Will Holly Holm be labeled as powerful boxer when she fights Ronda?

What are you talking about, she has true on punch knockout power - Joe Rogan, probably.

Last edited:
Well, she does have KO power. She's knocked people out. Betch, OTOH, doesn't and hasn't.

Holm is also widely considered the best female boxer ever, so that will certainly be mentioned a lot, as it should.

What is funny is that while she had an amazing career as a female boxer, she has always trained in that Kenpo-style kickboxing with Winklejohn.

She'll be labeled as Rousey's most dangerous opponent. There will be clip after clip of Rousey calmly saying she respects Holm so much and thinks her boxing skills are 'elite.' Something like that. Pretty much the same treatment as Correia got in the weeks leading up to 190.

I imagine Dana saying "This girl is dangerous. Look, She's undefeated, was a boxing champion before ever competing in MMA. Look, there's a video of her sparring Jon Jones, standing toe to toe and tagging him. She's a monster. Definitely going to be Rondas toughest fight."

She'll be labeled as Rousey's most dangerous opponent. There will be clip after clip of Rousey calmly saying she respects Holm so much and thinks her boxing skills are 'elite.' Something like that. Pretty much the same treatment as Correia got in the weeks leading up to 190.

C'mon, though. If Correia and Holm ever fought, Holly would destroy Bethe. The comparisons between the two are silly.

Holm on paper is the best striker Rousey has yet to face. Her last two fights were a bit underhelming, but she is certainly a new challenge for Rousey.

The fight lasts a minute or less if Rousey clinches and goes for the takedown. If she stands a bit it could be fun.

C'mon, though. If Correia and Holm ever fought, Holly would destroy Bethe. The comparisons between the two are silly.

Never compared the two beyond the levels of BS hype they will be or have been given in the lead-up to a fight with Rousey.

Joe Rogan's commentary during her debut was terrible. I don't he had ever seen her fight before, like he was expecting a female Hagler or something.

Honestly, Holly was a top boxer for years. Very technical, above average cardio. But we all know that she is not ready to fight Ronda and may never be. I wish she was. She would be a much better role model than Ronda.

No doubt. They will play up their "boxing champion" stuff even though there's as little depth in women's boxing as in WMMA.

Rogan has no shame whatsoever, every single card he hypes includes: "One of the best ever", "One of the most dangerous fighters", etc, etc, etc..

Sucks they're putting her in now, honestly I wish they gave her more time to develop, looks like an easy fight at this point. No offense either I actually think Holm is a great prospect.

Ronda won't be tested until a female Judo champion is trained by bang Ludwig.

- Rogan will say her skills are 'Mayweatheresque'.

- Dana will say she is own of the greatest strikers of her generation.

- They will create a laundry list of reasons why YOU MUST BUY THIS FIGHT.

- Holm will come out, display zero footwork, the boxing of a amateur journeyman fighter, Ronda will stomp forward, defend a few punches with her head, Holm will stand flat, throw a wild haymaker, Ronda will grab her arm, Holm will show no defence on the ground, Rousey will submit her, Rogan will ejaculate on Goldie, He will declare Ronda better than Mandela, Dana will call her the most inspirational female in history, White Knights across the globe will defend her on internet boards everywhere in the hope that one day when the stars align Ronda will enter their local gamestop, slip on a banana peel, hit her head, he will take her to his mothers basement, re-tell stories of all the times he defended her on Sherdog while she lay unconscious, pray this his stories are entering her sub conscious, and then god willing his mothers PB and J sandwiches will give her the power to regain consciousness, she will realise he his her hero and then

- Rogan will say her skills are 'Mayweatheresque'.

- Dana will say she is own of the greatest strikers of her generation.

- They will create a laundry list of reasons why YOU MUST BUY THIS FIGHT.

- Holm will come out, display zero footwork, the boxing of a amateur journeyman fighter, Ronda will stomp forward, defend a few punches with her head, Holm will stand flat, throw a wild haymaker, Ronda will grab her arm, Holm will show no defence on the ground, Rousey will submit her, Rogan will ejaculate on Goldie, He will declare Ronda better than Mandela, Dana will call her the most inspirational female in history, White Knights across the globe will defend her on internet boards everywhere in the hope that one day when the stars align Ronda will enter their local gamestop, slip on a banana peel, hit her head, he will take her to his mothers basement, re-tell stories of all the times he defended her on Sherdog while she lay unconscious, pray this his stories are entering her sub conscious, and then god willing his mothers PB and J sandwiches will give her the power to regain consciousness, she will realise he his her hero and then

http://boxrec.com/boxer/117628 9 finishes in 33 boxing bouts

Against 0-0 fighter
Against 0-0 fighter
Against 4-4-1 fighter
Against 7-11 fighter
Against 9-4-1 fighter
Against 5-5 fighter
Against 11-0 fighter (padded record in Brazil, after the loss went on to lose 3 more in a row in Zambia, France and Colombia, retired)
Against 21-4-1 fighter
Against 15-4-2 fighter

Basically has 2-3 finishes against somewhat decent records in 38 fights. Had 2 draws with 2-1 and 3-1 records.

No real finishes in MMA with her hands other than a body shot against a girl that had no clue how to strike http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Katie-Merrill-61308 and hasn't fought after that fight (1-1 record).

Ronda is way more powerful puncher than Holm and Holm's only chance is a fluke head kick but with Ronda in her face it won't be easy to throw any kick from that distance.
Ronda can eat her punches if she has to and won't have to worry about getting rocked by them pillow fists.

Using Wiki to make a thread in which you show you have no fucking idea what you are talking about is pretty awesome.

You dont like Holm we get it, and have never watched a single one of her boxing matches, we get it. You are an idiot, we get it.

Keep making awesome threads though.

Sucks they're putting her in now, honestly I wish they gave her more time to develop, looks like an easy fight at this point. No offense either I actually think Holm is a great prospect.

I agree completely with this quote, this fight is too early for Holm judging her previous UFC fights, I must admit I wasn't looking forward to a Tate re rematch , that being said who is out there at the moment that will really push Rousey?

She has 40 boxing fights, and is 9-0 in WMMA (go look at the records and number of fights Ronda's opponents so far have had). She is the most talented fighter Rousey has ever fought.

She is not a prospect and she is more ready than these woman with 3 years of training Ronda has been fighting.

You need to stop just watching the UFC and buying their bullshit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back