Will the "Ellen" interview hurt or help Ronda Rousey?

Highlight for me was when ronda says she wants holm to beat tate - 100000% bs

Playing the 'I wanted to kill myself' line for sympathy/popularity/#omgsheissistrong is very low IMO.

Everyone has failures and losses, she just needs to cope with it the same way a normal person does, instead of being so special.

This is what I'm talking about with Sherdog posters being ridiculous. Did you forget the context that she was in when she felt like killing herself?

She said she felt like killing herself post-concussion in the medical room/ hospital right after the loss.. not that she really felt like killing herself.

I have a strong dislike for Rousey and now I am definitely less of a fan after the Ellen interview.

I don't think the Ellen interview is going to change anyone's mind about her; although it will give her more exposure to the 'daytime tv mum/dad' crowds.

Fat Middle Aged women love Ronda Rousey.

image034.jpg

This is what I'm talking about with Sherdog posters being ridiculous. Did you forget the context that she was in when she felt like killing herself?

She said she felt like killing herself post-concussion in the medical room/ hospital right after the loss.. not that she really felt like killing herself.
I am sure she mentioned that for no reason then.

It will hurt. MMA fans will see her as weak and not forget her bullying past. Some casual fans will feel bad for her but she's no longer the role model they thought she was. Saying that her key to staying alive was to have Travis' kids is pretty pathetic really. It makes her look weak.

It will hurt. MMA fans will see her as weak and not forget her bullying past. Some casual fans will feel bad for her but she's no longer the role model they thought she was. Saying that her key to staying alive was to have Travis' kids is pretty pathetic really. It makes her look weak.
God forbid anyone shows weakness :confused:

Olympic medalist. World champion. Best title run in WMMA history. The bedrock on which the UFC's women's divisions were founded. Pretty great accomplishments.

She didn't really offer a public reaction after the fight, and I don't know her well enough to see how she handled it behind closed doors. Sounds like it took an emotional toll on her. No shame in that.

She hid behind a pillow in her first appearance in public. It's pretty obvious how poorly she handled it.

God forbid anyone shows weakness :O
Ronda doesn't seem like the cold and calculating type. Manipulative, maybe. But not cold and calculating. So, I think you can take what she says at face-value.

If being honest, I listened intently and came away hearing nothing that made me think this was the self-reflecting and life-altering experience I would have expected. She came back with the "not to make excuses" line after she'd already thoroughly laid them out. I've never really cared when fighters do that, just pointing it out. She showed no significant respect for the opponent that bettered her...if you listen closely. I'm sure she was thoroughly devastated by her first loss in MMA, but I'm surprised by the level effect she says it had on her. Losing a fight was not going to diminish what she had done before. With everything she's touted to the public about being strong in all aspects of life and not letting others define your boundaries, I surprised to hear her say that title was her identity and she possessed nothing more that made her who she is.

This is just my perception from the couple listens I made, but I walk away from it with my perception not moving in a positive direction, as much as I would have hoped for it to. In fact, it probably moved slightly toward the negative. I'm sure that I'll be flamed by some as hater for giving my honest opinion, but I can live with that.

Holy shit look at this.

"I don't like the way she dresses, she should dress like she lost her mother and going to a funeral"

You weirdos really don't have anything more to hate. Take your bike and your double yellows and throw yourself in front of a truck for the sake of humanity.
lol

Whats wrong with that dude. He's always talking about prison, his bike, and how he would fuck people up.

On topic: I don't know that going on the Ellen show was the best move, I mean why did she even do it?

lol

Whats wrong with that dude. He's always talking about prison, his bike, and how he would fuck people up.

On topic: I don't know that going on the Ellen show was the best move, I mean why did she even do it?
You should talk to him about the chicken strips he has on his bike. He will rage like a 15 year old.

If being honest, I listened intently and came aware hearing nothing that made me think this was the self-reflecting and life-altering experience I would have expected. She came back with the "not to make excuses" line after she'd already thoroughly laid them out. I've never really cared when fighters do that, just pointing it out. She showed no significant respect for the opponent that bettered her...if you listen closely. I'm sure she was thoroughly devastated by her first loss in MMA, but I'm surprised by the level effect she says it had on her. Losing a fight was not going to diminish what she had done before. With everything she's touted to the public about being strong in all aspects of life and not letting others define your boundaries, I surprised to hear her say that title was her identity and she possessed nothing more that made her who she is.

This is just my perception from the couple listens I made, but I walk away from it with my perception not moving in a positive direction, as much as I would have hoped for it to. In fact, it probably moved slightly toward the negative. I'm sure that I'll be flamed by some as hater for giving my honest opinion, but I can live with that.
Of course she hasn't acknowledged Holly beating her - she made some snide joke on SNL because her hand was forced, but apart from that has not mentioned it.

I've never seen anyone act like such a sook about losing.

And as for the "Im unbeaten" bullshit, well ok then.

Couldn't stand Ronda before the KO, still don't like her. She has zero humility, and her undefeated comment was just stupid. The sooner she leaves MMA the better. So many other female athletes that are much better role models. I think the Die hard RR fans will stay loyal, but she isn't showing anything new that convinces me that she cares about anything other than herself.

For sherdog there is no going back she is worse than the devil herself

For mainstream America and general sports fans this was a good interview that will help to continue to build her brand. People love hearing stories of celebrities lowest moments and how they climbed out of them. It makes her more relatable and more popular.

You can hate that all you wish, but that is reality of the fame game

i havent read her book, but my training partner has and she said to me before the holly fight that if ronda lost she could go on a meltdown. apparently in the book she talks about her judo losses as if the world was ending and struggling to cope with them............i guess this was always going to happen. she's a fucked up individual.

Her sadness makes me happy. Does that make me a bad person? I liked Miesha a lot, she was a good sport even after losing twice to a girl she doesn't like. Ronda continued to talk shit even after the second win against Miesha, shows how arrogant, pathetic she is as a person. She needed to be humbled.

Back