Will the real Miesha Tate please stand up?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Which Miesha Tate is "real"? Prior to TUF she was generally viewed as kind of whiney, insecure, and jealous of Rhonda. On the show thus far she has come across as happy, mature, and very grounded. Do you think she's playing this season of TUF for the cameras? Is she putting on a partially fake front?
I'm not blaming her if she is btw. Anyone who is in front of cameras (well not everyone apparently) is going to try and put their best foot forward. I'm just wondering if we are getting a fake Tate/Caraway or what's going on.

I think Miesha on the show is in a position that she wants to be in, coaching on the show with an opportunity to avenge her loss and fight for the title. Her fighters won their fights. When she's talking about things that didn't go her way, like losing to Cat, she sounds really whiny and annoying.

Which Miesha Tate is "real"? Prior to TUF she was generally viewed as kind of whiney, insecure, and jealous of Rhonda. On the show thus far she has come across as happy, mature, and very grounded. Do you think she's playing this season of TUF for the cameras? Is she putting on a partially fake front?
I'm not blaming her if she is btw. Anyone who is in front of cameras (well not everyone apparently) is going to try and put their best foot forward. I'm just wondering if we are getting a fake Tate/Caraway or what's going on.

Its obviously fake. She's only a few months removed from whining publicly about her loss when Cat beat her ass, and Caraway elbowing Cat in the back of the head like a lunatic. It would be foolish to think all of a sudden the entire group of them all of a sudden completely reversed their personalities.

Caraway himself said in an interview that they made up their minds not to "talk shit" because according to him, it just "went bad" when they did. He has no choice really but to act mature at this point he's basically looked at with disgust abroad. But Tate is definitely playing the game and why shouldn't she?

I think you saw the real Tate when she gave Shayna the cake and than appologized for her being on Rhonda's team. Her face turned when Shayna said she liked the advice and support Rhonda gave her after he loss.

I think you saw the real Tate when she gave Shayna the cake and than appologized for her being on Rhonda's team. Her face turned when Shayna said she liked the advice and support Rhonda gave her after he loss.

That's just what she looks like most of the time

People have different aspects to their personality. Both could be the "real" Miesha.

The Miesha on TUF seems to be who she is 90% of the time.

When she's in "fighter / promoter" mode, she probably says stuff and does stuff that she wouldn't normally do under regular circumstances. She may even play it up for the camera and talk crap to promote her fights that she doesn't really mean. Or maybe she removes the filter.

But on TUF, she seems to be wanting to coach because she wants to help the others on the show... not just "win" like Rousey. She seems genuine when interacting with the people on the show. She doesn't put on a "tough guy (girl)" front.

Exactly, she didn't like that shit at all. In fairness to Tate and Ronda both though, they're women. This is how it is. Tate acted like a typical female right there. But yeah, I'm glad someone else sees through her bullshit. She's the type of chick that will probably never speak to Shayna again because she supported Ronda. Women can't compartmentalize at all. Ronda is the same way, she said she didn't pick Pena because Pena asked to be closer to Tate's corner or something like that. So she was all like, "fuck her".

People have different aspects to their personality. Both could be the "real" Miesha.

When she's in "fighter / promoter" mode, she probably says stuff and does stuff that she wouldn't normally do under regular circumstances. She may even play it up for the camera and talk crap to promote her fights that she doesn't really mean. Or maybe she removes the filter.

But on TUF, she seems to be wanting to coach because she wants to help the others on the show... not just "win" like Rousey. She seems genuine when interacting with the people on the show. She doesn't put on a "tough guy (girl)" front.

That is kind of my opinion as well
it might change by the end of TUF

Ronda is clearly all in for her fighters. Even some of the biggest Ronda critics on Sherdog have conceded that. Miesha is rarely directly involved, at least so far, with the actual coaching of her fighters. She's constantly dolled up for the cameras. Ronda is always working and sweating.

Ronda is clearly all in for her fighters. Even some of the biggest Ronda critics on Sherdog have conceded that. Miesha is rarely directly involved, at least so far, with the actual coaching of her fighters. She's constantly dolled up for the cameras. Ronda is always working and sweating.

They showed Miesha teaching Julianna and sparring with Holdsworth.

Exactly, she didn't like that shit at all. In fairness to Tate and Ronda both though, they're women. This is how it is. Tate acted like a typical female right there. But yeah, I'm glad someone else sees through her bullshit. She's the type of chick that will probably never speak to Shayna again because she supported Ronda. Women can't compartmentalize at all. Ronda is the same way, she said she didn't pick Pena because Pena asked to be closer to Tate's corner or something like that. So she was all like, "fuck her".
Sorry... I don't see it like that at all. Ronda would be somebody who I could see not talking to her again if she said something nice about Miesha.

Miesha has actually crossed over and been friendly with the other team. She seems to value the person rather than the color jersey they are wearing. Ronda seems to be taking this shit way too seriously.

Did you happen to miss Miesha sparring with Holdsworth on the last episode?

I've seen Miesha coaching so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Neither one of us know the extent to which they were involved.

But the cameras have showed her coaching so I don't see what you are talking about.

Thats exactly what I see so far.

Sorry... I don't see it like that at all. Ronda would be somebody who I could see not talking to her again if she said something nice about Miesha.

Miesha has actually crossed over and been friendly with the other team. She seems to value the person rather than the color jersey they are wearing. Ronda seems to be taking this shit way too seriously.

You don't have to apologize, its your perspective. I see it differently. I've followed Miesha's career and she's always been a whiny spoiled brat with a sense of entitlement. She definitely and visibly didn't like Shayna saying how much she appreciates Ronda. It was clear. Ronda hasn't bashed anyone on the other team so I don't know where you're going with that. Miesha is clearly more controlled. That is evident. But Miesha has a long history of that spiteful kind of behavior.

I've seen Miesha coaching so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Neither one of us know the extent to which they were involved.

But the cameras have showed her coaching so I don't see what you are talking about.

No you're right last night they did show her sparring and moving. The first episode in particular though, she wasn't doing much but walking around. Like I said, even other Ronda critics saw that at the time. But yeah, you're right, she was definitely in the mix last night.

What are you talking about? Tate has been sparring with every person that has fought so far? Ronda doesn't seem that all in. It seems like all Ronda's team does is say "you're better than that other person" in lieu of training and then throws a hissy fit when they lose. Ronda's fighters seem completely unprepared while Tate's fighters seem like they've actually been training and have someone to coach them.

Ronda may be emotionally invested, but that's only because that is her personality. She doesn't seem that invested in actually training them. There is absolutely no reason Beal should have been dumbfounded by a jab and Shayna was overconfident and gassed by 3 minutes in if they were trained properly.

You don't have to apologize, its your perspective. I see it differently. I've followed Miesha's career and she's always been a whiny spoiled brat with a sense of entitlement. She definitely and visibly didn't like Shayna saying how much she appreciates Ronda. It was clear. Ronda hasn't bashed anyone on the other team so I don't know where you're going with that. Miesha is clearly more controlled. That is evident. But Miesha has a long history of that spiteful kind of behavior.

Just got ur blue belt huh...Congrats

Myu bad...im tripping here...thought u had just gotten it lol

No you're right last night they did show her sparring and moving. The first episode in particular though, she wasn't doing much but walking around. Like I said, even other Ronda critics saw that at the time. But yeah, you're right, she was definitely in the mix last night.
I also specifically remember her coaching I think Juuliana on the mat, showing her how to keep her head down so she doesn't get caught in an armbar.

Back