Wilder vs Fury 2 Feb.22nd FOX/ESPN joined PPV

No it's not glossing over the facts because it was true! You are the one trying to gloss over the facts. Wilder saw Fury as an easy mark in their first fight. You are getting too defensive about Wilder. I give him full credit for rematching Fury BUT you can't pretend that he didn't think it would be an easy win the first time around. I thought Fury had a good chance of pulling off the upset but most people didn't. Maybe you can share a post of your's before the first fight saying how good you think Fury was?

Of course he did. He negotiated with him right after the after the Seferi fight. No one thought he was gonna be in shape. No one! The threads on here at the time confirm this.
Everyone knows this, even this fool. You’re wasting your time pal. It’s like having a discussion with brick wall

Of course he did. He negotiated with him right after the after the Seferi fight. No one thought he was gonna be in shape. No one! The threads on here at the time confirm this.
Everyone knows this, even this fool. You’re wasting your time pal. It’s like having a discussion with brick wall
Yeah I know. It's like they can rewrite history so suit their warped views.

Wilder clearly saw Fury as a soft option first time around
Ah im not so sure about that...he definitely took Fury seriously in the ring.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to take Tyson Fury lightly...he's the most natural fighter in the division and has a true pedigree.

Ah im not so sure about that...he definitely took Fury seriously in the ring.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to take Tyson Fury lightly...he's the most natural fighter in the division and has a true pedigree.
Just go back to the time the fight was being made and you'll see threads claiming Fury was shot and would never make it back to the ring in shape. Seriously the revisionism that goes on here is ridiculous. I had serious doubts myself that Fury would make it back in shape. He was out that long and in such a bad way that it was a miracle he made it back.

Aries

Just go back to the time the fight was being made and you'll see threads claiming Fury was shot and would never make it back to the ring in shape. Seriously the revisionism that goes on here is ridiculous

...Near 60% of people thought Fury was gonna win

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wilder-vs-fury-predictions.3870381/page-6#post-146998941

When it comes to revisionism regarding Wilder Jonny Ninja is the world champ and Aries is the franchise champ

Last edited:
Aries

...Near 60% of people thought Fury was gonna win

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wilder-vs-fury-predictions.3870381/page-6#post-146998941

When it comes to revisionism regarding Wilder Jonny Ninja is the world champ and Aries is the franchise champ

what was right before the fight when people saw fury had taken the camp seriously and was in reasonable shape......not when the fight wilder made his offer.

he thought fury would be easy win and great chance to build his name for an AJ fight simple as that.

he was to have the rematch as majority of people in the game know he got lucky with the draw

what was right before the fight when people saw fury had taken the camp seriously and was in reasonable shape......not when the fight wilder made his offer.

I forgot about you, the Revisionist De Lahoya 81

You are in a group of very talented, world champion, history rewriters

Fury weighed 258lbs vs pianeta and 256.5lbs vs wilder

so what were people seeing to know that Fury had taken the wilder camp more seriously than the pianeta one?

Admit it, you guys are flat wrong to say everyone knew Fury was a soft touch. A forum full of boxing die hards picked Fury to win, people in the game would know Fury was a difficult fight and Wilder's camp would have suspected it also, but made the fight anyway.... mulitple times.

Last edited:
I forgot about you, the Revisionist De Lahoya 81

You are in a group of very talented, world champion, history rewriters

Fury weighed 258lbs vs pianeta and 256.5lbs vs wilder

so what were people seeing to know that Fury had taken the wilder camp more seriously than the pianeta one?

Admit it, you guys are flat wrong to say everyone knew Fury was a soft touch. A forum full of boxing die hards picked Fury to win, people in the game would know Fury was a difficult fight and Wilder's camp would have suspected it also, but made the fight anyway.... mulitple times.

It was largely regarded as an easy fight for wilder when it was first talked about as fury was way out of shape coming off a two year drink and drug binge or are you forgetting that? At the time wilder was meant to be going up against as AJ or whyte? I think I am remembering my history way better than you.

I am not saying the fury that showed up wasn’t a half decent one and that was more than enough to rank among wilder toughest opponents

It was largely regarded as an easy fight for wilder when it was first talked about as fury was way out of shape coming off a two year drink and drug binge or are you forgetting that? At the time wilder was meant to be going up against as AJ or whyte? I think I am remembering my history way better than you.

