Will Holly Holm be labeled as powerful boxer when she fights Ronda?

She is the "Floyd Mayweather" of mma, probably word for word what they will say. Nearly undefeated boxer. I think she's actually taller than Floyd so they'll probably say that Ronda can beat Floyd in mma by beating Holly. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the Tate match just to try and ride on Floyd's coat tails some more.

She's the greatest fucking challenge to rr ever!!!!! All the earlier fights were legit, but rr's challenge this time is on another level!!!! Holly holme has a kickboxing pedigree unseen by rr so far, you will not want to miss this fight, it will be a barnburner, guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know you want to buy this PPV!!!!
Ufc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who whine about Holm's lack of power are confused about what it takes to beat Ronda.

Open your eyes nooblets: Trying to hit Ronda with something big early has thus far been a recipe for disaster.

- Rogan will say her skills are 'Mayweatheresque'.

- Dana will say she is own of the greatest strikers of her generation.

- They will create a laundry list of reasons why YOU MUST BUY THIS FIGHT.

- Holm will come out, display zero footwork, the boxing of a amateur journeyman fighter, Ronda will stomp forward, defend a few punches with her head, Holm will stand flat, throw a wild haymaker, Ronda will grab her arm, Holm will show no defence on the ground, Rousey will submit her, Rogan will ejaculate on Goldie, He will declare Ronda better than Mandela, Dana will call her the most inspirational female in history, White Knights across the globe will defend her on internet boards everywhere in the hope that one day when the stars align Ronda will enter their local gamestop, slip on a banana peel, hit her head, he will take her to his mothers basement, re-tell stories of all the times he defended her on Sherdog while she lay unconscious, pray this his stories are entering her sub conscious, and then god willing his mothers PB and J sandwiches will give her the power to regain consciousness, she will realise he his her hero and then

Well Holly is better boxer but i think what we have seen her earlier fights that his hands are not that super in UFC. Ronda probs just presure her and beat her in standing.

She has 40 boxing fights, and is 9-0 in WMMA (go look at the records and number of fights Ronda's opponents so far have had). She is the most talented fighter Rousey has ever fought.

She is not a prospect and she is more ready than these woman with 3 years of training Ronda has been fighting.

You need to stop just watching the UFC and buying their bullshit.

I think she's considered a prospect because she hasn't beaten anyone accomplished in MMA yet.

She's more ready than Bethe and maybe Liz, that's about it.

Yes, she will be labelled as the best female boxer in the world, so that later they can claim Ronda beat:

- the best boxer (Holm)
- the best Olympic wrestler (Sara)
- the best BJJ black belt (Davis)
- the best marine (Carmouche)
- the best secretary (Bethe)

Holly Holm is the Travis Lutter of WMMA

- Holm will come out, display zero footwork, the boxing of a amateur journeyman fighter, Ronda will stomp forward, defend a few punches with her head, Holm will stand flat, throw a wild haymaker, Ronda will grab her arm, Holm will show no defence on the ground, Rousey will submit her, Rogan will ejaculate on Goldie, He will declare Ronda better than Mandela, Dana will call her the most inspirational female in history, White Knights across the globe will defend her on internet boards everywhere in the hope that one day when the stars align Ronda will enter their local gamestop, slip on a banana peel, hit her head, he will take her to his mothers basement, re-tell stories of all the times he defended her on Sherdog while she lay unconscious, pray this his stories are entering her sub conscious, and then god willing his mothers PB and J sandwiches will give her the power to regain consciousness, she will realise he his her hero and then

Ronda will be facing her biggest challenge yet as she faces an opponent with devastating knockout power and with one of the best boxing credentials we've ever seen in the history of the UFC. What Holly brings to the fight is championship level experience and athleticism as well as the best technique in the division and possibly all of MMA

- Joe Rogan

How did you get your hands on the official script?

Of course they will... There job is to promote the fight

I think she's considered a prospect because she hasn't beaten anyone accomplished in MMA yet.

She's more ready than Bethe and maybe Liz, that's about it.

And she probably never will. This fight got moved up because the UFC has invested more than they probably wanted to in Holm (remember this negotiation was tough) and after seeing her lose to Pennigton (I really think she lost that fight), they realized they need to make this fight happen now.

This is the most interesting factor of the fight.

People who whine about Holm's lack of power are confused about what it takes to beat Ronda.

Open your eyes nooblets: Trying to hit Ronda with something big early has thus far been a recipe for disaster.

One thing Holm can do is try the Jon Jones sidekick to the knee. Ronda has weak/damaged knees and Holm used that kick a lot in her last fight.

Of course they will... There job is to promote the fight

That's spewing bullshit and hyperbole, which I suppose is the way the Ufc hypes.
They'll be calling her a worldclass striker, which is obviously disingenuous .

You guys can all go ahead and stop shitting on Rogan in this thread. He's already said Holm "wasn't a smart choice" for the fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/8/24/9197883/joe-rogan-holly-holm-wasnt-smart-choice-ronda-rousey-compared-dangerous-amanda-nunes-mma

They don't need to hype up Holm for the fight. All they need to say anymore is two simple words:

UFC 195 - Ronda. Rousey.

You know when the fight is approaching Rogan's speak will be a constant expulsion of blatant exaggeration.
But that's his job and kind of his thing.

That's spewing bullshit and hyperbole, which I suppose is the way the Ufc hypes.
They'll be calling her a worldclass striker, which is obviously disingenuous .

Nothing they could claim about Holm could be worse than Chris Cariaso's one punch knockout power.

I dont understand what the criticism of the UFC and Rogan is in this thread if they do take the boxing angle, which they most will. Fact of the matter Holm is a multiple time world champ and has a great boxing record. It presents a whole new challenge to Rousey she hasnt faced and it should be promoted this way.

I should mention that part of why I expect they will likely try and hype Holy Holm to a disproportionate degree is largely due to the dominance of Ronda.

This is probably obvious and who knows I may turn out to be wrong.
However I feel that Holm is deserving of the shot.

Back