Will Trump be the first President to go to prison?

Not likely. But constant court trouble and threat of incarceration will be fun to watch.

Trump going to prison would make the end of 2020 great again! Biden 2020

The Democrats are pushing to prosecute Trump soon as he steps down. Do you think Trump and maybe some of his administration will end up going to prison? Has any previous President ever been prosecuted after their term was over?

As old as Trump is, he might spend the rest of his life behind bars.
The Democrats are not pushing for his incarceration.

I doubt he'll see any jail time in his lifetime.

I personally don't see the rest of his life going smoothly. He mixed family and politics too much, and may feel somewhat resentful toward his kids and son-in-law for the "bad advice" he took from them. He's going to want to leverage his presidency for financial gain (as all former presidents do) by various means. Some think he will start his own network channel. It keeps his name and mug on daily television to satisfy his egotistical needs. But he will never be as admired as he was before his life in politics. Think about it, if the guy shows his face in public, half of the people are going to show their love and appreciation, and the other half will flip the bird and yell obscenities. He is that polarizing.

Could you imagine after all the "lock her up" chants Trump is the one who gets locked up? Ha! That would be absolutely incredible but I really don't see a former president being put in prison, unfortunately.

However, financially, I think NY is going to get him in a lot of trouble.

The U.S. DOJ won't pursue anything. Even if NY State files an indictment and successfully prosecutes, my guess is that he'll get no worse than house arrest.

Not going to happen, no matter how much AOC and Pelosi want it, the actual grown ups in the party don't want to set a dangerous precedent.

Turkeys don't vote for Thanksgiving;)
None of those people are going to be involved in it at all. Biden & co don't want to be seen as going after a former political rival.

It's going to be the NY that goes after him hard. They've already been building the cases up for a while. Trump can't pardon his way out of state charges. He may also end up being fined $100 million by the IRS.

If Obama and the Clintons got a walk, it would be dangerous to go down this road. It truly would be one of the most divisive things the Democrats could do, but I wouldn't put it past them. I'd take it, if we get to start doing it to every President that breaks the law moving forward.... oh and members of Congress.... and Governors.

Probably not prison, but bankruptcy is still on the table. 900 million in loans coming due prior to 2024, and he cant grift the secret service anymore. Most of his cult, are not rich, so not sure how Donny is going to make enough to cover that 900 million nut. The only resorts that makes any money anymore is Mar a Lago, the DC hotel(which will end because only foreigners stayed there to gain favor with Donny) and the one he splits with someone else in Vegas. The rest of them are money losers.
The cult is not quite going to be the same soon. They're losers who looked to live vicariously through a "winner." But Trump just got KO'd by Joe Biden. The veneer broke off. Trump isn't the super man they thought he was, after all. He can probably grift a bit with the "poor me, very unfair, so mean to Trump" angle, but it isn't the same.

Rich crooks very rarely get what's coming to them, unfortunately. I think Donnie will end up with some very inconvenient bills, though.

In Italy the left always have their opponent, the epithome of evilness , jailed and condamned ( Craxi, Berlusconi) . jailing Trunp would be a severe lesson toward anyone is an otusider of the system and dare to compete for the presidency.

Good Guy God Emperor President Daddy Biden would probably pardon him to prevent unrest.

Back