Will Colby get cut by UFC soon?

?

• Total voters
They can't cut him because he's coming off a win. And he doesn't cost the UFC anything if he doesn't fight. These guys don't get paid when they're not doing anything.

I don't know where people get the idea he's a draw, but the UFC isn't going to cut him unless he starts losing. Him sitting on the sidelines doesn't cost the UFC anything so I don't see why they would cut him, just let him sit out and refuse fights.

Given all Masvidal did to get a rematch with Usman was to whine on Twitter maybe Colby figures if he does the same thing it might be the quickest way he gets a rematch.

I'm not a fan of Masvidal getting an immediate rematch with Usman either, but the guy is definitely a big PPV draw. His last two fights have done 900,000 and 1.3 million buys, the biggest of 2019/2020 outside McGregor.

Masvidal has leverage with the UFC because of his PPV numbers. Covington doesn't have that kind of leverage, and his schtick is not the kind of PR that a company like ESPN wants.

Covington is making a mistake thinking that sitting on wins like RDA and Woodley along with his online bullshit is enough. RDA lost two more fights after Covington beat him and Woodley just got released by the UFC. They're not giving him a title fight based off those wins.

I’d put money on Colby if he gets the rematch with Usman. Not sure why he chose to strike instead of wrestle him the last time. Wear him down and finish him late would’ve been a much better strategy than getting socked up.

Colby actually gets a fair amount of attention from media outside of the sport. He is literally the B side of the division he is fighting in. The only person who has given the Champion a real fight. He also has a huge payday coming against Masvidal whenever that one happens, plus the potential rematch that everyone wants against the Champ.

The UFC won't cut a top 5 guy for turning down fights unless he doesn't add anything to the division. They have him under contract, they can wait him out as long as it takes.

I voted no but for fucks sake, the UFC let Moose and Rory walk. Two of the best fighters alive today that are both exciting every fight.

Point being it's kind of impossible to know for sure what the hell UFC will do

The UFC would be very dumb to cut Colby. Easily the #2 WW on the planet who has dominated everyone but Usman and gave him the toughest fight by far.
He is a dominant fighter, but his ranked wins are RDA, Maia, Woodley and Lawler. The last 2 are his only wins in the past 3 years, and they shouldn't really be ranked.

Colby is the schmegma of mma

Back