Woodley: "I just KO'd someone named Ruthless and I'm scared of someone named Wonderboy?"

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I found this comment to be ridiculous, but left it alone. Seeing, though, as a bunch of Tyrun fans are actually regurgitating this nonsense is baffling. As if this is a battle of the more frightening nickname. Seems to me that many casual fans are failing to realize that styles make fights and there was a glaring difference in skill sets.

Lawler: a relatively one dimensional boxer that occasionally kicks and is slower, less explosive, older, far more battle worn and not only gets hit a record number of times each fight, he seems to like it. Coupled with the the fact that while Tyrun was avoiding any real fights, Lawler was putting on Fight of the Year Candidates each time out.
Wonderboy?: better distance control, footwork, defense, greater variety of strikes and unorthodox techniques, superb kicks, better volume and output without such a dramatic drop in cardio, and WB has far less damage accumulated over his career.

So my question is if Lawler's nickname was Tickle Shits or something non intimidating, would you admit that Woodley is ducking Wonderboy?

That comment is corny. Woodley is self-destructing before our eyes.

corn-starch-vegetable_eb6be91f7a4ed7ab.jpg

I've never seen someone so terrified of another fighter in my life.

Well, if nicknames were true to the fear level of mixed martial artists.. lots of people are scared of "Spiders" ;)

Same logic can be found on this very forum.

Well yes you are scared if you're fighting lay-off GoAT. 3 legit choices...Wonderboy, rematch Lawler or rematch Rory...

Yes, yes you are scared, Champ. Real champs don't give a fu who they fight.

That's what happens when you're insecure about a decision you made. You dont let it go.

That's the best logic ever

Holy shit

Woodley ain't scared of Wonderboy, if Wonderboy was the champ and Woodley was a contender, he'd be pushing for the fight. However, that's not the case so Woodley is doing what's best for him and his family and looking to make the most money possible with his next fight as he should be.

It's not his job to look out for what's best for Wonderboy.

Just fight him Tyron and all the talk will be unnecessary.

I dont think he's scared of him, he just really wants a money fight. Thats not the way UFC works though. Him vs Wonderboy IS a money fight. Probably more than DIaz or GSP, because the UFC would have to pay DIaz or GSP more than Wonderboy. Its up to Tyron and his managers to get more money fighting whoever.

Woodley ain't scared of Wonderboy, if Wonderboy was the champ and Woodley was a contender, he'd be pushing for the fight. However, that's not the case so Woodley is doing what's best for him and his family and looking to make the most money possible with his next fight as he should be.

It's not his job to look out for what's best for Wonderboy.

Yeah, what's best for Woodley is definitely to stay the fuck away from Wonderboy.

I dont beleive for one minute he is scared of wonderboy, he holds the belt and sees all these big mouth fighters around him getting rich from bullshit matchmaking so why is he gonna fight the most dangerous guy for the least money. Hes a provider as well as a fighter.

That said all his gay ass fans pulling the race card are irritating as hell, people are criticising him and his actions cos he is not a draw yet and dont feel he is on that pedestal yet. Hes not a big draw but will be if he knocks gsp out. Gotta accept he wants to get himself in that position as i doubt he is an mma fighter for the sport of it.

Back