Will Colby get cut by UFC soon?

?

• Total voters
He keeps turning down fights and now with Wonderboy Burns and Leon Nate booked there's no chance in hell he's getting the next shot. UFC will prob offer him Luque or Chiesa next if he turns down that too I think UFC might be close to cutting him like they almost did Yair for ducking Zabit
<36><YeahOKJen>

I don't think he gets cut but Dana doesn't need him and he is not as big of a star he thinks he is. He certainly won't be getting a title shot.

Plus just look at Nate. UFC has no reason to cut an inactive fighter, they don't even have to pay them if they turn down fights (if they don't offer enough fights they have to pay them).

maybe they should cut Edwards too

He keeps turning down fights and now with Wonderboy Burns and Leon Nate booked there's no chance in hell he's getting the next shot. UFC will prob offer him Luque or Chiesa next if he turns down that too I think UFC might be close to cutting him like they almost did Yair for ducking Zabit

Colby will never be cut from the UFC; he is too popular these days. (compared to when he had no persona)

People are talking about him all the time (even on discussionboards such as Sherdog) and people want to see Colby Snoozeman rematch and Colby VS Masvidal.

Even when not fighting Colbert seems to gain some attention with his Twitter/Insta stuff and Schmoe interviews

Nope, as much as Uncle Dana hates him he's still a top WW and there are lots of exciting fights to be made with him vs. Usman, Leon, Masvidal, etc.

yeah they will cut one of their best fighters and someone who actually bothers trying to promote his fights. and the guy who got a call from the president. colby is legitimately a top level fighter, he is the real deal, i dont know why people shit on him here like hes some kind of joke

I think he only has one fight left on his contract, and will probably have to fight someone pretty difficult. If he loses, the ufc will def use that to devalue any future contract offers which could lead to him looking for more money elsewhere.

So, I don't think they're actively looking to cut him, but they probably feel like they've gotten the best he has to offer and wouldn't mind sending him out on a loss instead of paying him more. It's kind of their style. And even tho I don't like him, I hope this doesn't happen to Colby. It sucks to see fighters put so much into the game only to get nickel and dimed by the billion dollar promotion that profits off their incredibly hard work.

Yeah these wins dont look so great in hindsight do they??

Actually they do. You have to look at when he beat them where they were at. Woodley maybe was on the downslide give his age

They won't. If they do the competition will pick him up, which is undesirable for the ufc. He's top 3 in the world after all.

Actually they do. You have to look at when he beat them where they were at. Woodley maybe was on the downslide give his age
Even at the time Lawler came of 2 losses vs Askren and RDA and Maia showed that he couldnt do shit vs Woodleys wrestling. The Woodley came of 2 losses vs Gilbert and Usman. So these werent particularly impressive wins, and in hindsight even less.

I think you'll be cut from Sherdog before Colby is cut from the UFC

I don't really believe that, He is a great fighter with an respect record, but anyone can be fired if they said the wrong things
Well, almost anyone

No, I imagine they have Colby VS Usman 2 near end of year.

wow this thread def shows how dumb some sherdoggers are

Back