Will Wilder bounce back from this loss?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are two things to consider here.. How will this fight, which I consider a total exposure, affect Wilder, and how will it affect his opponents?

Will Wilder gear towards a more aggressive style (I don't think he would be successful at it with elite guys but lower ones he can). And will the lower guys smell blood now.. a weakness, and just steamroll him every fight?

Do you think Wilder can bounce back? Young Foreman could not.. He still won some fights but he was never the same and retired after losing to Young.

He’s certainly vulnerable to pressure, wrestling and infighting.

That being said, among those who’ll try to blitz Wilder, a few guys are in for a surprise. Everybody hasn’t Fury’s feinting and jabbing abilities.

That will make for a few entertaining brawls.

He can learn a little infighting and lateral movement. Gaining weight didn’t do him much good. He needs his stamina to carry his pop in the later rounds, as he can’t outpoint everybody.

His jab is good, he should use it more thzn just to set the right.

Maybe he can work on his shorter power punches and moving forward.

If he takes the Fury rematch and goes 0-3 things are even worse for him, if he fights someone like Whyte or Ruiz hes taking a big risk with the reward being beating Joshuas sloppy seconds, if he goes back to fighting cans it looks bad. Hes in a tough position, plus hes at a fairly advanced stage in his career now too, so I sway towards thinking hes probably not getting back to where he was.

He fights Fury for a big payday. If he wins he goes on to fight Joshua, if he loses he retires.

Either way he's probably made 100M. I think he'll be doing just fine.

He’s certainly vulnerable to pressure, wrestling and infighting.

That being said, among those who’ll try to blitz Wilder, a few guys are in for a surprise. Everybody hasn’t Fury’s feinting and jabbing abilities.

That will make for a few entertaining brawls.

He can learn a little infighting and lateral movement. Gaining weight didn’t do him much good. He needs his stamina to carry his pop in the later rounds, as he can’t outpoint everybody.

His jab is good, he should use it more thzn just to set the right.

Maybe he can work on his shorter power punches and moving forward.

So you think at the very least Wilder will not be affected performance wise?

I think he’ll be back. Tyson Fury has his number. Andy Ruiz can probably beat Wilder too. Usyk is a 50/50 fight. Joshua 50/50 fight. Anyone else I think Wilder still beats pretty soundly. Just my opinion of course. This sport is too damn unpredictable lol. His next fight should def be a tune up to get his groove back. I’m still a fan. Still one of my favorite fighters and will be rooting for him

If he takes the Fury rematch and goes 0-3 things are even worse for him, if he fights someone like Whyte or Ruiz hes taking a big risk with the reward being beating Joshuas sloppy seconds, if he goes back to fighting cans it looks bad. Hes in a tough position, plus hes at a fairly advanced stage in his career now too, so I sway towards thinking hes probably not getting back to where he was.

I'm asking if you think Wilder the boxer will look differently, or if he will go about business as usual. Foreman was NOT able to. He looked like a shadow of himself against Lyle, and then lost to Young,

I think he’ll be back. Tyson Fury has his number. Andy Ruiz can probably beat Wilder too. Usyk is a 50/50 fight. Joshua 50/50 fight. Anyone else I think Wilder still beats pretty soundly. Just my opinion of course. This sport is too damn unpredictable lol. His next fight should def be a tune up to get his groove back. I’m still a fan. Still one of my favorite fighters and will be rooting for him

You really think Joshua only has a 50% probability of beating Wilder???

You really think Joshua only has a 50% probability of beating Wilder???

Ok MAYBE 55% Joshua 45% Wilder lol. I just remember Joshua getting tired against Klitschko and Takam although yes he absolutely did get his 2nd wind. I wouldn’t want to see Joshua get tired like that against Wilder though. Specifically the Wilder we saw in the Ortiz 2 fight. Just my opinion. Admittedly I’m no expert though. My pre fight predictions have been wrong almost every big fight these past few months lol

I'm asking if you think Wilder the boxer will look differently, or if he will go about business as usual. Foreman was NOT able to. He looked like a shadow of himself against Lyle, and then lost to Young,

He cant change at this stage and everyone will smell blood now. Its not like this is the first time hes been in trouble anyway, its just the first time he wasnt able to bail himself out. Hes always been a guy thats dangerous but vulnerable.

Ok MAYBE 55% Joshua 45% Wilder lol. I just remember Joshua getting tired against Klitschko and Takam although yes he absolutely did get his 2nd wind. I wouldn’t want to see Joshua get tired like that against Wilder though. Specifically the Wilder we saw in the Ortiz 2 fight. Just my opinion. Admittedly I’m no expert though. My pre fight predictions have been wrong almost every big fight these past few months lol

Nah, Joshua is just a way to skilled boxer. I think Wilders odds are horrible...

He cant change at this stage and everyone will smell blood now. Its not like this is the first time hes been in trouble anyway, its just the first time he wasnt able to bail himself out. Hes always been a guy thats dangerous but vulnerable.

I mean change in the sense that he will lose confidence and lose more fights because of it. It's the first time he lost.

He'll certainly improve on this performance but not sure if he beats Fury. Something seemed off with him in there, like Joshua when he fought Ruiz.
I guess we can only wait and see.

Hus cardio is definitely something to question imo. Obviously he's been full 12 rounds with Parker and Ruiz with ease, but those were not high output fights from what I remember. He can't fight like he did against Ruiz and Parker if he fights Wilder.

So you think at the very least Wilder will not be affected performance wise?

Good question. It’s a tad early to tell if he gets over the 0. We’ll get to see his mental strength.

Back