Will the "Ellen" interview hurt or help Ronda Rousey?

It'll help her for sure. I'm not 100% sure I buy all the drama, but it's gonna endear her to some people, and that's she can use all the help she can get when it comes to that.

Help to casuals, hurt her for anyone who actually watches the sport.

It shows how mentally weak she is. she literally has 0 chance in a rematch. Holly broke her completely.

in the interview she LITERALLY says that she still thinks she's undefeated. she's so fucking delusional. she deserves all of this

No, it was a metaphor as in her "spirit" has not been defeated. Hardly literal.

Lol at the excuses. I was tired. I was out on my feet after the first exchange. I was unaware of space.

After the next loss I hope she leaves mma

I honestly feel bad for her that the loss IMMEDIATELY made her think of suicide. She has a much too fragile psyche to. I think holly will smash her again

Help to casuals, hurt her for anyone who actually watches the sport.

The casuals do watch the sport. I don't know whether the interview helped or hurt Ronda Rousey, but it sure helped the UFC. The UFC has a core audience of about 100,000 PPV buyers who will buy any fight they put on TV. Everything above that is a product of promotion, promotion, promotion. Dos Anjos (who we can all agree is a great fighter) vs anybody but Conor McGregor gets 100k buys. Dos Anjos vs McGregor gets 10 times that. That's the casuals.

With that interview, Ronda Rousey just began the work of giving the UFC another license-to-print-money PPV. Every great selling fight is sold on some sort of emotional drama. Usually it's a couple guys that hate each other and want to kill each other, but it doesn't have to be that. That wolf tickets approach doesn't work with Holly Holm, so Ronda Rousey's road to redemption from rock bottom is how this will be sold.

The bookies took note of that display of a broken mental state and the betting lines will be adjusted accordingly

She was on fucking Ellen, what do you think?

images

That's not a public reaction. That's an attempt at some semblance of privacy because she didn't want to offer a public reaction.

That's not a public reaction. That's an attempt at some semblance of privacy because she didn't want to offer a public reaction.
It's public and it's a reaction to being repeatedly punched in the face, so yes.

help.

she's even more relateable to other weirdo girls like her.

so much cringe in that interview. i feel bad for her.

A millionaire actress Olympian MMA champion superstar doesn't need your pity

Bad people get what's coming to them in life.

Only people with a warped perspective of reality would think it's weird for people to criticize her.

You are the one with a warped sense of reality if you think people get what they deserve. If they did, why do babies die? The universe doesn't give a fuck about your idea of justice

Help with who? Her perception in the general public, or here on Sherdog. Here on Sherdog you could post a picture of her pulling a child from a burning vehicle and 90% of the responses would be "Fat Cow saves child from burning car."

I don't think Ronda can do anything at this point to please Sherbros.

Both, depending on your demographic. It'll help her with one crowd and hurt her with the other.

Both will be buying the rematch PPV IF she does come back for a rematch. 1.5 million here we come.

My gf who loves Ronda, and almost cried when she lost, told me that she thinks ronda needs counseling.

It's a reaction to the camera around her. Her reaction to the punches occurred in the cage.
She covered her face in shame, man. That's one of her reactions to losing that were shameful. The last one was today, crying on national TV about when she was so sad that she lost that she contemplated suicide. We do know how she reacted to losing and we know she is a bad loser. Uniquely bad. So bad she wants to kill herself when she loses.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/videos/video-ronda-rousey-discusses-loss-to-holly-holm-on-ellen/

Here it is. She opened up about the sadness of defeat and isn't trying to play hard anymore. Ronda is human and not only that, but a woman. A woman who wants to be a mother, make people proud, have people respect and appreciate her and is emotional like any female is. This interview changed my perception on Ronda and humanized more than I thought was ever possible. I like her moving forward and think she'll win the rematch with Holly when and if it happens.

Let's be real. Ronda once admitted to wanting to cry while watching the movie Kick-Ass. Her being emotional isn't exactly a revelation.

Back