Will Nick be stopped for the third time in his career

Nick is a tough guy no doubt, but so is Penn and I think Nick end's up in the same situation Penn did. Nick will not be able to stop the take down and there is no incentive for GSP to stand. So I see him staying on top of Nick and pounding on him the same way he did Penn.

That's plausible, but I feel like Nick is far more dangerous on the ground than BJ is, and I think Georges recognizes this, which could result in him being far more conservative with his GnP attacks.

Out of GSP's last few fights, compared to Diaz I felt that he might be one of the harder ones to stop. However, it can still happen

the guy who finishes no one is going to finish the guy who hardly ever gets finished.

yeah...i see it happening, too.

:rolleyes:

the guy who finishes no one is going to finish the guy who hardly ever gets finished.

yeah...i see it happening, too.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the guy who finishes no one like BJ Penn, who's only been stopped twice in his career both by future hall of famers. Then there is Sean Sherk who has only been stopped twice in his career. And let's not forget Matt Serra who has also only been stopped twice.

Last edited:
Honestly I think it'd be fucking hilarious if GSP, the guy who supposedly has never finished a fight in his life according to most, knocked out or even better, made Diaz tap out. Who here growing up didn't enjoy seeing the loudest douchebag who could actually fight get his face knocked the fuck backwards? I know I did, and Diaz is that douchebag.

And what is up with the cats thinking Greg Jackson fighters only coast to decisions? Is Jon Jones some kind of invisible man? Have you ever heard of Donald Cerrone?

Yeah, the guy who finishes no one like BJ Penn, who's only been stopped twice in his career both by future hall of famers.

I think Nick hurt BJ more in 3 rounds than GSP did in 4.

UFC-137-BJ-Penn-After-Fight.jpg

bjpenn_display_image.jpg

Georges beat him down for sure, but Nick did more damage in my opinion.

Diaz can take a beating. I think this may be like the Kos fight only worse. It should be stopped, but it won't be stopped, and Diaz may suffer a career ending eye injury.

If Karo couldn't sub GSP I don't see Nick doing it. He's just too strong. But I agree that it is Nick's only way of potentially winning the fight.

Diaz has enough power to Hurt GSP standing IMO

We are going to have another Nashville brawl if Diaz gets stopped because of cuts.

Doubt Diaz will be finished, but I see his face looking like bloody hamburger when its time to announce the GSP UD Win....immediately followed by some of the more ignorant Diaz fans making "GSP is a point fighter!" threads when they get done crying.

Yeah, the guy who finishes no one like BJ Penn, who's only been stopped twice in his career both by future hall of famers. Then there is Sean Sherk who has only been stopped twice in his career. And let's not forget Matt Serra who has also only been stopped twice.

Both BJ and Serra are undersized at WW. With that out of the way, GSP stopped BJ in the 4th round. I suspect that both Rory and Nick would have stopped BJ had their fights gone past 3 rounds.

Nick is a tough guy no doubt, but so is Penn and I think Nick end's up in the same situation Penn did. Nick will not be able to stop the take down and there is no incentive for GSP to stand. So I see him staying on top of Nick and pounding on him the same way he did Penn.

Nah Nick has more heart and A much larger gas tank , Penn got so tired he couldn't defend himself and took a beating plus he seemed to have trouble controlling GSP posture on the ground for some reason:icon_chee

Most people seem to think Diaz still has a big problem with cuts for some reason, when he hasn't cut worse or more easily than any other fighter since the first Noons fight. After that, he got surgery to shave down the bones above his eyebrows and remove scar tissue. It hasn't been an issue since then. His defense on the ground is also excellent and people are going to be surprised when GSP can't pass his guard or get any significant GnP going.

If Karo couldn't sub GSP I don't see Nick doing it. He's just too strong. But I agree that it is Nick's only way of potentially winning the fight.

I don't think either of those will happen just saying that is the only reasonable prediction if this fight is going to have a stoppage in it.

GSP the best finisher in the Lightweight division

Most people seem to think Diaz still has a big problem with cuts for some reason, when he hasn't cut worse or more easily than any other fighter since the first Noons fight. After that, he got surgery to shave down the bones above his eyebrows and remove scar tissue. It hasn't been an issue since then. His defense on the ground is also excellent and people are going to be surprised when GSP can't pass his guard or get any significant GnP going.

He got some scar tissue opened up pretty easily against BJ and Carlos.
I don't think it's a "Problem", i just think his skin has a lot of wear and tear on it and that would be the only vulnerable position for someone to exploit.

Back