Will we ever see a multi-sport ChampChamp? UFC and boxing.

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
Should the first person to get simultaneos titles in boxing and UFC be called the best fighter ever?

Will someone achieve this milestone?

That person would probably have to start out in boxing and then cross to UFC

Last edited:
In UFC?
Only if they get Zuffa Boxing off the ground
I don't see UFC ever giving a boxer a title shot unless they have stake in his career

Bellator is more likely to do that.

does Bo Jackson getting to the All Star Game in MLB & NFL count?

hows about Jim Thorpe's countless awards across countless sports, including (ya, i'm not even making this up) ballroom dancing?

UFC & Boxing? naw. though AO's accomplishments in MMA & K-1 are a close 2nd.

Cro_Cop_11484476370.jpg

hows about Jim Thorpe's countless awards across countless sports, including (ya, i'm not even making this up) ballroom dancing?

I think Jim Thorpe has receded from public consciousness but for several generations he was the consensus greatest ever athlete.

crouches.jpg

I think Jim Thorpe has receded from public consciousness but for several generations he was the consensus greatest ever athlete.

crouches.jpg
absolutely.

an interesting factoid. in 1950 sportswriters were polled on who was the greatest athlete in the first half of the 20th century. Thorpe was #1, Ruth was #2.

same poll in 1999 (of 1999 sportswriters)? Ruth #1, Thorpe #7.

it really goes to show the difference between a GOAT and a Legend. Babe Ruth is a legend and Thorpe is not.

Should the first person to get simultaneos titles in boxing and UFC be called the best fighter ever?

Will someone achieve this milestone?

That person would probably have to start out in boxing and then cross to UFC in my opinion
UFC is NOT a sport Espresso, Boxing is. Apples to oranges. Whynot split hairs and require a Boxer to be WBA, IBF, WBC. . . . . Because they ARE NOT SPORTS!

FFS, the UFC is A single organization WITHIN the sport of MMA. They ARE an organization WITHIN the sport that STILL holds onto the exclusive contract clause!!!!!!!!

How about a comparison that makes ANY SENSE? A champion in professional Boxing while simultaneously a champion in professional MMA?

You ridiculous example has happened dozens of times already. Golden Gloves ARE champion boxers!!!!

Stipe WAS a golden glove champ and UFC champion simultaneously!

UFC is NOT a sport Espresso, Boxing is. Apples to oranges. Whynot split hairs and require a Boxer to be WBA, IBF, WBC. . . . . Because they ARE NOT SPORTS!

FFS, the UFC is A single organization WITHIN the sport of MMA. They ARE an organization WITHIN the sport that STILL holds onto the exclusive contract clause!!!!!!!!

How about a comparison that makes ANY SENSE? A champion in professional Boxing while simultaneously a champion in professional MMA?

You ridiculous example has happened dozens of times already. Golden Gloves ARE champion boxers!!!!

How do you think Stipe would do vs. Wilder?

Loma could

Yea. I probably should have brought him in OP.

He is 133 lbs. He would have to fight his sparing partner TJ. That would be an insane fight.

Gervonta Davis recently challenged TJ too

As far as I'm concerned Bo Jackson, Jim Thorpe, and Deion Sanders all qualify for what TS is looking for.
If you put Bo and Deion in a time capsule they'd still be among the greatest athletes today. Those guys had genetics that are straight up superhuman.

How do you think Stipe would do vs. Wilder?
I think he would finish Wilder in round 1 in MMA. I do not like Stipe's chance of survival and see The Bronze Bomber getting his wish of a body bag on his record should it take place in the boxing ring. I would LOVE to see any top 20 ranked HW boxer from any of the four main Boxing orgs try to give MMA a shot. They obviously have an uphill battle without cross training against the Bellator roster, and the UFC is N/A with their exclusive contest rule". If the UFC lifted this restriction making competing in both simultaneously, I think you would be surprised how well they could do in the even the top MMA org (UFC).

I would pay to see it, and given a year of x-training, I can see Tyson Fury OWNING the UFC belt, and all 4 Boxing major titles! Fear the Gypsy King!<Lmaoo>

You might not think UFC is a sport, but those of us who train it know better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back