With Khabib & now Chimaev retired, who is UFC's next big Muslim star?

I live in the middle east and believe me when I say no one gives a shit about this sport here
I never even met someone who watch the sport in my country
even abu dhabi cards most of the audience are tourists
I think you should say european muslim countries

Idk about star but I think Ankalaev will be the next champion in 18-24 months. I'm not Dagestani dick-rider, I just think his skills & talent, once met with experience, will take him to the top of a wide open division. I like Jan but he's like 38, so I dont anticipate his reign to be but 2 or 3 defenses at most. If Izzy, Reyes, Santos or Jiri win the belt, I like Ankalaev to take them down & beat them up. If its Rakic or Glover I think he will knock them out.

UFC needs a big star to push to the middle eastern regions, and now with Khabib & Chimaev gone who will get the big push?

Options:

- Belal Muhammad
- Islam Makhachev
- Mike Perry
Ankalaev

Maybe Umar in the future but I think ankalaev is going to be a regional star. Not a superstar

tenor.gif

I live in the middle east and believe me when I say no one gives a shit about this sport here
I never even met someone who watch the sport in my country
even abu dhabi cards most of the audience are tourists
I think you should say european muslim countries
what country if u don't mind me asking?

No one there right now. None of the others talk. Even if they get fans from their talent none have that superstar power right now. Islam whispers and barely speaks english.

The correct answer is the undefeated Usman Nurmagomedov, he's marketable, his got that blunt Khabib sense of humor, his english is improving, devastating finisher.

He's only in Bellator right now because Islam got to the UFC LW division first and he's the heir to hold the title.

Usman will one day be P4P #1 superstar.

Captura_de_Tela_2020_10_02__s_09.49.50.png

Last edited:
No one there right now. None of the others talk. Even if they get fans from their talent none have that superstar power right now. Islam whispers and barely speaks english.
Islam speaks english,just not as well or as quick as Khabib. Khabib didnt speak english until he was at AKA i think,cos i remember him just speaking russian before.

Islam speaks english,just not as well or as quick as Khabib. Khabib didnt speak english until he was at AKA i think,cos i remember him just speaking russian before.
The combination of whispering and barely speaking english is the point. Khabib was still a bit more outgoing and had character. He was the guy with the “weird wig” and wore shirts that said if sambo was easy it would be called jiu jitsu. Islam doesnt really market himself in any type of way.

The combination of whispering and barely speaking english is the point. Khabib was still a bit more outgoing and had character. He was the guy with the “weird wig” and wore shirts that said if sambo was easy it would be called jiu jitsu. Islam doesnt really market himself in any type of way.
I dont see him being as marketable as Khabib,even if he was more active...but the muslim fans seem to love him so he had his supporters there.

Back