Economy Will people be able to survive

Eric Silva 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In the U.S. without gold and bitcoin in the near future? Inflation is getting worse here and in the world. The U.S. is 30 trillion in debt and the unfunded liabilities are over 100 trillion dollars. Obviously this won't get paid back without higher inflation. As the currency gets even worse, what will happen to people who save their money in fiat currency (dollars, euros , yen etc.) and get crippled by the higher inflation? (think Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Turkey etc...)

In the U.S. without gold and bitcoin in the near future? Inflation is getting worse here and in the world. The U.S. is 30 trillion in debt and the unfunded liabilities are over 100 trillion dollars. Obviously this won't get paid back without higher inflation. As the currency gets even worse, what will happen to people who save their money in fiat currency (dollars, euros , yen etc.) and get crippled by the higher inflation? (think Venezuela, Argentina, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Turkey etc...)
Why would you need gold and bitcoin to survive. Bitcoin is worthless. Debt is not an issue; we have had it for years. Inflation is the issue. We have Biden and the democrats to thank for their 'brilliant' planning and stupid policies. A lesson in how to do everything economically wrong for your country. It was nothing like this under 4 years of Trump. Those with less than 100K invested will definitely feel the pain. The US will never reach the level of Venezuela, Zimbabwe, and other 3rd world countries. I'm hoping the mid-term elections will improve things through some policy change. 2024 can't get here fast enough. None of this will impact folks making over $100,000 a year.

Inflation is going down in the us?

Inflation is going down in the us?
No, it's getting worse. Interest rates are rising so everything is slowing down temporarily but inflation is a big problem and it isn't going away. It doesn't get better from here and savers, retirees and working people will be getting slaughtered because of it.

No, it's getting worse. Interest rates are rising so everything is slowing down temporarily but inflation is a big problem and it isn't going away. It doesn't get better from here and savers, retirees and working people will be getting slaughtered because of it.
https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

Weird cause here it says it’s declining. So either you’re lying on purpose or just making shit up cause you’re ignorant.

It got declined because of a one month because Biden said so...If the liberals keep pushing these changes to the economy its going to get a lot worse.
Idc what the reason is, it’s declining. And TS is saying it’s getting worse. Right now there is now evidence of it being worse. Since it’s been declining since last month. Maybe TS can look in the future but I doubt it.

So either TS is a disingenuous liar or he’s just a bit dumb.

Well the graphs is called INFLATION RATE

So even though if I don’t know the definition of inflation I can still read a graph and it says it’s been declining. I’ll take this as your concession.
"So even though if I don't know the definition of inflation, I can still read a graph"
I'm glad you conceded my point since that part is obvious. Did you take a look at the 3 year chart? To address your point (which doesn't address mine), yes the inflation rate you are talking about has gone down a bit over the past few months. Without understanding inflation, this is meaningless. I'm a precious metals investor for over 20 years. There is a reason gold has gone from 300 dollars to 1800 dollars in that time. Silver was at 4.50 and now it's over 20 dollars (and very cheap IMO). I think it's important to understand inflation so the communication can be productive.

"So even though if I don't know the definition of inflation, I can still read a graph"
I'm glad you conceded my point since that part is obvious. Did you take a look at the 3 year chart? To address your point (which doesn't address mine), yes the inflation rate you are talking about has gone down a bit over the past few months. Without understanding inflation, this is meaningless. I'm a precious metals investor for over 20 years. There is a reason gold has gone from 300 dollars to 1800 dollars in that time. Silver was at 4.50 and now it's over 20 dollars (and very cheap IMO). I think it's important to understand inflation so the communication can be productive.
I know what inflation is, I was just saying it’s not important to this point, because it’s a graph and all you need to know is how to read a graph.

You’re just trying to create a certain narrative by saying inflation is getting worse, which is just not true because it’s actually declining.

I know what inflation is, I was just saying it’s not important to this point, because it’s a graph and all you need to know is how to read a graph.

You’re just trying to create a certain narrative by saying inflation is getting worse, which is just not true because it’s actually declining.
Your graph doesn't address my point. If the inflation rate they are following is slowing down for a few months it doesn't change the fact that inflation is getting worse. Some signs that inflation is getting worse would be shortages and higher prices for staples like food, shelter and energy (energy is the trickiest). A longer time frame would be better to understand the problem. If you showed me your graph for the last 50 years then we could have a little conversation. It might go something like this. We are looking at a 50 year graph of inflation rate (something I don't believe in) and I might ask you how much has orange juice gone up in price over 50 years. You can look that up but what you might not find is that 50 years ago people drank fresh squeezed orange juice and today people are drinking some type of 'Corporate Orange Juice'. Over time those graphs you are quoting are doing tricks like that with the basket of goods they are measuring. I bring up orange juice because I only drink fresh squeezed juice and not the stuff you buy in stores. It's hard to find in stores because most people won't spend 30-40 dollars for a quart of orange juice. My question is how does your graph measure the decline in quality of goods and services due to inflation?

Your graph doesn't address my point. If the inflation rate they are following is slowing down for a few months it doesn't change the fact that inflation is getting worse. Some signs that inflation is getting worse would be shortages and higher prices for staples like food, shelter and energy (energy is the trickiest). A longer time frame would be better to understand the problem. If you showed me your graph for the last 50 years then we could have a little conversation. It might go something like this. We are looking at a 50 year graph of inflation rate (something I don't believe in) and I might ask you how much has orange juice gone up in price over 50 years. You can look that up but what you might not find is that 50 years ago people drank fresh squeezed orange juice and today people are drinking some type of 'Corporate Orange Juice'. Over time those graphs you are quoting are doing tricks like that with the basket of goods they are measuring. I bring up orange juice because I only drink fresh squeezed juice and not the stuff you buy in stores. It's hard to find in stores because most people won't spend 30-40 dollars for a quart of orange juice. My question is how does your graph measure the decline in quality of goods and services due to inflation?
You just keep moving the goal post. You said inflation is getting worse (which in itself is already a subjective thing to say) but it is declining. You can move the goal post as far away you want (like 50 years lol), fact is you tried to create a narrative which is false. With the data at hand inflation is declining, so unless you can look in the future, there is no way you know for sure it’s getting worse.

Back