Will Wilder bounce back from this loss?

He's still #1 in the WBC so take it up with them, that's the only belt Wilder was ever interested in fighting for but he had zero interest in fighting their number 1 ranked fighter.
Facts are facts, spin it however you like but it's still a fact.

it’s been a while but wasnt whyte one of the fights that got cancelled because of a failed drug test?

nobody thinks whyte is anything special. any idea of wilder ducking whyte is manufactured bullshit. whyte is just another unspectacular heavyweight

it’s been a while but wasnt whyte one of the fights that got cancelled because of a failed drug test?

nobody thinks whyte is anything special. any idea of wilder ducking whyte is manufactured bullshit. whyte is just another unspectacular heavyweight
I don't think he officially failed the test from what I seen. His fight was never overturned and he was never banned or anything. There was just "adverse findings" whatever the fuck that means.

Most heavyweights hit proper hard.
His hands were down mostly due to bad habits and just not fighting smart in my opinion.
That body shot KO looked like exhaustion. Like when he was falling down shooting double legs on Fury when he wasn't even hit. He was spent. A summer breeze could of floored him he was so wobbly.
They hit hard obviously but fury isn’t the hardest hitter plenty more in the division that hit much harder......and everyone has a blueprint now of how to beat wilder. I don’t see how this is something wilder can fix easily as a lot of his power was his mystic

They hit hard obviously but fury isn’t the hardest hitter plenty more in the division that hit much harder......and everyone has a blueprint now of how to beat wilder. I don’t see how this is something wilder can fix easily as a lot of his power was his mystic
He was weakened when he put all of his mystic powers into forging The One Ring, judging by his ring walk outfit.

Its definitely not an easy fix or an adjustment.
I think Fury at that weight with those bad intentions can probably crack with the best of them.

It was before the Oscar Rivas fight, suspended (by the WBC) the fight happened and then the WBC reinstated him.
I don't rate Whyte either but it's seemed a sensible fight for Wilder to make. Building a profile in the UK wouldn't have hurt with a future Joshua or Fury fight so it made no sense that it didn't happen but Wilders management are a bunch of comedians who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

No doubt you think Joshua was ducking Wilder though, no matter how much that's made up BS from the Wilder camp who never wanted the fight. The Joshua vs Klitschko and Parker fights happened, negotiating with Hearn can't be that hard but Wilders camp never tried to negotiate a unification with anyone.

Wilder is better than that.

people were predicting that he would get eliminated early on (Olympics) and he proved them wrong.

Hes 34, but he is Always in shape and this was his first real loss … Maybe we will see a scarier Version of Wilder … time will tell.

Wasnt old Foreman way more skilld than Young Foreman?
{<shrug}
foreman was wiser, more mentally tough but he lost speed, couldn't cut off the ring anymore, like any old athletes, you have to change your game to get by. Young foreman was truly formidable, really, ali had no business beating him, no one did, but ali was able to magnify george's inexperience and find a weakness. He couldn't move, he couldn't hit harder but he still won. Old george was fantastic but with clear limitations, those old feet being the main one and the speed loss being another.

Sure he can bounce back...if he stops relying solely on his athleticism/power and actually learns how to fucking box.

I think he will fury looked great Wilder is however kinda exposed as he is very loppy with his punches and only trys to land the big right hand. Other boxers don't have the talent to do use fury gameplan.

Can he? Sure. Will he? Maybe. But I don't know if Fury is a good fight for him. Fury is bigger. Fury is a better boxer and most important Fury is more calculating.

If Wilder comes out angry, like a madman, trying to ko fury and prove he's been better all along it won't go well for him. Fury will calmly execute his gameplan and beat him again whether by points or stoppage.

Wilder needs to approach a rematch very calmly with a lack of emotion and formulate a plan that will work on a bigger, better fighter.

it had Nothing to do with weight.

he gained weight too fast and that was the Problem … you have to build that up slowly.

We’ll see. Until then, he doesn’t look great at 230.

Joshua is a much better boxer than wilder. And he still got taken out in the first one
I dont agree with overall better. I will say more orthodoxed and conventional. More aesthetically pleasing. Better basic fundamentals.

He has very similar holes to Wilder. Chiny and major gas tank issues at higher heavier weights.
Both very vulnerable.
Also, nobody has any idea how Joshua's new style and size will play out against a more legit and ready opponent.

I dont agree with overall better. I will say more orthodoxed and conventional. More aesthetically pleasing. Better basic fundamentals.

He has very similar holes to Wilder. Chiny and major gas tank issues at higher heavier weights.
Both very vulnerable.
Also, nobody has any idea how Joshua's new style and size will play out against a more legit and ready opponent.
AJ can string more than two punches together, is very good at fighting on the inside and can move around the ring without falling over.....all things wilder cant do.

Not a lot of fighters can mimic what Fury did.
They may have technique but not reach and size.
They may have the size but not the technique.

He got exposed,no doubt BUT depending on who he mix up next he have a very good chance to bounce back.
When that happens IF he can perform the same way he always do(put people to sleep)just by sheer strength,he will get back to form.

Thats why a straight rematch with Fury right now is a terrible idea.

AJ can string more than two punches together, is very good at fighting on the inside and can move around the ring without falling over.....all things wilder cant do.
Last thing is an extreme exaggeration.
Wilder has shown and scored KDs with pawing setups, combinations, and shots from the inside.

Wilder will bounce back - all these lame excuses are part of him rebuilding his ego (“it wasn’t my fault I lost”) and he’ll keep having success at what he’s always done.

Can he beat Fury - sure, if he lands that right hand cleanly. Can he beat the second tier - of course, just like he could have done before the Fury fight.

A bigger question for me is whether Fury can get himself properly motivated for a third fight after such a crushing victory.

As I said somewhere else, if I were him I’d offer Wilder step aside money and unify against Joshua.

Ruiz from the first AJ fight or slightly mobile ko wilder with ease he has the chin and has the speed and power wilder can’t cope with
it's a risky move for sure, that's why he should only take the rematch. it's risky too, but the reward is higher.

What if Wilder knocks him out?

Where would you rank him?

If Wilder knocks out the champ I guess I'd rank him as champ. In boxing I think that would make him #2 because I think AJ has most of the straps right now, but I'd probably pick Wilder over AJ based on styles.

I just don't think Wilder has a snowballs chance in hell of knocking Fury out. He's had 19 rounds to do it, and hasn't yet. I don't think at 35 he'll have a breakthrough. I could be wrong but I wouldn't bet on it.

Back