Woodley: "I just KO'd someone named Ruthless and I'm scared of someone named Wonderboy?"

He actually TKO'd Lawler, but ok. Stunned and stopped yes, but not KO'd.

Woodley is a talented athlete and a worthy champ, but he has been difficult to cheer for his entire career. And it doesn't seem to be getting easier.

Imo Wonderboy needs to get a few more fights under his belt first. Give him some more time to improve. If we throw him to the wolves too early he might never reach his potential. All of this talk about Woodley NEEDING to fight a green prospect is hilarious.

I dont know about the names Lawler is a genuinely scary guy, regardless of his name.

Thats said Woodley is clearly after cash, if Wonderboy granted gsp money hed be all over that.

Ask Lombard if Woodley runs away from fights...

Imo Wonderboy needs to get a few more fights under his belt first. Give him some more time to improve. If we throw him to the wolves too early he might never reach his potential. All of this talk about Woodley NEEDING to fight a green prospect is hilarious.
do you think he is a boy because he is called wonderboy?

I sexually identify as Luke Thomas, and your micro aggression against this man triggers me.

He's from FERGUSON.

Im a doctor, and Im writing you a prescription to eat six dicks a day until you're cured of your retardation.

That can't be right.

Sherdog's front page told me that Woodley is a genius.

the fighter fights if he wants and the UFC has every right to remove his belt if he denies a contender. it's absolutely up to the UFC if they wanna call you a champion or not. and while the UFC doesn't do that, this new batch of entitled champions trying to fight outranked or irrelevant contenders deserve a different kind of treatment. if Woodley fights GSP, that's ok, it's expected for GSP to get an immediate title shot in his division when he comes back. But pushing for Nick Diaz is awful. if woodley ever comes to a spot where he'll either fight Diaz or nobody, if I'm the company I just strip him and make wonderboy vs someone for the vacant title. so the champion signing when he wants and to whoever he wants is something very easy to circumvent.

Fighters wanting to fight the biggest money fight aligns with the UFC's best interest as whichever fight generates the most revenue is also the fight that will bring in the most money for the UFC. The UFC can strip a champ, but they wouldn't likely do that because it would be devaluing their own title belt, they'd more than likely negotiate paying the champ more money to face the contender of their choosing before going down that road.

The champ seeking "big money" fights maybe a new concept but the UFC making "big money" fights certainly isn't. The UFC has a long history of giving title shots to undeserving challengers. Jones vs Sonnen, Couture vs Sylvia, Diaz vs GSP, Edgar vs Aldo (still wasn't big money but Edgar was the biggest name available at the division), Brock vs Couture. The UFC has always had the "we make the fights the fans want to see" motto, and the only thing that proves what fight the fans want to see most is rating/ppv buys.

How is he failing when he's being talked about now more than ever?

Well he just fought a week ago and won the UFC MW title so that's to be expected. Not my fault shitty, contrived trash talk gets people riled up.

jeez this guy has the belt, why does he sound like he's campaigning for a title shot?

Fighters wanting to fight the biggest money fight aligns with the UFC's best interest as whichever fight generates the most revenue is also the fight that will bring in the most money for the UFC. The UFC can strip a champ, but they wouldn't likely do that because it would be devaluing their own title belt, they'd more than likely negotiate paying the champ more money to face the contender of their choosing before going down that road.

The champ seeking "big money" fights maybe a new concept but the UFC making "big money" fights certainly isn't. The UFC has a long history of giving title shots to undeserving challengers. Jones vs Sonnen, Couture vs Sylvia, Diaz vs GSP, Edgar vs Aldo (still wasn't big money but Edgar was the biggest name available at the division), Brock vs Couture. The UFC has always had the "we make the fights the fans want to see" motto, and the only thing that proves what fight the fans want to see most is rating/ppv buys.
yeah they likely won't do it. also none of the fights you mentioned happened because the champion started campaigning hard for the bullshit challenger. in fact, most of the match ups weren't bullshit challengers at all! this whole 'diaz is the money fight' or 'hendo is the money fight', is silly. the ufc doesn't want bisping to fight hendo especifically, what they want is for bisping to remain champion as long as he possibly can. that gives them good viewers in the UK. as a fighting fan, I'm baffled that fans want this kind of corrupt shit to happen. a champion from x country getting all kinds of benefits and fighting irrelevant competition to stay champion is bullshit and I'm personally allergic to it.

Wonderboy is an awful match-up for Woodley which is why he wants no part of that fight anytime soon.

marold_donate_transparent_504.png

Woodley ain't scared of Wonderboy, if Wonderboy was the champ and Woodley was a contender, he'd be pushing for the fight. However, that's not the case so Woodley is doing what's best for him and his family and looking to make the most money possible with his next fight as he should be.

It's not his job to look out for what's best for Wonderboy.

Yeah but I thought Dana called the shots. And people kinda want to see wonderboy v. Woodley. And people pay the money to watch. So shouldn't Dana be like wonderboy v. Woodley?

But I guess people want to see GSP back. So good for Woodley for getting that cash.

By God Woodleys reaping the corn fields though.

And if he wants to play that name game... What's his nickname? Nothing right?

Edit: he does have a nickname. But no one gives a shit about it.

But I do think Woodleys a good fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back