Will we ever see a multi-sport ChampChamp? UFC and boxing.

Not with a major title. There are only 24 hours in a day and the human body, even with PEDs, can only adapt and recover so fast.

Maybe kickboxing and MMA but definitely not boxing. The striking (hands) in MMA is simply waaay too underdeveloped even tho its been improving significantly.

Also as someone who boxed most of my life switching to kickboxing and MMA later on was kind of like reinventing the wheel at first. The stances are totally different and obviously the ground game aspect of MMA took a ton of time to become familiar with. I imagine the other way around would be just as difficult if not even more so

There might be a couple of guys in the boxing world who grew up with a wrestling background and might be able to transition easier

Maybe kickboxing and MMA but definitely not boxing. The striking (hands) in MMA is simply waaay too underdeveloped even tho its been improving significantly.

Also as someone who boxed most of my life switching to kickboxing and MMA later on was kind of like reinventing the wheel at first. The stances are totally different and obviously the ground game aspect of MMA took a ton of time to become familiar with. I imagine the other way around would be just as difficult if not even more so

There might be a couple of guys in the boxing world who grew up with a wrestling background and might be able to transition easier

Great post

Jacob Ortiz might have been, if UFC stands for ultimate f***ing champion and you consider what he was doing in 2007 "box"ing. The guy must have serious skills to land and keep his then-wife.

UFC is NOT a sport Espresso, Boxing is. Apples to oranges. Whynot split hairs and require a Boxer to be WBA, IBF, WBC. . . . . Because they ARE NOT SPORTS!

FFS, the UFC is A single organization WITHIN the sport of MMA. They ARE an organization WITHIN the sport that STILL holds onto the exclusive contract clause!!!!!!!!

How about a comparison that makes ANY SENSE? A champion in professional Boxing while simultaneously a champion in professional MMA?

You ridiculous example has happened dozens of times already. Golden Gloves ARE champion boxers!!!!

Stipe WAS a golden glove champ and UFC champion simultaneously!
You must have a really large vagina to fit that much salt in it.

Pico is the best hope, by far.

Tho I'll get flamed, I'll still say it: With the right match making, I think Conor could have a shot too. From the time we saw him spar Van Heerden til May, he made tremendous amounts of progress. I doubt he will do it, but he might have a shot. I don't see any other current fighters being able to reach the pinnacle in both sports.
{<jordan}

Any top 500 boxer beats McNugget in a boxing match.

Back