Will Trump be the first President to go to prison?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Democrats are pushing to prosecute Trump soon as he steps down. Do you think Trump and maybe some of his administration will end up going to prison? Has any previous President ever been prosecuted after their term was over?

As old as Trump is, he might spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Very unlikely. What will be interesting is if he has state crimes which cannot be pardoned by a different POTUS. But I think overall it’s highly unlikely.

There's a Tweet for everything, so considering how many times he called for his opposition to be locked up?

It's a stone cold guarantee.

I’m extremely down to #lockhimup but it isn’t gonna happen. It doesn’t really jive with the whole healing the country (lol) thing. I’d expect the Dems to lean hard on SDNY to bury it.

China and Russia are in mourning, they were praying for another term, another term of the US going down the shitter.

Probably not prison, but bankruptcy is still on the table. 900 million in loans coming due prior to 2024, and he cant grift the secret service anymore. Most of his cult, are not rich, so not sure how Donny is going to make enough to cover that 900 million nut. The only resorts that makes any money anymore is Mar a Lago, the DC hotel(which will end because only foreigners stayed there to gain favor with Donny) and the one he splits with someone else in Vegas. The rest of them are money losers.

You're on a roll with the thread making lately, TS.

What in your opinion has he done to deserve a prison sentence,TS?

How about adding some substance, any substance to a thread you created for once instead of just mindless rhetoric, TS.

I don’t think he’ll face federal charges, out of fear of precedent, but it could happen. Trump might face state charges in NY, or have the penalty for his financial crimes fall on a patsy.

It’s a tricky situation, since he’s unlikely to be charged for anything he did while in office. If he’s caught committing a lifetime of white collar crime while a private citizen, it wouldn’t be all that relevant to future politicians. Still, imprisoning a former president seems like a big mess for whatever level of government is required to do it.

Back