Will Wilder bounce back from this loss?

I hate to say it but given his choice to play the victims card after the fight, probably not.
It was the costume , the ref, and finally Mark.

I said it in the walkout thread. One who blames their hardships in life on people or circumstances has little hope, they are always at the mercy of an outside agent. They rarely make the choices necessary to effect change.

I think a lot of people are going to think that anyone can implement Fury's strategy and will find themselves waking up in the hospital

More Chiny based on what? Aj has been in with much bigger hitters than the bums wilder has. Fury isn’t a massive puncher and he knocked him down with a body shot.

yeah I think we can put that myth to bed now. Joshua got put down by a heavy hitter, and 1 of the hardest punching HWs in history. Firy put wilder down. His chin is no better than Joshua’s

I think a lot of people are going to think that anyone can implement Fury's strategy and will find themselves waking up in the hospital

the alternative is staying at range and still getting knocked out? And wilder was unable to counter fury because his balance was terrible. Of course it’s dangerous but this is the way to beat him. Wilder is hopeless when he’s being pressured and pushed back

I hate to say it but given his choice to play the victims card after the fight, probably not.
It was the costume , the ref, and finally Mark.

I said it in the walkout thread. One who blames their hardships in life on people or circumstances has little hope, they are always at the mercy of an outside agent. They rarely make the choices necessary to effect change.
I agree with this. And I'd add a further nail in his coffin is that he has a really big ego. He thought he was unbeatable. Coming back from being so badly dominated is going to be really hard for someone like him to deal with. And his blaming others is a sign that he's still trying to protect his fragile ego.

Last edited:
Yes, if he will learn boxing 1 year.
He doesn't know what even medium level boxing is.
As I said somewhere else, if I were him I’d offer Wilder step aside money and unify against Joshua.
Beautiful offer, he isn't Ruiz….
-
Still he is young for HW and strong, good punch so…. if he will learn a lot and train hard, why not, maybe after 1 year we will see another Wilder.

Last edited:
For example, maybe AJ vs Ruiz 2 looked boring but it was A+++ level bout.
Both of them showed that they seriously improved after first bout. Yes, yes, despite how they looked, skills level they both showed better than in first bout.

I assumed thad Wilder too will show better skills than in previous his bout.
Nope. I even assumed more close to 55/45 but …..
Plus these boring undercards. OK, Subriel with his defeat but this Romero in ring with a guy that doesn't yet have business with 8 rounder….. Good undercard bout <45>.

There are two things to consider here.. How will this fight, which I consider a total exposure, affect Wilder, and how will it affect his opponents?

Will Wilder gear towards a more aggressive style (I don't think he would be successful at it with elite guys but lower ones he can). And will the lower guys smell blood now.. a weakness, and just steamroll him every fight?

Do you think Wilder can bounce back? Young Foreman could not.. He still won some fights but he was never the same and retired after losing to Young.
Based off how hes reacted the past few days no. It seems like he is mentally trying to find excuses rather than take the L. That doesn't bode well for him imo

Joshua would be the underdog... there are levels to this...
gamblers dreams is reason why it is called so.
This defines levels, house never lost, gamblers lost or win.

Wilder would beat Joshua.
In dreams.
-
Wilder isn't able to beat even Dorticos with his boxing skills and speed, Dorticos is able to KTFO him earlier than Fury stop him.

Depending on the psychological damage of the last fight, he probably beats most of the top ten. But he has had over 40 fights and managed to beat exactly one top ten fighter in that time, so whatever he may be capable of, he isn’t proving it to anyone in any event and he will probably retired after Fury 3 so it’s all hypothetical.

However I think he loses to AJ. AJ is a bigger puncher than Fury, who hadn’t stopped a decent opponent since Chisora. But one hit from Fury had Wilder out on his feet for the entire fight and back-pedalling.

Joshua is a much more skilled boxer than Wilder and has shown he has more than one gameplan. He would actually study his opponent to work out the best approach and I think he would tag Wilder before Wilder can tag him. After that I think Wilder would be wobbling all over the place like against Fury.

So I think AJ would have the skill to outbox and land a hit first, and probably hits harder than anyone Wilder has faced, and given what we saw after a hit from Fury in him I think it would be a matter of time from then to a stoppage.

Fury has taken away the fear factor that kept everyone at range. He got his flush in the first round and didn’t even react. He got up in the twelfth round when exhausted against a clean shot. Would anyone recover from that if it was the hardest punch of all time? Maybe Wilder doesn’t punch as hard as his myth suggests? So I think even someone like Whyte might have a chance to walk him down, though I’d still favour Wilder.

He's not young, and the early indications are that he isn't handling the loss particularly well (we'll see in time if that's true). Fury is unique for the division in terms of style and perhaps ability, but it looks like Wilder will be taking the immediate rematch. Fury performances have been uneven enough that there remains some question marks for that 3rd fight, but Fury will obviously be a heavy favourite, and a loss there might just mean retirement for Wilder (it would make sense based on the money he will have made).

Based off how hes reacted the past few days no. It seems like he is mentally trying to find excuses rather than take the L. That doesn't bode well for him imo

He's just in the denial phase of grieving... it's normal and human... All this proves is that he was blindsided by the loss and truely believed himself to be invincible.

Honestly I reckon whyte Ruiz (from the 1st AJ fight) and AJ all could beat him.....and Parker could prob go close too.

I wouldn’t have said that before Saturday but after than shambles all these guys know what they need to do to beat him

Honestly I reckon whyte Ruiz (from the 1st AJ fight) and AJ all could beat him.....and Parker could prob go close too.
lol
None of those guys are going to be able to walk Wilder down like Fury. How is chinny Joshua beating Wilder? What is Parker going to do?

I wouldn’t have said that before Saturday but after than shambles all these guys know what they need to do to beat him
Right, just do what Fury did, right? Just be 6'10" and walk through the punches of the biggest hitter in the division. No problem.

lol
None of those guys are going to be able to walk Wilder down like Fury. How is chinny Joshua beating Wilder? What is Parker going to do?

Right, just do what Fury did, right? Just be 6'10" and walk through the punches of the biggest hitter in the division. No problem.
How can Chinny Wilder beat AJ?

Wilder isn't chinny. He's alot of things buy he's not chinny.
If we're calling AJ chinny might as well throw Wilder in there too. Wilder gets rocked just as much and by lesser competition.

Back