will donald trump implode because of israel?

stellarborg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
you would have to figure that is one sacred cow that he can not slay

he basically came out in the last debate saying that he doesn't give a fuck about israel and that he will negotiate between palestine and israel as equal partners, while rubio was hitting him as terrorist supporter because of his position

is that the cow too far?

I doubt it. Many rural conservatives aren't pro-Israel at all. You don't hear about that much, but the pro-Israeli sentiment isn't as stalwart as the media and urban Republicans would have you believe.

I doubt it. Many rural conservatives aren't pro-Israel at all. You don't hear about that much, but the pro-Israeli sentiment isn't as stalwart as the media and urban Republicans would have you believe.
The pro-Israeli sentiment is probably more concentrated near the top with groups like AIPAC than among the average American, especially excluding the Evangelicals.

you would have to figure that is one sacred cow that he can not slay

he basically came out in the last debate saying that he doesn't give a fuck about israel and that he will negotiate between palestine and israel as equal partners, while rubio was hitting him as terrorist supporter because of his position

is that the cow too far?

pope.jpg

The pro-Israeli sentiment is probably more concentrated near the top with groups like AIPAC than among the average American, especially excluding the Evangelicals.
This has always been my feeling on it. Though I suppose they could use his stances for anti trump ads. People will not remember what the ad was about, just the foreboding music and telling you not to vote Trump.

I think most of the Israel-fetishists would support Cruz regardless.

This. I live in a rural area that is roughly 80%-85% conservative, and specifically rich with the less educated, low-information Tea Party types (where I am, specifically, this breed rallies around a "State of Jefferson" cause).

Country Republicans don't give a shit about Israel or the Jews. They just hate Muslims and Mexicans and blacks who live in the city. The degree to which you hear the "master" narrative is just a tinfoil crutch that emotional "anti-Zionist" whiners cling to-- just like these country Republicans cling to their guns and Bibles-- because from time to time it's hard when you read nasty headlines triggering that slow, painful, creeping realization that you're not even going to outlive being on the side of the "little guy" eating shit.

If you watch FOX or listen to Sky News, (The two biggest conservative news peddlers), they bombard their audience with pro-israel propaganda in every form.

"For just a dollar a day, you can help the poorest people of israel, our greatest ally"

Bro, do you Revelations at all?

If you haven't heard, some people want Christ to come back(Despite this meaning the end of the world), and you have to support Israel if you want that to happen.

Trump hasn't said anything critical of Israel . Saying he want's stay neutral on Israel is less supportive of Israel than the other candidates who worship at Israel's feet but it doesn't amount to much since the whole US government is pro Israel.

Trump has mentioned before that he is practically Jewish , owing to being a NY real estate developer. His daughter converted to Judaism after marrying into a prominent NY Jewish family. I think his son-in-law being Jewish and daughter converting gives him some insulation from those who might otherwise view him as a threat to Israeli interests because Trump is pretty White Nationalist but of the sort that isn't anti Jewish.

Trump hasn't said anything critical of Israel . Saying he want's stay neutral on Israel is less supportive of Israel than the other candidates who worship at Israel's feet but it doesn't amount to much since the whole US government is pro Israel.

Trump has mentioned before that he is practically Jewish , owing to being a NY real estate developer. His daughter converted to Judaism after marrying into a prominent NY Jewish family. I think his son-in-law being Jewish and daughter converting gives him some insulation from those who might otherwise view him as a threat to Israeli interests because Trump is pretty White Nationalist but of the sort that isn't anti Jewish.

Why are you mixing together pro-Israel and then anti-Jewish.
It is not the same thing.

This is the first reasonable thing that I've heard Trump say.

As far as his comments on Israel, there's little chance that'll put a dent into Trump's armor that every other bullet over the last eight months has just bounced off.

As far his chances at the nomination, I've said since the SC primary that his chances of winning are 98%. Super Tuesday could clinch it for him.

It's guaranteed he's going to win the majority of the delegates throughout the twelve states, but the question is if Cruz can still win enough to stay competetive.

Cruz is favored to win Texas, Arkansas, and competetive in Tennessee and a few other states. But he needs to win Texas by a wider margin than the polls are projecting to clinch the majority of the 170 delegates.

Rubio may win delegates, but he's only projected to get second place in a few states. That's it. He's losing in Florida by twenty points (his home state) and that's decided on the 15th. If he can't win there, he hopefully will suspend his campaign.

Kasich will probably quit after losing Ohio.

Carson can quit whenever he fucking wants to.

Only way Cruz wins the nomination is if he does better than expected on Super Tuesday and the rest of the field drops out so it's a 1v1 race.

As far as his comments on Israel, there's little chance that'll put a dent into Trump's armor that every other bullet over the last eight months has just bounced off.

As far his chances at the nomination, I've said since the SC primary that his chances of winning are 98%. Super Tuesday could clinch it for him.

It's guaranteed he's going to win the majority of the delegates throughout the twelve states, but the question is if Cruz can still win enough to stay competetive.

Cruz is favored to win Texas, Arkansas, and competetive in Tennessee and a few other states. But he needs to win Texas by a wider margin than the polls are projecting to clinch the majority of the 170 delegates.

Rubio may win delegates, but he's only projected to get second place in a few states. That's it. He's losing in Florida by twenty points (his home state) and that's decided on the 15th. If he can't win there, he hopefully will suspend his campaign.

Kasich will probably quit after losing Ohio.

Carson can quit whenever he fucking wants to.

Only way Cruz wins the nomination is if he does better than expected on Super Tuesday and the rest of the field drops out so it's a 1v1 race.

thorough analysis. only real way republicans win is after super tuesday, all but one person (either cruz or rubio) back out and unify the votes against trump.

but given the egos and chaos, that's unlikely to happen.

This is the first reasonable thing that I've heard Trump say.
Trump also leans towards Fair Trade and criticizes outsourcing. Atleast that's what he says but I doubt he means it .

What do you mean , i.e. in regards to what I said?
You mix together being a jew and stance with Israel.
There are a bunch of jews that are not pro-Israel.

You mix together being a jew and stance with Israel.
There are a bunch of jews that are not pro-Israel.
I know there are a few Jews who are critical of Israeli policies. Yet being Jewish affords quite a bit of insulation from accusations of Anti-Semitism for a person criticising Israeli policies.

Back