Will Nick be stopped for the third time in his career

The one thing we have to remember is that the reason GSP isn't finishing fools left and right like he somewhat used to is that he's fighting the ELITE of the division. He's not fighting subpar dudes like Scott Smith and Paul Daley. Look at how many times the following have been finished in the UFC prior to fighting GSP:

Jon Fitch-0
BJ Penn-0
Kos-1
Matt Hughes-1
Thiago Alves-1
Carlos Condit-0
Matt Serra-1
Jake Shields-0
Sherk-0

And someone tried to claim GSP was some "LW" killer, check Diaz's last finishes in the UFC: Neer, Tibau, and Oishi ring a bell? Trust me, if GSP was fighting the subpar talent that Diaz has beat that has built him up so well, GSP would be ending these fools left and right.

I doubt it. Nick is a tough dude. However, I wouldn't be suprised if it happened, because GSP seems pretty pissed with him.

The one thing we have to remember is that the reason GSP isn't finishing fools left and right like he somewhat used to is that he's fighting the ELITE of the division. He's not fighting subpar dudes like Scott Smith and Paul Daley. Look at how many times the following have been finished in the UFC prior to fighting GSP:

Jon Fitch-0
BJ Penn-0
Kos-1
Matt Hughes-1
Thiago Alves-1
Carlos Condit-0
Matt Serra-1
Jake Shields-0
Sherk-0

And someone tried to claim GSP was some "LW" killer, check Diaz's last finishes in the UFC: Neer, Tibau, and Oishi ring a bell? Trust me, if GSP was fighting the subpar talent that Diaz has beat that has built him up so well, GSP would be ending these fools left and right.

Nick would finish Fitch, Alves, Serra and Hardy imo.

This!!

But if GSP is legitimately pissed for this fight and is more aggressive then usual, I could see him going full pre Serra 1 beast mode on Diaz and anything can happen from that.

Look what GSP did to Sherk? and to this day Him and B.J are the only 2 guys to stop Sherk

If GSP goes into "beast mode" he will lose against Diaz. Guaranteed. Just ask Daley or Zaromskis

Nick would finish Fitch, Alves, Serra and Hardy imo.

I seriously can't understand how anyone would think Diaz would finish Fitch. Or honestly, Serra. Serra is plenty good enough on the mat to hang with Diaz, and has plenty good enough a chin to withstand Diaz volume punching.

I'd buy Diaz finishing Alves and Hardy, I could see that.

I see a stoppage by cut.

No. The only way this fights ends in anything other than a decision win for GSP is if Diaz manages to catch GSP with a submission or tko.

If GSP goes into "beast mode" he will lose against Diaz. Guaranteed. Just ask Daley or Zaromskis

GSP's "beast mode" is a bit different than Paul Daley or Zaromskis.

For one thing, GSP doesn't run out of energy.

GSP's hand speed and foot speed will be too much for Nick in the stand up. Think GSP vs Fitch. And on the ground I think GSP will pound Nick's head through the canvas the same way he did Penn. There is a reason GSP asked for this match up. How does Nick make it out of this fight?

Umm, in 7 title defenses, GSP has 6 decisions and the one finish wasn't even a traditional finish (it was a corner stoppage in b/w rounds 4 and 5, not an in-round KO, TKO or SUB).

That's 34 straight rounds without finishing an opponent. 170 minutes of fighting. Almost 3 hours of fight time without a finish.

And you're asking how does Nick, who is notoriously difficult to finish (never been subbed and outside of an early loss to Jackson, his only non-decision loss was a cut stoppage), make it out of this fight?

GSP will dominate but will most likely not get the finish. I expect it to look like the Alves and Condit fights. Striking to set up takedowns. Takedown. Mild ground and pound. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, the guy who finishes no one like BJ Penn, who's only been stopped twice in his career both by future hall of famers. Then there is Sean Sherk who has only been stopped twice in his career. And let's not forget Matt Serra who has also only been stopped twice.
Huh. Light weights right.

Big GSP fan, but GSP's hands aren't any faster than Nicks. GSP's very explosive with
his legs but he isn't overly fast or explosive with his hands.

Yup, GSP will not gas after beating the shit out of Nick.

He just better play it safe with jabs and leg kicks cause if Nick catches him on the chin... well, we know how suspect George's chin is. Chin for Chin we know who would win. ;)

Yup, GSP will not gas after beating the shit out of Nick.

He was tired after the Condit fight.
He coasted in the 4th and 5th round in comparison to the earlier rounds.

And Condit didn't press forward the entire time, he fought back the entire time.
Nick will try to bring the fight to GSP for 25 minutes.

GSP has great cardio but I haven't seen him go hard for 25 minutes straight.
This is also why this fight is interesting.

Nick is a warrior and a really hard guy to stop.

there are only two ways i see him being finished in the fight against GSP and that is 1. by cuts and 2. by rear naked choke as he is trying to get back to his feet.

other than that GSP via decision.

He was tired after the Condit fight.
He coasted in the 4th and 5th round in comparison to the earlier rounds.

And Condit didn't press forward the entire time, he fought back the entire time.
Nick will try to bring the fight to GSP for 25 minutes.

GSP has great cardio but I haven't seen him go hard for 25 minutes straight.
This is also why this fight is interesting.

He was coming off a 2 year layoff, but yeah he did slow down in the 4th and 5th. How do you think Diaz will handle GSP's movement? You know that after watching the Condit fight GSP will somewhat try and emulate Condit's movement/game plan.

He just better play it safe with jabs and leg kicks cause if Nick catches him on the chin... well, we know how suspect George's chin is. Chin for Chin we know who would win. ;)

its funny you say that.

Diaz has been stopped twice. Once due to a cut and a doctor stoppage and the other was by getting ko'd by jeremy jackson.

GSP has only been knocked out once in his career and has been sub'd once.

so i dont really know how people think his chin is that suspect. The stats show that if its stopped due to strikes by either cut or ko that the percentages are in favor of GSP not diaz.

diaz has been finished more than gsp stupid

Really? Looked that up huh? Wrong

Nick was TKO'd by Jeremy Jackson in 2002 and then stopped by KJ Noons due to cuts.

GSP was subbed by Matt Hughes and TKO'd by Serra

Who's stupid?

Back