Wonderboy may never fight for title

If you have better facts to gauge popularity I'm open to them. Nothing I've seen indicates Wonderboy moves a needle. Not number posts here about him. Not twitter followers. Not youtube hits.
We'll have to see how he draws on a card when given the opportunity. I just feel that social media is a horrible benchmark for basing a fighters popularity from. There's too many assumptions to be made there. I have a Twitter account, but I don't follow a single fighter. I'm sure others exhibit similar behavior. Where as you may have a fighter with a good number of social media followers, but that represents the bulk of their fans. I'm sure social media and other media sources are a consideration, but I think you could arrive at a very skewed conclusion.

It's surprising that he isn't popular since he basically looks like an infinitely superior Conor McGregor when he's fighting. More proof that most people aren't really fans of actual fighting technique and just watch UFC for the trash talk.
Bingo! UFC fans are NOT fans of actual technique and fighting! UFC/MMA fans want to see a brawl and a war of pointless words. The original point of the Martial Arts was to sustain as little damage as possible while inflicting the most. That dictates a style like Thompson's(which I love) to stay true to the Martial Arts. MMA may not want to evolve into the realm of skill already found in other full contact disciplines.

Seriously, I think this is mostly fantasy on woodleys part. There's no reason to believe that GSP is any closer to coming back than he was prior to 200. And "fun fights" aside, Nick is not getting an immediate title shot coming off a suspension, a no contest, and 2 losses. WB will get the shot.

Woodley has no intention of fighting Womderboy, welcome to the I like to sit and wait for money fights champ. Wonderboy just needs to call him out in every interview . I don't see Woodley ever defending the belt, stripped due to injuries and an aversion to getting a big loss.

Let be realistic here. First of all he's not popular so no demand to see him fight. then he's 34 thats old in fighting years not everyone is Dan Henderson "genetics" If woodley fights Diaz then GSP thats like 6-8 months and two fights wonderboy will also have to fight people too. If he loses even one he goes right back to mid pack and starts run all over with robbie, conduit, maia and who ever beat him ahead of him. Another 2-3 years to make a run and he could be advanced declining age.

No hate but are being sarcastic, or just dumb as a post?

Wonderboy should be a superstar but the old regime had no interest.

You have a guy repeatedly wheel kicking dudes in fantastical performances and virtually no one is aware he's a thing - instead we get 100% of the marketing dollars spent on developing media sensations like Rousey and Conor.

Hopefully new ownership sees the benefit in promoting more than 2 or 3 fighters at a time.

a couple of loses and he can get demian maia'd at 170

it is a realistic possibility but I'm sure reebok would like him as a champion.

i wonder what his contract status is - the ufc wants to figure that out probably before he fights

He is going to get the next title shot. Diaz is Diaz so he won't fight. GSP says he wants to but won't. Woodley calls no shots. UFC will give it to Wonderboy and they will fight.

People need to stop crying over the lack of adherance to the rankings. People want to see (at this point in time) fighters who hype themselves with social media and talk shit in interviews. It's not that hard to have a personality. If wonderboy wants a shot, how about he's goes online and starts hyping up that he wants one... that would do 'wonders' in comparison to all the passive aggressive crying on his behalf.

I think he is going to get the first shot at Woodley.

If the UFC wants to hype Womderboy all thye do is run him on FS2 for about a month and have Rogan tweet about how great he is, then have Schaub pick Woodley for the win on Rogans podcast.

Schaub never gets it right lol

Hyped, people won't even know who Woodley is if the UFC hype machine takes off on Wonderboy

Then I can bump my wonderboy has no good wins thread

Glorious

He beat the former champ (1st round tko) and the number 1 guy in the division back to back.

To say he has no good wins is like saying Brock Lesnar is clean.

He like John Fitch w/o youth. Dana will do everything he can not to make fight until he absolutely has to..

WTF? How the fuck is he like John Fitch? Jon Fitch was a blanket.

Wonderboy is one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC.

Fans love fighters who keep in standing and can deliver spectacular highlight reel finishes.

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

wonderboykick_by_fincher7-dac7vof.gif

tdpgkbn.gif

And if the UFC didn't want to push WB, why the fuck would they put him on the Fox panel for 201?

He's Machida 2.0 and will be champion.

UFC isn't making the Diaz fight. I still don't buy GSP coming back to fight a big hitter like Woodley. Wonderboy will get the next shot and Woodley will cry about it. He isn't Conor. He doesn't get to call his shots

Back