Economy Will people be able to survive

The return on farmland rentals isn't great on average, and it still carries political risk. At least you can put your gold in a bag and hide it. As soon as the rulers want to pay off a supporter with your land, it is gone. The US government can use the EPA and other agencies to sieze land as it is.

I think total stock market index investing is the best tool specifically because it is the preferred wealth building tool of the elite. It ties your fate to their fate.

I wasn’t talking about rentals. Land ownership. And we’re not building the trans con railroad anymore. And even in the face of imminent domain there are still holdouts. Come on

I wasn’t talking about rentals. Land ownership. And we’re not building the trans con railroad anymore. And even in the face of imminent domain there are still holdouts. Come on

Right. Land ownership as superior for cashflow and inflation hedging vs. gold, cash, crypto, stocks, bonds, art, wine, or collectables. Unless you are going to physically work the land, the only value it has is what it can be rented for, or sold for later, but whatever it can be sold for later is worth way, way less than what it can be rented for until sold. If the land you're buying is just some grass and rocks no one can farm, and no one wants to live on anyway, why would it be worth something later?

Right. Land ownership as superior for cashflow and inflation hedging vs. gold, cash, crypto, stocks, bonds, art, wine, or collectables. Unless you are going to physically work the land, the only value it has is what it can be rented for, or sold for later, but whatever it can be sold for later is worth way, way less than what it can be rented for until sold. If the land you're buying is just some grass and rocks no one can farm, and no one wants to live on anyway, why would it be worth something later?

Because there isn’t anymore land to be discovered. We’ve found it all. Land will always grow in value

Because there isn’t anymore land to be discovered. We’ve found it all. Land will always grow in value

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it looks like the inflation adjusted value of land hasn't even tripled from 1972 to 2020: https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/charts/55910/farmrealestatevalue2020_d.html?v=6334

The Total US Stock Market including the worst of small cap growth junk stocks dragging it down increased an inflation adjusted 20 fold over the same period.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it looks like the inflation adjusted value of land hasn't even tripled from 1972 to 2020: https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/charts/55910/farmrealestatevalue2020_d.html?v=6334

The Total US Stock Market including the worst of small cap growth junk stocks dragging it down increased an inflation adjusted 20 fold over the same period.

AND even if the stock market dropped by half, and then only increased at the historical rate of farmland forever after, people who invested in 1970 would still have three times as much money.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

Weird cause here it says it’s declining. So either you’re lying on purpose or just making shit up cause you’re ignorant.

see:

CA6-D3487-FDEB-4-D3-F-BB98-3-DA647-BF0-C29.jpg

this is really how “fact checkers” argue

If the stock market goes to zero, there is no chance the new government respects your land rights if they don't serve the state.

So currency is ethereal and you have to fight over land. That pretty well makes my point

So currency is ethereal and you have to fight over land. That pretty well makes my point

When the stock market goes to zero and people stop respecting your investment properties, you'll no more be able to fight over land then, than you can now.

When the stock market goes to zero and people stop respecting your investment properties, you'll no more be able to fight over land then, than you can now.

The economy and the gold backed dollar can collapse, but people still have land.

The economy and the gold backed dollar can collapse, but people still have land.
Not if they cant pay the taxes on it.

<Y2JSmirk>

The U.S. dollar may collapse or it may just continue to lose purchasing power. Over the past 100 years the dollar has lost over 90% of it's value. Here is a decent article explaining it. There are many reasons current and past. Current reasons people have talked about on here are Covid and the war in Ukraine. Through the ups and downs of the inflation rate, inflation continues to destroy the purchasing power of the dollar. In 1944 when gold was fixed at 35 dollar per ounce if one person saved 35 dollars and the other one ounce of gold today the ounce of gold is almost 1800 dollars and 35 dollars can buy you a meal in a mediocre restaurant if you don't drink, don't order an appetizer and don't have dessert. The 1800 dollars gets you a dinner for 4 at a nice restaurant with drinks and a nice Bordeaux.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/purchasing-power-of-the-u-s-dollar-over-time/
Yes, but hopefully nobody thought it was a good idea to hold 35 dollars since 1944. The dollar keeps losing value but people keep getting richer, on average. You would have a lot more money by putting these 35 dollars at any decent stock than buying a piece of rock.

People just don't want to give Biden credit for fixing the shit Trump messed up. But, but he fell off a bike!
Yeah that’s what I figured. I also have a theory for why they want to put all types of shit on Biden, it’s because they subconsciously know Trump is a horrible human being but their cognitive dissonance won’t allow them to feel that so they make Biden an even more despicable human being

Yeah that’s what I figured. I also have a theory for why they want to put all types of shit on Biden, it’s because they subconsciously know Trump is a horrible human being but their cognitive dissonance won’t allow them to feel that so they make Biden an even more despicable human being

They did that with Clinton, too. Before we know who the individual candidates will be, we know that the Democratic one has to be a worse, more evil person than the Republican one. So if the GOP nominates someone like Trump, the Democratic candidate has to be presumed to be an absolute monster. If Republicans nominated a decent, honest, respectable human, they could maybe admit that the Democratic candidate is just kind of bad.

Look at this:

You don't have to vote for the guy or like his policies, but I think we should all be able to admit he's a good man.

Can I assume that your reluctance here means you realize that it's coming down a lot?
Sorry just didn’t get a chance to respond. I believe we’re on the same page? I’d bet, in the same fashion as previously, that we’d average more than 6% per month over the next 12 months. I think I said 6 previously but if that’s not to your liking Just let me know.

Sorry just didn’t get a chance to respond. I believe we’re on the same page? I’d bet, in the same fashion as previously, that we’d average more than 6% per month over the next 12 months. I think I said 6 previously but if that’s not to your liking Just let me know.

The offer was 6% over the next 12M, which would could take by an average of July, August, and Sept. YOY. Note that we had 8.5% over the last 12M so even with another month of 0, we'd still have >6% readings. If you think it'll be below 6% YOY by that time, you can make a counter offer, but that's a better form for the bet.

Back