Will Nick be stopped for the third time in his career

This fight will look very similar to Nate vs. Henderson

Yeah, the guy who finishes no one like BJ Penn, who's only been stopped twice in his career both by future hall of famers. Then there is Sean Sherk who has only been stopped twice in his career. And let's not forget Matt Serra who has also only been stopped twice.

allow me to welcome you to 2013.

By cuts, possibly, other than that, i don't think so.
He's a tough son of a bitch, no one on earth can deny that.

I thought this too, but there's always a remote possibility that the GSP from some years back will re-emerge and shock the world. What I mean is that GSP definitely could finish Nick. GSP could also have finished Hardy, Condit, Shields and Fitch. It's all down to how safe he fights, and how good Nick is on the night.

Most people seem to think Diaz still has a big problem with cuts for some reason, when he hasn't cut worse or more easily than any other fighter since the first Noons fight. After that, he got surgery to shave down the bones above his eyebrows and remove scar tissue. It hasn't been an issue since then. His defense on the ground is also excellent and people are going to be surprised when GSP can't pass his guard or get any significant GnP going.

I hope your right

I think Nick hurt BJ more in 3 rounds than GSP did in 4.

UFC-137-BJ-Penn-After-Fight.jpg

bjpenn_display_image.jpg

Georges beat him down for sure, but Nick did more damage in my opinion.

I agree 100 percent

GSP's hand speed and foot speed will be too much for Nick in the stand up. Think GSP vs Fitch. And on the ground I think GSP will pound Nick's head through the canvas the same way he did Penn. There is a reason GSP asked for this match up. How does Nick make it out of this fight?

First, suggesting that GSP-Fitch is in anyway relevant to GSP-Diaz, in terms of standup, is ridiculous, IMHO. Diaz is well ahead of Fitch in both footwork and boxing.

Second, Diaz has fought (and beaten) guys like Daley and Noons, who arguably have *at least* comparable boxing and hand speed to GSP (I would suggest they are both better/faster in pure standup).

As for what happened to BJ when he fought GSP, I fail to see how that is relevant to Diaz at all. They are two very different fighters, and BJ has no business fighting at WW anymore. Diaz also beat up Penn, so doesn't that at least suggest that GSP won't tool him the same way? If you at all buy into the greasegate thing that Penn alleged, that will also not happen, given the changes implemented for cornermen.

I'm certainly not saying Diaz will win, but I *highly* doubt that he will be stopped by GSP, who will not risk position on the ground against someone with Nick's level of BJJ, which is almost certainly equal to (if not higher) than that of GSP.

Diaz will also not gas the way Penn does in almost every WW fight that he has lost/drawn.

So...I'd flip this back on you and ask, how does GSP stop Diaz? He has stopped two lightweights in Penn and Serra, and a past-his-prime Hughes, in his last 10 fights, and Diaz hasn't been stopped in OVER TEN YEARS outside of a cut TKO loss to Noons over five years ago.

GSP by decision, in all likelihood...but I would bet heavily against a stoppage win.

edit: add Zaromskis to the list of capable strikers Diaz handled...

Last edited:
Yer GSP is gonna stop Diaz, who is pretty hard to stop, the same way GSP stopped Fitch-Alves-Condit-Shields-Hardy...

GSP is not stopping Diaz, 5 round decision again.

I think Nick hurt BJ more in 3 rounds than GSP did in 4.

UFC-137-BJ-Penn-After-Fight.jpg

bjpenn_display_image.jpg

Georges beat him down for sure, but Nick did more damage in my opinion.
Nick did more aesthetic damage, but being ugly isn't the same as being REALLY hurt.

GSP is going to beat Nick Diaz like a red headed step child.

Lol at two times...he has only been truly stopped one time. I don't count cuts on somebody with massive scar tissue as a win.

remind me of the time Nick got stopped?

This is one fight I'd definitely like to see under Sakuraba/Gracie rules (or lack thereof). Like most people, I think GSP will outfight Nick wherever it goes and has a good chance of really hurting him, like in the Fitch/Kos/Condit fights, but don't think he'll finish Nick, because he's one tough dude. And I think Nick has the best chance of finishing GSP of anyone at WW, but definitely wouldn't bet on it.

My head says "no", but my gut feeling tells me "no" as well. Maybe if Diaz drinks a vial of poison immediately preceding the event, no, not even then. No.

remind me of the time Nick got stopped?

He came out trying to do karate against Jeremy Jackson it was like 40 seconds or something and he got caught. It's not a fight that matters now though because that is not the same Nick Diaz of today who hasn't truly been stopped since.

A guy who tends not to get stopped versus a guy who tends not to stop people... My guess is "no."

First, suggesting that GSP-Fitch is in anyway relevant to GSP-Diaz, in terms of standup, is ridiculous, IMHO. Diaz is well ahead of Fitch in both footwork and boxing.

Second, Diaz has fought (and beaten) guys like Daley and Noons, who arguably have *at least* comparable boxing and hand speed to GSP (I would suggest they are both better/faster in pure standup).

Yes, Diaz has both better footwork and boxing than Fitch but they are about the same speed. Slow as sin. Daley was beating Nick's face in until he gassed. GSP will not gas. I have not seen the second Noon's fight but the first was a total beat down. From what I heard Noons was so vain he wouldn't cut his hair and couldn't see the punches coming in the second fight.

Diaz couldn't handle Condit's movement and hand speed, so how will he handle GSP's?

As for what happened to BJ when he fought GSP, I fail to see how that is relevant to Diaz at all. They are two very different fighters, and BJ has no business fighting at WW anymore. Diaz also beat up Penn, so doesn't that at least suggest that GSP won't tool him the same way? If you at all buy into the greasegate thing that Penn alleged, that will also not happen, given the changes implemented for cornermen.

Maybe the fact that Diaz has no nowhere near as good as take down defense as Penn might suggest he'll end up on his back whenever GSP feels like putting him there. I will give you Nick being better off his back than Penn though.

I'm certainly not saying Diaz will win, but I *highly* doubt that he will be stopped by GSP, who will not risk position on the ground against someone with Nick's level of BJJ, which is almost certainly equal to (if not higher) than that of GSP.

Diaz will also not gas the way Penn does in almost every WW fight that he has lost/drawn.

So...I'd flip this back on you and ask, how does GSP stop Diaz? He has stopped two lightweights in Penn and Serra, and a past-his-prime Hughes, in his last 10 fights, and Diaz hasn't been stopped in OVER TEN YEARS outside of a cut TKO loss to Noons over five years ago.

GSP by decision, in all likelihood...but I would bet heavily against a stoppage win.

I already stated this in another post but I believe GSP will stop Diaz the same way he stopped Penn. With ground and pound.

Last edited:
GSP hans't finished anyone in two hours of fighting........ so if he's going to win, I suuuuuuuuuuure hope he finishes Diaz.

Back