Will Nick be stopped for the third time in his career

brian12

Brown Belt
Reaction score
GSP's hand speed and foot speed will be too much for Nick in the stand up. Think GSP vs Fitch. And on the ground I think GSP will pound Nick's head through the canvas the same way he did Penn. There is a reason GSP asked for this match up. How does Nick make it out of this fight?

By cuts, possibly, other than that, i don't think so.
He's a tough son of a bitch, no one on earth can deny that.

No. Diaz is ridiculously tough and GSP hasn't truly finished a guy in almost 5 years.

Probably not, but maybe we'll get lucky

Let's see.

One of the hardest dude to finish at 170 against another who struggle to finish people lately.

This!!

But if GSP is legitimately pissed for this fight and is more aggressive then usual, I could see him going full pre Serra 1 beast mode on Diaz and anything can happen from that.

Look what GSP did to Sherk? and to this day Him and B.J are the only 2 guys to stop Sherk

No, only chance of a stoppage in that fight is nick locking a sub or getting the unlikely tko

I agree.

I dont see Diaz winning this. He's good at moving forward and throwing punches in combinations to overwhelm people, but he doesn't have the movement, nor the striking arsenal of GSP. Diaz is a really dangerous on the ground but GSP is good enough there to nullify him.

When he stops jabbing constantly maybe

No. Diaz is ridiculously tough and GSP hasn't truly finished a guy in almost 5 years.

I knew someone would call me on that, but if you've noticed whenever someone has talked shit about GSP and pissed him off he's stopped them. When he has something to prove like in the second Serra fight he has finished his opponent. I think GSP lets people coast through fights with him the same way Roy Jones did unless they do or say something to piss him off. Hell, the second Koscheck fight should have been stopped but Koscheck refused to quit and nearly lost his career over it.

I don't know about being stopped but im fairly sure he will be beat.

Diaz has nothing but a big mouth and good cardio so he can keep the shit talking going. Hes better off getting finished, If not he will be pounded for five rounds.

No, only chance of a stoppage in that fight is nick locking a sub or getting the unlikely tko

If Karo couldn't sub GSP I don't see Nick doing it. He's just too strong. But I agree that it is Nick's only way of potentially winning the fight.

I knew someone would call me on that, but if you've noticed whenever someone has talked shit about GSP and pissed him off he's stopped them. When he has something to prove like in the second Serra fight he has finished his opponents. I think GSP lets people coast through fights with him the same way Roy Jones did unless they do or say something to piss him off. Hell, the second Koscheck fight should have been stopped but Koscheck refused to quit and nearly lost his career over it.

That may be true for some fights, but you think GSP was "coasting" in the Hardy fight when he tried to tear his arm off with the armbar and kimura?

11bt5j9_jpg.gif

GSPpass14.png

He clearly has tried to finish guys (case in point, the Hardy fight) since the Serra fight, but has failed to do so. I think Nick can survive whatever GSP has to throw at him, no matter how much GSP has "something to prove".

keep dreaming.

GSP is not a finisher, and Nick is tough as hell, I realllllllllllllly doubt it

gsp = greg jackson figher = would rather coast to decision win than risk over exerting himself and risk leaving an opening = nick diaz not getting finished (unless he gets cut)

That may be true for some fights, but you think GSP was "coasting" in the Hardy fight when he tried to tear his arm off with the armbar and kimura?

11bt5j9_jpg.gif

GSPpass14.png

He clearly has tried to finish guys (case in point, the Hardy fight) since the Serra fight, but has failed to do so. I think Nick can survive whatever GSP has to throw at him, no matter how much GSP has "something to prove".

Nick is a tough guy no doubt, but so is Penn and I think Nick end's up in the same situation Penn did. Nick will not be able to stop the take down and there is no incentive for GSP to stand. So I see him staying on top of Nick and pounding on him the same way he did Penn.

GSP's hand speed and foot speed will be too much for Nick in the stand up. Think GSP vs Fitch. And on the ground I think GSP will pound Nick's head through the canvas the same way he did Penn. There is a reason GSP asked for this match up. How does Nick make it out of this fight?

Nick is a tough guy, but GSP is a stoppage machine so... probably not. I expect Nick is harder to stop than Dan Hardy.

Back