Will Trump be the first President to go to prison?

Not happening.

No politician wants that precedent.

Besides, it is better to have something over someone to get shit done. Putting someone in jail doesn't buy you anything.

For being a sh*tty president, no. But he might go to jail for corrupt dealings outside of his presidential responsibilities, but I highly doubt it.

do the dems really want to open pandora's box? because once they start it, there is no way the other party (and half the country) will ever forget

Please don't make me explain this like you would to a child. OBVIOUSLY Hillary not being in jail is implicit you ape, it goes without saying. You know exactly what just happened in this conversation and I don't have patience to deal with your denial right now. Go back, read the comments again and think. There's absolutely no point in continuing this because you'll cling on to any percieved misunderstanding to obfuscate the point.

OP: Will Trump go to jail.
Me: No. That would be unprecedented and dangerous!
You: TRUMP INVESTIGATED HILLARY ORANGE MAN BAD
Me: She's not in jail, so it's irrelevant.
You: WOW YOU ARE AN APE I AM SUPER ANGRY

You're on a roll with the thread making lately, TS.

What in your opinion has he done to deserve a prison sentence,TS?

How about adding some substance, any substance to a thread you created for once instead of just mindless rhetoric, TS.

Tax fraud for one. But, I agree he won't go to prison.

Please provide a source?

But first, take Rachel Maddow's dick out of your mouth so we can here you clearly.

Are you really in denial?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...zation-manipulated-asset-values-idUSKBN25K1XG

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-new-york-attorney-general-financial-dealings

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexing...ral-probes-if-trump-inflated-assets-for-loans

It's the New York State AG. I don't know if you know how they operate, but they usually won't go after someone high profile unless they have a strong case.

I highly doubt Biden would do anything to prosecute Trump. Former president and all that. But I think that just pertains to the potential tax fraud stuff (unproven, obviously). As for the NY investigation into the Trump Organization inflating/deflating assets, I don’t think Biden gets a say, and rumour currently is that the reason Trump hasn’t been charged yet is because of the sitting president doctrine underlying the Mueller report. All in all though, I don’t think Trump, or anyone who was ever president, will go to jail. I also think his finances will be just fine. There’s going to rallies, books, potentially a TV channel, maybe an app once he gets kicked off Twitter, etc. The old lunatic is going to be just fine.
Not him directly..

Lol. You live in this bizarro reality. Hillary is not in jail. She never stepped foot into a court room. Going after Trump would be completely unprecedented.
It would not be completely unprecedented, if Ford wouldn't have pardoned Nixon he would have gone to prison and yes Trump definitely went after Hillary and would have been happily seen her in jail, but there was one big problem and it's she didn't do anything illegal. You right wingers are already developing the standard right wing selective memory disorder that only seems to strike whenever a Democrat is in the WH.

I look forward to you suddenly remembering deficits matter, constantly lying is bad, checks and balances are good and so on.

If Trump really was the evil villain that some people think he is, and if it really looked like he wound be arrested and incarcerated as soon as he steps down, then his last Presidential act could be to issue a pardon... to everyone.

Or maybe not everyone, just all the people he would hate to be locked up with, so just all the violent criminals and criminals of colour.

They should probably tone down the "lock him up" talk until he's not in the position to grant favours to people and groups already incarcerated in the US prison system.

I could see a Sally Yates led DOJ really grinding on him for at least 4 years. My guess is he spends much of that time fighting legal battles over his taxes, staving off financial ruin.

I don't really think it's up to the democrats, unless Biden decides to pardon him.

The FBI already has like 15 investigations ongoing. If Trump uses Rudy Guiliani to defend himself, they'll probably both end up in ADX Florence.

The U.S. DOJ won't pursue anything. Even if NY State files an indictment and successfully prosecutes, my guess is that he'll get no worse than house arrest.
Pretty much.
It never happened and there is no law that describes how it would go down exactly but he would still have Secret Service protection, hence it's very unlikely he would end up in anything other than his own house or a single dorm in a camp.

Win a razor thin election with widespread allegations of voter fraud, then jail your opponent. This is really the US in 2020?
Some people won't be happy until there's another Oklahoma.

Yes, as he should. Locked up with Hillary.

Is Hillary in jail? Immediately after the election, Trump said he wasn't pursuing her. So no, its not the same. If Biden were to go after Trump, it would be banana republic shit.

Why would Biden go after Trump? He's not Trump.

Trump is 74. He's been a crooked con man his entire life. He's not going to prison. He would've by now. He's good at what he does (being a sleaze ball not business)

I can certainly see the degenerates on the left trying.

Back