Will the UFC ever get rid of betting odds and twitter comments?

I can see how people with issues concentrating might be bothered by Twitter comment but how is having the odds an issue?

BTW is someone forcing you to read the twitter comments when they pop up? Do they cover up the action? The answer to both is NO.

The tweets are now attached to ads, so they aren't going anywhere

I assume the betting plugs derive from a partnership with Vegas so might as well get used to them. Plus they can be informative which is probably why most sports broadcasts mention odds/spreads at some point

Sports gambling is only getting bigger, get used to it. I like when they give the live odds personally, don't care about the general twitter comments though.

I can see how people with issues concentrating might be bothered by Twitter comment but how is having the odds an issue?

BTW is someone forcing you to read the twitter comments when they pop up? Do they cover up the action? The answer to both is NO.

It takes your eyes and focus off the fights.

The UFC knows that individuals with large social media followings love to see their names plastered on TV and it encourages them to interact, the more social media impressions the better. They could give a shit if it’s annoying to the hard cores. I’d imagine same with the betting lines, they’re looking for more eye balls.

It’s all about how many aggregate viewers the UFC can get, this will eventually dictate how lucrative their next TV deal will be. Dana White right now is solely focused on 2 things: to hit his event KPI which will give him and the UFC a payout, and secondly increase the viewership and by proxy the ad dollars per event. Right now UFC is small potatoes compared to the 4 pro team sport leagues, if Dana gets them anywhere close in popularity he puts them in a position where there is a legitimate bidding war for the next TV contract and probably makes himself a billionaire.

I find the twitter comments infuriating sometimes. At least keep to it to fighters/ex-fighters only. Just sickening.

The betting odds... I don't get what's up with that. Why do we need to know the odds and be reminded of them constantly?

Maybe it's for the new gen of simpletons or something.

<EdgyBrah>

One could say only a simpleton would be infuriated by this small amount of extraneous data appearing on their screen.

I barely even notice them anymore but I'm good at tuning things out. Plus usually on the PBP so the text here is more of an eyeful.

Betting odds are tied to the UFC’s long relationship with Vegas, not sure why someone would be annoyed by them

I'd rather see more pertinent information on fighters, maybe something like their last 5 fights record or something in that space they have odds
Just look them up on Sherdog’s fight finder. Betting odds are pretty important information, it’s what people risked their money on and they don’t just want to throw their money away.

I find the twitter comments infuriating sometimes. At least keep to it to fighters/ex-fighters only. Just sickening.

The betting odds... I don't get what's up with that. Why do we need to know the odds and be reminded of them constantly?

Maybe it's for the new gen of simpletons or something.

<EdgyBrah>
recovering from a gambling addiction or something?
and a small box in an area that would surely only have floor logo on the screen bothers you?
would you rather see 30% of the corn nuts logo in that little area of op up tweets?
<{hughesimpress}>

The real bullshit is Vegas odds.
Who the hell likes -300, +1000, -210 and etc odds. Show me some normal decimal digits for normal humans. Like 1.8, 2.3....

In the old days all that was on the screen during a match were the fighter's names and the round number. Now it's plastered with distracting, useless shit like advertising and fucking Twitter posts. The gambling odds I don't mind. That's useful information. Personally I'm not buying any more ppv until they remove that Twitter shit

Sports gambling is only getting bigger, get used to it. I like when they give the live odds personally, don't care about the general twitter comments though.

How can sports gambling get any bigger than it is right now?

I see how eSports can, not everyone gambles on eSports.... or politics.... or other niche stuff.

But sports?

I mean if you add like another billion people on earth then yeah, those new ones will probably make it bigger.

Back