Will the "Ellen" interview hurt or help Ronda Rousey?

She acted like she really is which is rude and hard and people stopped liking her so shes gonna try the sad pitiful bit and see if she gets some fans back. Most people know how she really is tho but the world is full of gullible people.

Casuals: "Oh my gawd, poor Ronda!!!! Why did that evil girl Holly hurt her? What is wrong with Holly? What a monster. Be strong Ronda, you are the best thing since sliced bread"

Hard core fans: "Can't wait to see Holly do it again"

Ronda: "Everyone has losses in their life but I choose to remain undefeated" to loud applause give me a break.

Last edited:
this whole thing showed that she's the ultimate front-runner. when things are going great, she can act how she really wants, which is cocky and better than everyone. when things are going bad, she wants sympathy and then cries for it.

Is your girlfriend a mental health professional?

no she isn't. but she's in a profession in which she deals with a lot of different people. and in some cases, some of those people have been showing signs of mental instability and counseling has helped.

The Ellen crowd sure eats it up and Ellen is important. Worked at a news station a year ago and our 5 o'clock show was faster pace then other news shows because they wanted that Ellen crowd.

It'll only help her out because of how gullible people are.

I think it was good. Shows some vunerability and that she is a normal person with problems... Took some courage to admit that on national TV.

So the only evidence to support your belief that she will win the rematch (after at least a year away shooting horrible, horrible straight-to-DVD movies) is that she cried on an irrelevant talk show. Interesting.

Its hurting Sherdog. Too many threads about Ellen in fight discussion today. I repeat, threads about ELLEN.

no she isn't. but she's in a profession in which she deals with a lot of different people. and in some cases, some of those people have been showing signs of mental instability and counseling has helped.

That's true of essentially all professions where a person interacts with other people

A millionaire actress Olympian MMA champion superstar doesn't need your pity
Yeah she needs Travis Browne's babies to live apparently. That interview was very disturbing and I hope she gets her shit together before she actually has kids or gets into the ring. I'm not into overly bashing the girl but I honestly feel she is batshit crazy or just plain full of shit.

I don't think the Ellen interview is going to change anyone's mind about her; although it will give her more exposure to the 'daytime tv mum/dad' crowds.

no sympathy for ronda. she bought it upon herself with her trash talk. that's the price she's paying. next time, she'll learn and carry herself in a more humble way.

The suicide comment is overblown. Who hasnt had something shitty happen and thought for a second "maybe I should just end it."

I think it's a damage control, saying that she contemplated suicide because she lost to Holly shows that she's mentally weak. Anyways she still doesn't have a chance against Holm if she sticks with Edmond.

It will keep her mainstream fans happy, but her fighting fans should be worried. This interview, at least from a fighter's perspective, showed all kinds of weaknesses. All of us breakdown at some point in our lives, but I don't want to do it in public where my enemies can see. All that crap you talked all of these years, all for not. That invincible armor she once had...gone.

I can see Holly at the pre-fight presser look at Ronda and say...
v0sovb8lFr4OY.gif

World Star has the video up, you should see the comments there. haha

It probably helps her overall. It hurts her with the hardcores ofc, but helps her with the casuals and other communities that she's crossed over to. And she already said she doesn't plan on fighting long anyway, so her standing with the hardcore MMA fanbase won't matter in the long run.

Back