Will Holly Holm be labeled as powerful boxer when she fights Ronda?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://boxrec.com/boxer/117628 9 finishes in 33 boxing bouts

Against 0-0 fighter
Against 0-0 fighter
Against 4-4-1 fighter
Against 7-11 fighter
Against 9-4-1 fighter
Against 5-5 fighter
Against 11-0 fighter (padded record in Brazil, after the loss went on to lose 3 more in a row in Zambia, France and Colombia, retired)
Against 21-4-1 fighter
Against 15-4-2 fighter

Basically has 2-3 finishes against somewhat decent records in 38 fights. Had 2 draws with 2-1 and 3-1 records.

No real finishes in MMA with her hands other than a body shot against a girl that had no clue how to strike http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Katie-Merrill-61308 and hasn't fought after that fight (1-1 record).

Ronda is way more powerful puncher than Holm and Holm's only chance is a fluke head kick but with Ronda in her face it won't be easy to throw any kick from that distance.
Ronda can eat her punches if she has to and won't have to worry about getting rocked by them pillow fists.

She'll probably be labeled best female boxer off all time. They always try to make Rousey's opponents seem like they are so much greater than they really are.

Just Ronda's opponent, right?

People complain that they are hyping up Ronda, then complain that they hyped up Holly as a legit contender. Fucking losers. Two great female fighters go at it and the boys deep down just hate it.

who cares what they label her as.

Ronda will be facing her biggest challenge yet as she faces an opponent with devastating knockout power and with one of the best boxing credentials we've ever seen in the history of the UFC. What Holly brings to the fight is championship level experience and athleticism as well as the best technique in the division and possibly all of MMA

- Joe Rogan

People complain that they are hyping up Ronda, then complain that they hyped up Holly as a legit contender. Fucking losers. Two great female fighters go at it and [some] boys deep down just hate it.

Yup.
And its just weird.

Sport is sport. Fighting is fighting. Compelling is compelling.

"probably the p4p best striker in womens mma HISTORY"

Holm is a snooze, hope Ronda ends it in 15 seconds because I don't know if I could survive 25 minutes of Holm backpedalling and leg kicking only

OMG. lmao. Needs to be bumped again tomorrow and posts quoted into oblivion.

One punch knock out power, Mike.

Lol. This is great because the TS is actually a well known poster around here. You gone done goofed TS.

I actually agree with TS' pre-fight analysis. Holly Holm was never known as a power puncher and I am surprised at how much her punches seem to rock Ronday. He was right about her finishing with a head kick though...

- Rogan will say her skills are 'Mayweatheresque'.

- Dana will say she is own of the greatest strikers of her generation.

- They will create a laundry list of reasons why YOU MUST BUY THIS FIGHT.

- Holm will come out, display zero footwork, the boxing of a amateur journeyman fighter, Ronda will stomp forward, defend a few punches with her head, Holm will stand flat, throw a wild haymaker, Ronda will grab her arm, Holm will show no defence on the ground, Rousey will submit her, Rogan will ejaculate on Goldie, He will declare Ronda better than Mandela, Dana will call her the most inspirational female in history, White Knights across the globe will defend her on internet boards everywhere in the hope that one day when the stars align Ronda will enter their local gamestop, slip on a banana peel, hit her head, he will take her to his mothers basement, re-tell stories of all the times he defended her on Sherdog while she lay unconscious, pray this his stories are entering her sub conscious, and then god willing his mothers PB and J sandwiches will give her the power to regain consciousness, she will realise he his her hero and then

I actually agree with TS' pre-fight analysis. Holly Holm was never known as a power puncher and I am surprised at how much her punches seem to rock Ronday. He was right about her finishing with a head kick though...

If you land flush and many, many times, even pillow fists will start to hurt

She will be promoted as a boxing champion with great kicks, that is to be expected.

BTW, ts I dont know what you're trying to prove with those stats and fighters listed. Anyone who watches boxing knows that boxers get more of their KO's early in their career because they face weaker opposition at that point. Holly is not a KO punchers either.

And I like how you sway and twist the points around like no "real finishes with her hands" cause the girl had no clue how to strike OR the boxer thats 11-0 had a padded record. Clearly a post made to diminish Holm

She will get the Betch ''knockout artist'' treatment...

She will be promoted as a undefeated boxing champ that has been fighting for longer than Rousey.

She will be promoted as a undefeated boxing champ that has been fighting for longer than Rousey.

Undefeated in MMA :icon_chee

gbs120211y.jpg

Ronda has a big plan b if things don't go well....holm.....not so much.

Ronda will be facing her biggest challenge yet as she faces an opponent with devastating knockout power and with one of the best boxing credentials we've ever seen in the history of the UFC. What Holly brings to the fight is championship level experience and athleticism as well as the best technique in the division and possibly all of MMA

- Joe Rogan

^^^ THIS

She will be promoted as a boxing champion with great kicks, that is to be expected.

BTW, ts I dont know what you're trying to prove with those stats and fighters listed. Anyone who watches boxing knows that boxers get more of their KO's early in their career because they face weaker opposition at that point. Holly is not a KO punchers either.

And I like how you sway and twist the points around like no "real finishes with her hands" cause the girl had no clue how to strike OR the boxer thats 11-0 had a padded record. Clearly a post made to diminish Holm

11-0 in Brazil against local chicks and then losing 4 in a row on road, in Zambia (know any fighters out of that place?) even. Typical padded record when it comes to boxing. Went to MMA and lost 3 out of 4, tho she had tough opponents in MMA.

I hope so, promote the shit out of that fight and compared Holly to Mayweather.

The more people who tune in to see that get to be blessed with a Joanna fight.

- Joe Rogan

That actually sounds like something Rogan would legitimately say haha

11-0 in Brazil against local chicks and then losing 4 in a row on road, in Zambia (know any fighters out of that place?) even. Typical padded record when it comes to boxing. Went to MMA and lost 3 out of 4, tho she had tough opponents in MMA.

Yah and? No one is disputing this girls record record. My point is that your clearly trying to diminish and discredit Holm here with those points. And I dont even know for what purpose? The UFC hasnt started to promote this fight yet and no one claims that Holly is a power puncher, anyone who watched her boxing career knows this.

Besides like I said, boxers traditionally have careers like that where they finish most of their opponents early in their career and the opposition is weaker. Considering that Holm is not a power puncher, it does make sense her fights went like that. Look at Floyd, he won 13 of his first 15 fights by finish, have a look at the oppositions records. Floyd finished some good fighters after that but less then a handful. You have power punchers like Cotto and Saul that continue to finish fighters, but even those guys 75% of their finishes come in their first 25/30 fights where the opposition isnt as strong.

You basically are criticizing her boxing career for a lack of finishes, which is parallel to most boxing records and knowingly that she's not power puncher. You want to prove she's not a power puncher, which we already know she's not in a case where the UFC would promote her as such, even though they havent yet (and in 2 of Holms fights I dont recall the UFC promoting her as a power puncher)

You're looking for and starting argument that doesnt exist

Last edited:
Back