workers informed they are losing their jobs to mexico on video

That blows,

Globalization is the natural progression
of capitalism. Don't you guys love it?

All people are expendable by this model.

"Strictly business decisions."

that was pretty blunt of the guy, but when everything is so price competitive, you either find a new niche or you die trying to do things the conventional way.

Outsourcing manufacturing....... pretty much a very common thing in america.

that was pretty blunt of the guy, but when everything is so price competitive, you either find a new niche or you die trying to do things the conventional way.

Outsourcing manufacturing....... pretty much a very common thing in america.

NAFTA makes it enticing to move operations to Mexico as well because goods can be imported cheaper (no duty and whatnot)

I suppose it's better that it goes to Mexico rather than China or India, but it still sucks for workers because there is always going to be places with cheaper costs of doing business.

think of it this way, If they dont move to mexico, will they still be in business 5 years from now? It's pretty much a known thing that consumers wont pay top dollar for american products, I for sure wouldnt after owning so many crappy american products.

I dont think it's an easy situation.

Much better to use government to keep unprofitable enterprises alive. Otherwise we never would have gotten Yugos and Ladas.

Capitalism --> adaptation, evolution, progress
Communism --> torpor, laziness, decay

think of it this way, If they dont move to mexico, will they still be in business 5 years from now? It's pretty much a known thing that consumers wont pay top dollar for american products, I for sure wouldnt after owning so many crappy american products.

I dont think it's an easy situation.
The value of money over the value
of human life makes it a VERY easy
situation.

Much better to use government to keep unprofitable enterprises alive. Otherwise we never would have gotten Yugos and Ladas.

Capitalism --> adaptation, evolution, progress
Communism --> torpor, laziness, decay
No one ever said anything about communism
Your micro projections are showing.

Capitalism is unlimited profit or "progress"
in a very limited planet and through an even
more limited individual.

President is an asshole to be so stoic about it. At least they have time (over a year).

President is an asshole to be so stoic about it. At least they have time (over a year).

It's gotta kill morale at the plant knowing they are phasing everyone out

I honestly wonder what would the response would be if every single person at the stage just rushed the president and literally beat him to death. You all of a sudden have created 1,400 unemployed people, I didn't see a shit ton/any security in that video.

It's gotta kill moral at the plant knowing they are phasing everyone out
I smell another mass shooting

Boy, US citizens really love their
subjugation, alienation and assimilation
brought about by capitalism huh?
Shits super fun

Thats the way it works; profit is the goal of business.

Not sure why people get manufacturing jobs and also think "i'll be secure here"

It's gotta kill morale at the plant knowing they are phasing everyone out

Definitely. Usually they use retention bonuses to keep people around. He mentions the union, without them perhaps the operations would be shutting down way sooner. Would be nice if everyone could leave asap and fuck thr company in return

I smell another mass shooting

Boy, US citizens really love their
subjugation, alienation and assimilation
brought about by capitalism huh?
Shits super fun

I'm not aware of many mass shooting around plant closures. There has been a lot of plants that have moved over the years. It would cause a lot of stress and anxiety for people I'm sure though.

(crony)Capitalism is part of it, but globalization and the dismantling of national boundaries is bigger than just that.

Is Bernie going to try and do something about Nafta?

Back