Wonderboy vs. Rory Macdonald who wins?

Rory, UD - it'd look a bit similar to the Brown/Wonderboy fight I reckon.

Thompson had his Buster Douglas moment. Rory is ready to be Evander Holyfield and crush Stevie.

that's true but condit sure did a better job against lawler, rory turned into a bloody mess real quick

Rory was pretty close to finishing lawler though. I also remember that he was ahead on the score cards going into the fifth.

Both did well against him.

I think a lot of people are high on Wonderboy and i don't want to take away from his impressive finish of hendricks but I think Rory takes this fight , although i could be voting with my heart here as Rory is prob my favourite fighter now that GSP is gone , i just hope his War with Robbie hasn't affected him negatively

I'd take Rory, I think Rory will be the champ by March 2017 if he gets his shit together soon.

Not to mention that definitely wasn't the Johnny that fought Lawler for 50 minutes, first time we've seen Hendricks post-USADA without him being forced to hospital.

Wonderboy is going to be a nightmare for anyone at WW that can't get him to the ground, and get him there quick. I don't see Rory as being any exception. I think it's a really interesting matchup and both men are very dangerous. Rory has great wrestling, but I think he'll struggle to get it where he needs to. He's no slouch on the feet, but Wonderboy using his distance and accuracy too well. I'm giving a slight edge to Wonderboy.

Wonderboy is the new ww kingpin. He finally got his tdd in check so now he can show the world how far ahead his striking is from everyone elses
If Rory decides to stand, he's going to see white light...Rory loves to stay outside and control distance which by the way is WB's bread and butter and is a much better striker and distance is what he's good at. I think WB is also faster and has more power on his strikes. Rory wants this on the ground...I'm just not sure if he's better than Hendricks in TDs to put WB there...

I would say Mcdonald because his trainer Firas spent a lot of time training with Wonderboy so his mystery karate style should not be a problem for well prepared Mcdonald.
Well Cote should've been prepared then too, no?
Stephen%2BThompson%2BKnockdowns%2BPatrick%2BCote%2BUFC%2B178.gif

If you're going to stay defensive and wait for WB, he's going to feint, keep you off balance, fake a punch and kick you in the body, or fake a kick and give you a 1-2 punch...I mean you're looking at a variety of attacks being performed seamless here. He waits for his opponent, times them at the end of their attacks, springs back and delivers his own.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif
ixOQettkt9Xpu.gif
Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif
GivingExhaustedDobermanpinscher.gif

Now if you're going to be aggressive, he's really good at stepping back and gives a counter straight...
FineParchedGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel.gif
BoilingFrenchIrishredandwhitesetter.gif

• First, this is a team sport. Rory has an elite team.
  • Second, Wonderboy wouldn't use the same game-plan against Rory that he did against Bigg Rigg.
  • Third, Rory is 10X the striker as Hendricks, and is much more experienced with elite strikers.
I would have to favor Rory at this point, but Wonderboy is no joke.
Both of these guys have to potential to rule this division.

The difference, I think, is Rory's well roundedness. His ability to stay competitive on the feet against Wonderboy would allow him more access to take downs. With that said WB by ko.

Wonderboy match ups right now are very interesting. If he doesn't get a title shot or TWood, Rory could be a high possibility since Lomabrd is now facing Magny. MacDonald is a top contender.

gotta go with wonderboy but i think rory is one of the tougher matchups. mainly bc of his size. brown, rory, diaz, condit will all do better than hendricks. hard not to i guess.

Rory McDonald's skills are outstanding, this Wonderboy is just that. A child. Maybe one day he will be able to defeat a great adversary, but without the proper training in the powers of the Darkside he will remain a child.

It's hard to tell because we haven't seen how Rory looks post Lawler, and we only got a glimpse of what Wonderboy can do. I don't think Wonderboy would fight the same fight against Rory as he did with Hendricks. Rory is the same height as Thompson and has a 1 inch reach advantage which makes them basically even in that department. Rory has stand-up and Wrestling and he doesn't have to chase or agro like Hendricks does. The Hendricks KO was a result of an accumulation of uninterrupted striking dominance and I don't think Rory would let things go down like that.

Maybe Wonderboy will just crush everyone from now on, but I don't think you can look at the Hendricks fight and decide that everyone would lose to Wonderboy as a one hundred percent guarantee. I think I'd favor Rory assuming he looks the same, but that's as much of my need to see Wonderboy in more elite level fights as it is confidence in Rory.

Back