Wonderboy vs. Rory Macdonald who wins?

has Rory fought someone with as crisp striking as Wonderboy? If Robbie can tag him, Wonderboy probably will dial in for 15 minutes assuming it's only 3 rounds.
And while he's dialing,he'll get tagged as well and I take my chances on Rory's chin over WB.

Wonderboy is sort of like the new code to crack. The more fights he has, the more people may catch on to his game. If they were to fight next, I think Wonderboy would have an advantage because he is still a mystery, Rory is a bit more played out.
You do realize Wonderboy trained a lot at Tri star right? Rory has been watching him for years training.

Looks like we might get to find out. Joe hinted on fight companion that this fight will happen next.

Either guy could take it. Rory will just need the right game plan.

I think Rory could do it assuming he recovers from the Robbie fight well. Defending one takedown from Johnny doesn't mean that Wonderboy is suddenly a god at defending takedowns so I don't really see why Rory couldn't pull out a win.

It really boils down to whether or not Wonderboy would be able to avoid the GG. I believe he would for the most part. Assuming the largest portion of this fight would be fought standing logic says Thompson wins.

Plus he's coming out of very good win whereas Rory lost in a devastating fashion. Confidence, brain trauma...

If Rory fights to his strengths ie. takes Wonderboy down and elbows him into oblivion, he will take this fairly easily imo. If he tries to strike, he will get his head kicked in.

Rory has the fight IQ of baked potato, so I expect to see him hilariously KO'd again.

I'd go with Rory. He's more complete, imo. Wonderboy is riding better momentum, however. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome.

Great scrap - cant decide but leaning towards WB. Rory tends to stand stiff a lot and I think WB will clip em.

hmmmm... It feels odd to say because Rory is one of the best strikers in the division but he needs to get this to the ground.

Does he have a better chance of taking him down than Big Rigg? I think he will have a better game plan with Jackson. What a fricking fight!

This would be one of the most exciting and best WW fights to make. I'd slightly favor Rory, he has more expierence against elite fighters and is still one of the best WWs on the planet, but doubting Wonderboy is not a wise decision with his epic run.

You do realize Wonderboy trained a lot at Tri star right? Rory has been watching him for years training.
Then it is to be seen if Rory has his number. But Wonderboy is sort of an anomaly right now at Welter. I don't think many people know how to go about defeating him. He hasn't shown any obvious weaknesses recently that can be exploited.

Then it is to be seen if Rory has his number. But Wonderboy is sort of an anomaly right now at Welter. I don't think many people know how to go about defeating him. He hasn't shown any obvious weaknesses recently that can be exploited.
One of many reasons I am so excited to see him fight again.

Wonderboy looked amazing in his fight with Hendricks, but theres no way I can pick against Rory..... I still to this day think he is the most talented fighter at WW(yes I know he lost to Robbie twice, but I rate him very highly)

think he is just to smart and well rounded for Wonderboy

It's funny how MMA predictions go. A week ago, everyone was saying Wonderboy would easily beat the champ, Robbie Lawler. Then he gets matched-up against Rory and everyone says Wonderboy would lose. And the only thing we have to go off is the fact that Robbie beat Rory twice. Hmmmm...

Jarl

Back