Will the real Miesha Tate please stand up?

Which Miesha Tate is "real"? Prior to TUF she was generally viewed as kind of whiney, insecure, and jealous of Rhonda. On the show thus far she has come across as happy, mature, and very grounded. Do you think she's playing this season of TUF for the cameras? Is she putting on a partially fake front?

I think Tate is very happy with the show. It's as if she spends all day every day tweeting about every little thing that happened on TUF as soon as it's revealed, constantly prodding and poking Ronda across social media, and promoting the show non-stop. The UFC has to be pleased with what she's doing to whip up interest in TUF. Ronda, on the other hand, barely acknowledges the show is even being broadcast and has gone virtually silent beyond occasionally letting a quarter million people know what song she's listening to on her ipod.

Well, let's be fair. No amount of training will save Tate from the humiliation she's going to get in December. So she has all kinds of time to sit on Twitter.

Rousey, on the other hand, needs to be training for her next real fight against Zingano.

I think you saw the real Tate when she gave Shayna the cake and than appologized for her being on Rhonda's team. Her face turned when Shayna said she liked the advice and support Rhonda gave her after he loss.

I think she made the " I shouldn't of said that face" as opposed to the " How can you respect Ronda" face

Well, let's be fair. No amount of training will save Tate from the humiliation she's going to get in December. So she has all kinds of time to sit on Twitter.

Rousey, on the other hand, needs to be training for her next real fight against Zingano.

I don't necessarily agree.. Ronda can't do anything more to Tate than she did last time so I don't know why that would humiliate her...
but I strongly disagree with your signature- if Ronda is a one trick pony than the rest of WMMA has no ponies at all- is so dumb that it stands out amongst the vast ocean of dumb things written on Sherdog everyday- (the rest of WMMA would be no trick ponies) and the bit about girls loving ponies- that is the dumbest part

Last edited:
I meet her 10 months back and she was real nice to me (she was real chatty). I waved Caraway over (he had just finished a game of pool) and both of them had no problem talking to me and telling jokes

Why does Tate's face always looks like she just sucked on a lemon?

Well it should not be a surprise that Tate is a better coach than Rousey. Tate has more years experience in MMA and over twice as many fights. Rousey also made the mistake of picking the first fight on a personal level. She wanted Shayna to beat Pena to up set Tate. Rousey should have matched Shayna up with one of the less skilled and experienced fighters to get her into the next round and keep control of the fights.

Rousey is basically doing the opposite of what she does in the ring, she is letting her emotions and her hate for Tate get to her.

I don't even credit Baszler's loss to Ronda miscoaching her, because after all Shayna is a veteran.. what would Ronda teach her in a few days that would help her beat the less experienced fighter? I think it was purely Shayna's overconfidence. She thought she was the Roy Nelson of this season and almost seemed like she thought the show was all about her. She didn't appear to try and learn anything about Pena's background/strengths/gameplan; and she got choked out and embarassed for it

..and she got choked the fuck out.

Good call, you definitely sound like you have what it takes to train fighters. I bet bazler is looking and you guys would probably make a great team.

"Training? Nah it's in the bag! Go practice your victory dance and jump in the ice tub."

I don't even credit Baszler's loss to Ronda miscoaching her, because after all Shayna is a veteran.. what would Ronda teach her in a few days that would help her beat the less experienced fighter? I think it was purely Shayna's overconfidence. She thought she was the Roy Nelson of this season and almost seemed like she thought the show was all about her. She didn't appear to try and learn anything about Pena's background/strengths/gameplan; and she got choked out and embarassed for it

..and she got choked the fuck out.

Rhonda could have helped her come up with a game plan, and work on the plan. That was really the difference in the fight, really both fights so far this season.

TUF often shows fighters in a different light. Matt hughes was viewed as a great guy very humble and sportsman. Then after his TUF he was viewed as a poor sportsman by some.

Chael before TUF was viewed as a punk and instigator. After his TUF he was viewed in a better light.

Though I think both Ronda and Meisha are playing for the cameras.

That's why this "Ronda is losing me as a fan" stuff is so amusing. For all this talk about how well Tate is "coming off", most know the real story about Tate and her boyfriend, and aren't fooled by her b.s. So while Ronda might lose Tate's little PR battle temporarily it won't matter, won't matter an ounce, when Ronda beats her again. I get that Ronda can be an immature teenager, but at least she has the belt to back up all her trash talk. No one seems to give much thought to the idea that this Tate nobody not only lost her last fight by getting her face kneed in, but the very fighter whose skill she keeps ridiculing took her out in the first fucking round. She's getting this shot based almost completely on the idea that Ronda can't stand her. That's it. People can't give me that "she was the next on the list" crap because Kaufman was and still is ranked above Miesha.

Back