Wonderboy vs. Rory Macdonald who wins?

Interesting and great match up. I really hope we can see that fight soon...title or not.

Gotta go with Rory. Great fight, but I don't see how it furthers Rory's career unless he is champ and wonderboy is challenging.

early ko for wonderboy

rorymac overrated and already badly damaged, chin will be gone soon
Rory has one of the best chins in the division easily. And how can you say he is overrated when he has only really lost 5/6 rounds of the 47 or so that he has fought in his pro career.

Well Cote should've been prepared then too, no?
Stephen%2BThompson%2BKnockdowns%2BPatrick%2BCote%2BUFC%2B178.gif
You know that Rory and Cote don't train together right? Just because Cote is French Canadian, doesn't mean he trains out of Tri Star.

Rory has one of the best chins in the division easily. And how can you say he is overrated when he has only really lost 5/6 rounds of the 47 or so that he has fought in his pro career.
didn´t mean to hurt your feelings, just my humble opinion
if hendricks didn´t keep wonderboy on the floor, rory isn´t neither
what will rory do on the feet against wonderboy?

You know that Rory and Cote don't train together right? Just because Cote is French Canadian, doesn't mean he trains out of Tri Star.
Cote used to train with Tri-star with GSP. I've seen them train before.

Wow, on paper this match up is phenomenal.

You've got Wonderboy, looking like one of the most mobile, quick, & precise strikers in MMA at the monent. He shrugged off a TD from one of the strongest in the game against Hendricks, showing good signs for his future fortune against other grapplers. He has a strike for all angles and counters are ready. His combos are so quick an unrelenting. At his best it looks like everything comes from nowhere. He pumps his jab and straights very piston like and that's probably his go to shoeshine/light em up combo.

Rory MacDonald, a man who's trained for so long with Firas Zahabi and Georges St. Pierre. One of the best coaches in MMA, and one of the very best fighters to ever play the game ever, a legend. His game shows this, Rory has highlight reel moments of sheer brilliance. His awkward nerd gorilla KO was absolutely sick until the post fight celebration namesake. He isn't afraid to strike with strikers because he's pretty dang good himself, very powerful and deceptive in his strength and speed. He also has a hell of a chin and heart.

I think if the fight goes down we'll see Thompson quick & looking to remain crafty while Mac is patient looking to stick to the basics as well as trying to time Thompson. I think Mac will miss on some counters initiated either too soon or not soon enough & Thompson might get excited and attempt to finish and might even experience success until either being scared off by a takedown attempt from Mac or suffering the takedown and it's repercussions with Mac raining down GNP while Thompson looks to scramble/sweep.

I think any spinning back kick & front kick Rory throws, if he does, will be punished immediately after or soon after throwing them by Thompson executing the same technique more efficiently in every way and possibly landing every time.

I think Thompson will need to be more patient because Rory might overcompensate for his speed disadvantage and the difficulty of timing WB by attempting to make the most out of everytime Thompson is against the cage, in the pocket, and would be open for combos &/or takedown attempt(s).

This match up is too much.

My brain hurts just thinking about this fight but I favor Rory slightly.

didn´t mean to hurt your feelings, just my humble opinion
if hendricks didn´t keep wonderboy on the floor, rory isn´t neither
what will rory do on the feet against wonderboy?
Hendricks attempted one takedown and he fights nothing like Rory so why make the comparison? Rory has shown great striking as he basically has outstruck everyone he's ever fought. I'd say Rory is likely Wonderboy's toughest fight in the division.

Rory is so good at catching kicks,he was able to take condit down many times by timming his kicks and knees,in his first fight with Robbie it was the same.The second fight Robbie stopped the kicking.I don't think WB has fought against someone like that yet and I think it would be a bad night for him,Im team MacDonald on that one.

Rory is so good at catching kicks,he was able to take condit down many times by timming his kicks and knees,in his first fight with Robbie it was the same.The second fight Robbie stopped the kicking.I don't think WB has fought against someone like that yet and I think it would be a bad night for him,Im team MacDonald on that one.
has Rory fought someone with as crisp striking as Wonderboy? If Robbie can tag him, Wonderboy probably will dial in for 15 minutes assuming it's only 3 rounds.

Rory is Wonderboy's toughest fight at WW.

Great fight though.

has Rory fought someone with as crisp striking as Wonderboy? If Robbie can tag him, Wonderboy probably will dial in for 15 minutes assuming it's only 3 rounds.

Rory wasn't fighting his usual fight in the Lawler rematch. He was expecting to play the counterstriker and to wait for Robbie to get reckless and eventually time and take him down as well, but Robbie was way more calculated and patient than usual.

really hard to say considering how well rounded Rory is
im slightly favoring Rory via decision

Back