Will Wilder bounce back from this loss?

He'll certainly improve on this performance but not sure if he beats Fury. Something seemed off with him in there, like Joshua when he fought Ruiz.
I guess we can only wait and see.
We don't need to wait and see, he's now fought Fury twice and Wilder couldn't do the job. He got outboxed badly in the first fight and outfought and stopped in the rematch. Fury is just a really bad match-up for Wilder stylistically due to his size, boxing ability, and versatility (as he showed on Saturday night). Wilder has the ultimate puncher's chance against anybody but not against Fury anymore as he has multiple answers to solve that big right hand. And even if it did land clean there's always a good chance that Fury recovers from it as he did both times in the first fight. Fury is just a very bad match-up for Wilder.

We don't need to wait and see, he's now fought Fury twice and Wilder couldn't do the job. He got outboxed badly in the first fight and outfought and stopped in the rematch. Fury is just a really bad match-up for Wilder stylistically due to his size, boxing ability, and versatility (as he showed on Saturday night). Wilder has the ultimate puncher's chance against anybody but not against Fury anymore as he has multiple answers to solve that big right hand. And even if it did land clean there's always a good chance that Fury recovers from it as he did both times in the first fight. Fury is just a very bad match-up for Wilder.
Thread doesn't ask if he'll beat Fury. Asks if he can come back from the loss. We don't know for sure he fights Fury again.

Nah, Joshua is just a way to skilled boxer. I think Wilders odds are horrible...
Joshua doesn’t have the head movement Fury dose and is a hell of a lot more robotic. If AJ comes in thinking he’s going to walk down and stop Wilder the same way Fury did he’s probably going to sleep. That’s assuming Wilder doesn’t crumble from a loss like this. He may have the most dangerous right hand in boxing but it doesn’t mean shit if he doesn’t have the confidence to throw it with real commitment.

today i heard he wants the immediate rematch
maybe he knows where he fvcked up
imo he didn't look as confident as in his prior fights

Thread doesn't ask if he'll beat Fury. Asks if he can come back from the loss. We don't know for sure he fights Fury again.
You were entertaining that he could beat Fury still. Were you not? Yeah, he's now had two opportunities is all I'm saying. Whether he can bounce back can't be known at the moment.

You were entertaining that he could beat Fury still. Were you not? Yeah, he's now had two opportunities is all I'm saying. Whether he can bounce back can't be known at the moment.
The bolded is like exactly what I said.
I really hate having to spell shit out when I'm pretty sure people know exactly what I'm saying.

he always has a punchers chance
like in the first fight
no one thinks he can outbox fury
also, yes, he was outboxed, but he looked done after that behind the ear punch

If his ear heals well, he'll absolutely be back. He'll continue to be a top guy and rack up insane KOs. Will he ever beat FURY? Not a chance. Not unless Fury completely lets himself go again.

Fury is bigger, better, younger, and faster. He's demonstrated the ability to survive wilder's best weapons in their first fight, and the ability to just completely avoid them in the second. Wilder is 34 now, he's not going to get a lot better from here on out.

Joshua doesn’t have the head movement Fury dose and is a hell of a lot more robotic. If AJ comes in thinking he’s going to walk down and stop Wilder the same way Fury did he’s probably going to sleep. That’s assuming Wilder doesn’t crumble from a loss like this. He may have the most dangerous right hand in boxing but it doesn’t mean shit if he doesn’t have the confidence to throw it with real commitment.

If Joshua did the same thing Fury did, Wilder would have more than a scrapped ear drum. Joshua has proven that he can fight in several different ways.

he always has a punchers chance
like in the first fight
no one thinks he can outbox fury
also, yes, he was outboxed, but he looked done after that behind the ear punch
In the first fight where Fury recovered and most thought he should've won the decision? He was schooled in that fight, completely outboxed, then he was outfought and stopped in the rematch. What else is there left? Styles make fights and that particular match-up is a bad one for him regardless of having an excellent puncher's chance. Fury has many answers for his big right hand now. AJ would have a much better shot at beating Fury at this point than Wilder's got.

Does anyone believe Wilder needs to add more muscle/weight to his legs? It could help deliver more power and more stabilization when a fighter gets knocked down and tries to get back up.

In the first fight where Fury recovered and most thought he should've won the decision?
he recovered in the very last second. not arguing much, but theres the possibility he can't recover next time around.
all i say, it's not impossible. if that punch behind the ear didn't happen, the fight could unfold differently.

He needs to avoid anyone with power for a while

he recovered in the very last second. not arguing much, but theres the possibility he can't recover next time around.
all i say, it's not impossible. if that punch behind the ear didn't happen, the fight could unfold differently.
Nobody has said it's impossible. If it were then we wouldn't be calling it a puncher's chance.

Does anyone believe Wilder needs to add more muscle/weight to his legs? It could help deliver more power and more stabilization when a fighter gets knocked down and tries to get back up.
i think hes just built like that, almost like jon jones. skinny legs.
but yeah, this looked like a missmatch weight wise. especially when fury was able to connect, it showed effect immediately.
usually, if you fight a guy that big, you shouldn't let him hit you that easy, you want to stay outside and move.
fury basically bullied him.

I dont think so. It would probably help him take a punch better but it would make him slower and get tired faster. He just naturally has thin legs, trying to build mass in areas where your body doesn't naturally carry muscle at isn't good for fighting

Joshua doesn’t have the head movement Fury dose and is a hell of a lot more robotic.

Joshua is easier to get to than Fury but its not like hes just some crude sluggish brawler, hes the 2nd or 3rd most skilled boxer Wilder will have ever faced in addition to probably being the biggest puncher. AJ is likely to be in control for the majority of the fight while it lasts, and thats one fight that Wilder absolutely cannot afford to wait around getting outboxed in, but on the other hand if he tries to force things and gets sloppy he'll be one left hook away from being in deep shit.

Back