Will Wilder bounce back from this loss?

If we're calling AJ chinny might as well throw Wilder in there too. Wilder gets rocked just as much and by lesser competition.

I disagree. Joshua was hurt by every shot Ruiz hit him with, he got dropped by Wlad too.

I disagree. Joshua was hurt by every shot Ruiz hit him with, he got dropped by Wlad too.
Wilder got rocked by Washington, Molina, and Szpilka if I remember correctly. Wilder also got knocked out by Wlad in sparring.

Wilder got rocked by Washington, Molina, and Szpilka if I remember correctly. Wilder also got knocked out by Wlad in sparring.
I don't think Wilder gets hurt with every shot like people say he does. None of those guys could put him down. He's just an awkward gangly guy who moves weird.

Depending on the psychological damage of the last fight, he probably beats most of the top ten. But he has had over 40 fights and managed to beat exactly one top ten fighter in that time, so whatever he may be capable of, he isn’t proving it to anyone in any event and he will probably retired after Fury 3 so it’s all hypothetical.

However I think he loses to AJ. AJ is a bigger puncher than Fury, who hadn’t stopped a decent opponent since Chisora. But one hit from Fury had Wilder out on his feet for the entire fight and back-pedalling.

Joshua is a much more skilled boxer than Wilder and has shown he has more than one gameplan. He would actually study his opponent to work out the best approach and I think he would tag Wilder before Wilder can tag him. After that I think Wilder would be wobbling all over the place like against Fury.

So I think AJ would have the skill to outbox and land a hit first, and probably hits harder than anyone Wilder has faced, and given what we saw after a hit from Fury in him I think it would be a matter of time from then to a stoppage.

Fury has taken away the fear factor that kept everyone at range. He got his flush in the first round and didn’t even react. He got up in the twelfth round when exhausted against a clean shot. Would anyone recover from that if it was the hardest punch of all time? Maybe Wilder doesn’t punch as hard as his myth suggests? So I think even someone like Whyte might have a chance to walk him down, though I’d still favour Wilder.
I somewhat agree with this. AJ is definitely a better boxer but he appears somewhat gun shy and I don’t know whether he would be overly cautious of Wilder’s power and therefore allow Wilder to open the distance for the big right. He would have to take the fight to Wilder as Fury did but that isn’t his style and didn’t work against Ruiz, even tho he is stronger and has good uppercuts. If AJ sits on the outside he could get caught, especially if Wilder gets back down to a lighter weight (215 or thereabouts) as AJ is slow.

The only thing that will be bouncing will be Wilder’s head off the canvas, if he fights Fury again!

wilder definitely can take a punch better than joshua
i think joshua is the perfect fight for him, he is much slower than fury, many openings for wilder to connect

Wilders big right hand have made up for his lack of skill and overall boxing ability, he's also shown that there is no quit in him, even though he was beat to a pulp from start to finish by Fury.

However, I see him having trouble beating boxers who can move and punch, guys like Parker and Ruiz for example are going to be hard fights, even a guy like Dillian Whyte who's perhaps not as fluid, but a bully with his size and physical style.

The biggest puncher in boxing history, I think not.

lol
None of those guys are going to be able to walk Wilder down like Fury. How is chinny Joshua beating Wilder? What is Parker going to do?

Right, just do what Fury did, right? Just be 6'10" and walk through the punches of the biggest hitter in the division. No problem.

joshua is not chinny. Both Wlad and Ruiz are heavy punchers, and he survived Wlad. Ruiz really hit him a lot as well before winning which Wilder can't do. He's a one punch artist.

Just because the blueprint to beat him it out, doesn’t mean everyone will have the tools to implement it.

Joshua seemed pretty gunshy and safety first in his Ruiz rematch, he has the physical tools, but I would have doubts he could commit to and stick with the type of pressure/smother/bully approach Fury used.

Who else can effectively walk him down? Fury is huge with exceptional head movement and feints/broken rhythm.

Trying to fight like that could be a good way to get knocked out for other fighters.

I don't see Wilder beating Fury, but I could definitely see Wilder knocking Joshua out in a hard fought contest. Two different styles of fighter and I don't think Joshua is slick enough, and durable enough to put that type of pressure on Wilder that Fury did. Joshua would do better to counter punch against wilder and fight off the back foot because I could see him landing enough shots to hurt Wilder and get him out of there with his combinations and hand speed.

He’s certainly vulnerable to pressure, wrestling and infighting.

That being said, among those who’ll try to blitz Wilder, a few guys are in for a surprise. Everybody hasn’t Fury’s feinting and jabbing abilities.

That will make for a few entertaining brawls.

He can learn a little infighting and lateral movement. Gaining weight didn’t do him much good. He needs his stamina to carry his pop in the later rounds, as he can’t outpoint everybody.

His jab is good, he should use it more thzn just to set the right.

Maybe he can work on his shorter power punches and moving forward.
lol hes vulnerable to mma. on point my friend. fury used wilder to train for his mma debut at one point I thought he was gonna try a standing guillotine on wilder.

today i heard he wants the immediate rematch
maybe he knows where he fvcked up
imo he didn't look as c
I'd strongly advise Wilder to take a pass on the immediate rematch. He needs to get a new trainer... ONE trainer, a world class trainer and give himself 6-12 months to recuperate and evolve a bit as a boxer before taking on Fury again (and even that doesn't guarantee that he'd win a third fight against Tyson).
If he accepts the immediate rematch he'll be fucked up again and possibly ruin his punch resistance, brand, or both. He has to have some faith in hmself and play the long game. Let Fury and Joshua beat each other up and be ready on the other side to fight the victor.
he has to accept the loss period and regroup. hes got the talent to come back even better. and yes he needs to take some time off.

Back