Will the real Miesha Tate please stand up?

I could care less if you see differently. The fact that you're changing what actually happened is very telling. You only see what you want to see and you minimize everything else, no matter how jarring and glaringly obvious it is. I don't see Ronda as an emotional wreck. I see her as a mean spirited person.

I just see an emotional girl in a situation where she has to spend time with a girl she hates and guy who she hates as well. She is being a little crazy but I wouldn't be the nicest person either.

That's not on Ronda and her coaches. That's on these fighter's previous experience. If Beal didn't know how to deal with a jab and not circle into the cross before TUF, he wasn't going to pick it up in a week or two.

I know that, but every time Shayna said that Julianna didn't deserve to be in the ring with her, Ronda should have brought her down a peg and told her to stop underestimating her opponent. She didn't say that until after Shayna lost.

Also, I only brought it up because of what apostle said earlier about Tate.

I was typing when you posted that. In your admission, however, you still minimized Meisha's time with the fighters. You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of, you're searching for any little thing to hate on yet you don't see it at all.

Yes I know, if you post comment after comment telling everyone your opinion of Ronda, its just your objective opinion. When someone responds to all of those comments with a differing opinion, they are white knights.

I know that, but every time Shayna said that Julianna didn't deserve to be in the ring with her, Ronda should have brought her down a peg and told her to stop underestimating her opponent. She didn't say that until after Shayna lost.

Also, I only brought it up because of what apostle said earlier about Tate.

You can't say that to a person you don't know. I know a couple fighters that need to hear they are unbeatable or else they lose confidence. You gotta go with the flow.

I just see an emotional girl in a situation where she has to spend time with a girl she hates and guy who she hates as well. She is being a little crazy but I wouldn't be the nicest person either.

I see that as well. But that concession isn't enough. You have to agree she's the anti-christ.

You can't say that to a person you don't know. I know a couple fighters that need to hear they are unbeatable or else they lose confidence. You gotta go with the flow.

Coaches talk like that all the time. Even during the actual fights. Its stupid the stuff they look for to criticize. Greg Jackson on Fight Masters couldn't stop yelling "you're better than him" over and over again.

Coaches talk like that all the time. Even during the actual fights. Its stupid the stuff they look for to criticize. Greg Jackson on Fight Masters couldn't stop yelling "you're better than him" over and over again.

Telling a fighter you're better than him and telling them not to underestimate their opponent are two very different things.

Well this thread turned sideways in a hurry...lol.

I see that as well. But that concession isn't enough. You have to agree she's the anti-christ.

That's the first time I've seen anything like that come from you, and that's good enough for me. I also think Tate is being a bit fake, in the sense that she's trying to act above everything, in order to let Ronda make herself look bad.

But please, let's not talk about ad hominems when you're very guilty of that as well in several threads here.

Telling a fighter you're better than him and telling them not to underestimate their opponent are two very different things.

And I agree. For the fiftieth time, I already stated that it was handled bad. I already stated that there were legitimate criticisms. Of course we don't know that Ronda didn't tell Shayna not to underestimate anyone, but those 2 minute clips of coach speak are enough to make judgments I guess. Keep throwing rocks bro.

In hindsight, I don't think you are wrong.

At the time, I was annoyed with Shanya (sp?) but I didn't see a problem with Ronda going along with Shanya's talk. All the fighter's on TUF talk about how great they are and what they are going to do to their opponent. Shanya took it to far.

I don't really think you can blame Ronda though for not putting her in her place (at the time). She didnt really know her well yet (it was the first fight) and assumed, with Shany's experience in MMA, that she knew what she was doing.

That's the first time I've seen anything like that come from you, and that's good enough for me. I also think Tate is being a bit fake, in the sense that she's trying to act above everything, in order to let Ronda make herself look bad.

But please, let's not talk about ad hominems when you're very guilty of that as well in several threads here.

WHOA! Was there just a peace treaty formed in Shedog?!?! That's a first.

I am proud of both you guys haha!

Even if they don't consistently show a coach sparring, doesn't necessarily
mean they aren't involved. That's just a style thing. Some coaches think
they teach best when they can stand back and watch and direct, others
want to be in there working.

Jones generally demonstrated and then stood back, Sonnen wanted to
do the workouts so he'd know how his guys were feeling. I'm more
sympathetic to the latter approach, but ultimately it depends how the
coach's brain is wired - their style doesn't tell you how much they care.

In hindsight, I don't think you are wrong.

At the time, I was annoyed with Shanya (sp?) but I didn't see a problem with Ronda going along with Shanya's talk. All the fighter's on TUF talk about how great they are and what they are going to do to their opponent. Shanya took it to far.

I don't really think you can blame Ronda though for not putting her in her place (at the time). She didnt really know her well yet (it was the first fight) and assumed, with Shany's experience in MMA, that she knew what she was doing.

Its 95% on Shayna (the loss), even is RR did tell her not to take Pena lightly (which I doubt), I doubt she would listen

What you see is what the producers want you to see, don't forget it's their story line they are weaving for the fans of TUF

Add in the fact that Tate did not know she was coaching until a day prior as well.
RR had time to come up with gameplans & structure
Also Tate has experts teaching different things & why not let them do the job if they know better
Not every good fighter can be a good coach

Agreed.

Also, I think Ronda is the better fighter but Miesha understands MMA as a whole a lot better. You can tell in the pre-fight talks. Miesha seems pretty intelligent in overall MMA.

Back