Will we ever see a multi-sport ChampChamp? UFC and boxing.

sg-19980406_severn_flash.0.0.jpg

His WWE badass theme

Yes. And?

I'm just trying to figure out how someone would hold this opinion after seeing McGregor, at the age of 29, fight at JMW and have neither a punch, nor the stamina to go 12 rounds, and somehow think that he'd have a chance at grabbing a major title at the weight (or 160, maybe, as he might want to cut less to have a chance to actually go 12). If it were August 2017, at least some could still claim that they had never seen him in the ring before.

Conor finish Khabib with some crazy boxing combination then fight with champion Paquiao and win that fight somehow because Paquiao get injury in that fight

Deion sanders was pretty good for playing football and baseball for almost a decade each. Made it to the world series too. My jays beat him.

Roy jones jr won a boxing and basketball match in the same day too i believe.

Should the first person to get simultaneos titles in boxing and UFC be called the best fighter ever?

Will someone achieve this milestone?

That person would probably have to start out in boxing and then cross to UFC
Well if Conor beats Khabib and GGG decides to come over at 155. Conor would be slept and GGG Champ Champ

The UFC doesn't pay what a top tier boxer makes, so unless that changes among other things, you can forget it.

The UFC doesn't pay what a top tier boxer makes, so unless that changes among other things, you can forget it.
I don’t know why people act like all boxing champs make millions...

Prob never but there’s a much higher chance of a boxer becoming UFC champ than a UFC champ becoming a boxing champion.

Did anyone actually read the OP? TS asked if anyone will ever hold belts in both boxing and UFC. And if so, would that qualify them as the greatest fighter ever.

Every post afterwards immediately started talking about crossover athletes in sports that has nothing to do with the OP.

Did anyone actually read the OP? TS asked if anyone will ever hold belts in both boxing and UFC. And if so, would that qualify them as the greatest fighter ever.

Every post afterwards immediately started talking about crossover athletes in sports that has nothing to do with the OP.

Not just that but they don't know what "simultaneously" means

Was that ever really verified? Jackson was an absurd athlete without any doubt, but I didn't think that number ever had real verification.
It's confirmed for one of his Auburn track practices in front of NFL scouts. Electronically done and everything, no manual stop watch.
Bo never went to the combine because he was already projected to be the #1 pick in the draft.

It's confirmed for one of his Auburn track practices in front of NFL scouts. Electronically done and everything, no manual stop watch.
Bo never went to the combine because he was already projected to be the #1 pick in the draft.

Interesting. I've always just thought it was another one of those legends that you hear about various different guys running sub 4.2s.

I'm just trying to figure out how someone would hold this opinion after seeing McGregor, at the age of 29, fight at JMW and have neither a punch, nor the stamina to go 12 rounds, and somehow think that he'd have a chance at grabbing a major title at the weight (or 160, maybe, as he might want to cut less to have a chance to actually go 12). If it were August 2017, at least some could still claim that they had never seen him in the ring before.
I can appreciate that. I'm just saying measuring anyone against Floyd is not the most true measuring stick. That is why I said 'with the right matchups', and a lot of work, possibly some luck too, Conor may be able to beat a lower belt holder. I, not claiming he would, or could, beat GGG, or even Loma, but if he worked on his gas tank and boxing, then it is a possibility that he MAY (not definitive) be able to capture a belt in boxing.

As TS asked, who is the guy that could do it in boxing and MMA, if anyone? You think Knuckles, TJ or DC? Not many top boxers go to MMA, as they stand the ability to make more in boxing. That is why I said Pico would have the best chance, and followed by possibly Conor.

I don’t know why people act like all boxing champs make millions...
Since this would be more about money, who else would realistically cross over into MMA or boxing if they weren't already a large star in a different sport.

Back