Will Colby get cut by UFC soon?

?

• Total voters
Hes doing this because he feels like he has a fight guaranteed against Usman or Masvidal, which is far from the truth.

He did the same thing after he beat RDA. He campaigned to fight for the title for a year even though the UFC was clearly not going to give it to him. Then they forced him to fight Robbie Lawler because he turned down other contender fights.

Same thing will happen this time around, he will have to fight a top 5 guy to get a title shot.

He wants to do the least amount possible to get a title shot.

Hes doing this because he feels like he has a fight guaranteed against Usman or Masvidal, which is far from the truth.

He did the same thing after he beat RDA. He campaigned to fight for the title for a year even though the UFC was clearly not going to give it to him. Then they forced him to fight Robbie Lawler because he turned down other contender fights.

Same thing will happen this time around, he will have to fight a top 5 guy to get a title shot.

He wants to do the least amount possible to get a title shot.
Given all Masvidal did to get a rematch with Usman was to whine on Twitter maybe Colby figures if he does the same thing it might be the quickest way he gets a rematch.

He's just going to stall until he gets the fight he wants

The guy is cringe, but fans will tune in to see him. And not because his style is exciting.

Besides, he arguably deserves the Usman rematch more than Masvidal does.

No lol but that would be nice.

However if he finds himself on a skid or looking for more money, I could see him being sent packing.

They aren't cutting a guy who brings in numbers and has only lost to the current champ in an exciting fight.
“Brings in numbers” is a rather big stretch but I agree they aren’t going to cut him. As funny as it would be.

I’m pretty sure Dana hates Colby so it wouldn’t be surprising. Colby isn’t helping anyone by not fighting, including himself.

He keeps turning down fights and now with Wonderboy Burns and Leon Nate booked there's no chance in hell he's getting the next shot. UFC will prob offer him Luque or Chiesa next if he turns down that too I think UFC might be close to cutting him like they almost did Yair for ducking Zabit
They won't cut him. They'll just let him sit on the shelf and waste his prime.

I just saw the interview he did with Helen Yee earlier this week, it's got quite a number of views. He has a bit of a following and at the end of the day is a great fighter. At least among the top 3 in WW.

So Idt they will cut him, but he does need to fight.

He keeps turning down fights and now with Wonderboy Burns and Leon Nate booked there's no chance in hell he's getting the next shot. UFC will prob offer him Luque or Chiesa next if he turns down that too I think UFC might be close to cutting him like they almost did Yair for ducking Zabit

nope colby would be in bellator 5 mins after being cut. so the ufc will be like fine you dont wan to fight go stay at home doing nothing.

They aren't cutting a guy who brings in numbers and has only lost to the current champ in an exciting fight.

to be fair colby not seen shown he a draw. colbu vs usman sold like no ppvs.the rating for robbie vs colby werent great and the event wasnt event sold out tickets.

to be fair colby not seen shown he a draw. colbu vs usman sold like no ppvs.the rating for robbie vs colby werent great and the event wasnt event sold out tickets.
My bad but I guess he still gets people talkiing

Why would he. If you can put your bias aside there are only a couple of people that can beat him. This question should be asked about Mike Perry.

Colby vs Chiesa actually sounds really fun

The welterweight division is such a shit show...

I hope not. He’s one of the only exciting fighters they have

He's Usman's biggest threat in UFC, so they'll keep him around in case they want to get rid of Usman.

Back