We are going to have to redefine work in the next coming decades. The system cannot go on this way.

that's the point, that there is a ever shrinking pool of jobs across the board. There is no way to stop automation for destroying most low, medium and high skilled jobs. There will only be a tiny handful of job industries that won't be decimated in the decades to come.

And no amount of sinking to the bottom in salary, benefits, and workers rights is going to save them.

We are going to have to redefine work in the next coming decades. The system cannot go on this way.
As more jobs streamline and require fewer workers, education will become more important.

Well, I guess it would be a real stretch of the imagination to say that some of our trade partners are not held to the same standards we hold ourselves.

You are talking about FTA partners not trade partners in general.

Indeed, efficiency is killing capitalism, but as long as the strongest nation of earth is filled with idiots who think they are somehow less because the private market doesnt really needs them.

You are talking about FTA partners not trade partners in general.

Well, I guess you would have to have to be high as a kite to say that some of our trade partners are not held to the same standards we hold ourselves.

The good news is there will be plenty of jobs waiting for these displaced auto workers at Walmart and Subway. Thankfully, no one needs to be unemployed for long in the USA.

A sandwhich artist is a respectable job.

Well, I guess you would have to have to be high as a kite to say that some of our trade partners are not held to the same standards we hold ourselves.

I need to revise my quote because I don't promote illegal drug use.

Well, I guess you would have to have to be drunk as a skunk to say that some of our trade partners are not held to the same standards we hold ourselves.

Bullpudding. If Americans were willing to do the work of illegals, for less money, there would be no unemployment problem in this country. But, sadly, American exceptionalism is dead. Thanks, liberalism.
lol what? I'm not sure if you're joking or serious here. Either way I'll pass on working for pennies.

As more jobs streamline and require fewer workers, education will become more important.
I agree, but that won't help most people get jobs.
Only the best of the best will get jobs, and they will pay shit, because there will be so much competition even for those jobs.

If there are only jobs for 20% of the working population, what is the rest of the 80% supposed to do? Just die?

So society only has place for the most amazing people and the vast majority of us are supposed to just go away?

Only the best of the best will get jobs, and they will pay shit, because there will be so much competition even for those jobs.

If there are only jobs for 20% of the working population, what is the rest of the 80% supposed to do? Just die?

So society only has place for the most amazing people and the vast majority of us are supposed to just go away?
Soylent Green is people, friendo.

(like how I mixed film references?)

Name me just one american corporation that its doing illegal pollution on a FTA nation.

80% of the population would pursue arts, education, service or live in leisure, of course if humans manage to evolve past their pettiness.

Capitalism is a system of selfishness, we need to move ahead into a system that involves sharing.

That crowd was way too passive....
Well, they did get one years notice. The rug is being gently pulled, and not yanked out from under them. A year is plenty of time to look into other options, and to plan a clean assassination attempt at the CEO.

Back