I am not saying the fury that showed up wasn’t a half decent one and that was more than enough to rank among wilder toughest opponents

There was some lively back and forth about who would win the fight, but as the poll suggests many, maybe even most thought fury would do it. Many know Fury is an awkward, elusive customer, in his athletic prime age wise, with long reach and is very hard to tag clean for even the most skilful of boxers. If most of the die hards on this forum could see it, don't think you know more than Wilder's management team, people that have over 50 yrs experience in the game. They knew how tough it was likely to be and booked it anyway.

Fury rose to the occasion, like he has a tendency to and his performance proved many people who voted in that poll right, unfortunately, that same poll proves you wrong, with your "everyone knew Tyson would be easy" excuse

No it's not glossing over the facts because it was true! You are the one trying to gloss over the facts. Wilder saw Fury as an easy mark in their first fight. You are getting too defensive about Wilder. I give him full credit for rematching Fury BUT you can't pretend that he didn't think it would be an easy win the first time around. I thought Fury had a good chance of pulling off the upset but most people didn't. Maybe you can share a post of your's before the first fight saying how good you think Fury was?
That is not a fact. That is you making up a conspiracy theory.
By that logic he would of ducked him after he didn't win the first fight.

There was some lively back and forth about who would win the fight, but as the poll suggests many, maybe even most thought fury would do it. Many know Fury is an awkward, elusive customer, in his athletic prime age wise, with long reach and is very hard to tag clean for even the most skilful of boxers. If most of the die hards on this forum could see it, don't think you know more than Wilder's management team, people that have over 50 yrs experience in the game. They knew how tough it was likely to be and booked it anyway.

Fury rose to the occasion, like he has a tendency to and his performance proved many people who voted in that poll right, unfortunately, that same poll proves you wrong, with your "everyone knew Tyson would be easy" excuse
Are these the same 3 guys who want to use a Sherdog poll to prove Tyson Fury won the 1st fight.
Now a Sherdog pole shows that their false narrative of " Everyone knew Fury would lose" isnt even true.

Lmao exposed again.

Why the fuck is anybody using any polls that can still be voted on a year later.

It’s almost as if the numbers pre fight and now could be different.

Why the fuck is anybody using any polls that can still be voted on a year later.

It’s almost as if the numbers pre fight and now could be different.

On page 1, post no.6 of the thread says

Minnowfanatic
Wilder KOs him around round 7 or 8. I see Fury taking some early rounds off Wilder but Wilder will gradually put more pressure on him, he'll start catching him and Fury won't be able to cope and will get stopped.

There's a poll up here by the way:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...staples-center.3805845/page-30#post-146907633
about 60/40 votes in favour of Fury right now

It was 60/40 in favour of Fury all the way thru, 1 yr later and in 2 separate polls, it seems

Time to face facts

There was a lot of speculation about a number of factors, including Fury condition, wilder's skill and accuracy etc

But, most people thought Fury would get it done, end of story. The idea being pedalled about "everyone knowing Fury was an easy win for wilder, no one thought Fury would get back in shape ", has died a death, let it rest in peace, amen

On page 1, post no.6 of the thread says

Minnowfanatic

It was 60/40 in favour of Fury all the way thru, 1 yr later and in 2 separate polls, it seems

Time to face facts

There was a lot of speculation about a number of factors, including Fury condition, wilder's skill and accuracy etc

But, most people thought Fury would get it done, end of story. The idea being pedalled about "everyone knowing Fury was an easy win for wilder, no one thought Fury would get back in shape ", has died a death, let it rest in peace, amen

Again I can change my vote on that poll right now if I want which will alter the percentage slightly, you can’t look at it a year ago.

https://bettingonline.co.uk/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-odds-and-predictions/

betting odds were in Wilders favour.

ESPN pundits pick.

https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story...-wilder-vs-tyson-fury-wilder-fury-predictions

So no what you’re claiming isn’t facts is it, claiming most thought Fury would win is every bit as dishonest as claiming nobody thought he could.

Wilder was the favourite, not overwhelmingly so, but the favourite nonetheless.

Again I can change my vote on that poll right now if I want which will alter the percentage slightly, you can’t look at it a year ago.

Yes you can, A post I quoted from november 2018 shows, that a poll at the time had it 60/40 in fury's favour, if it was 60/40 then and it's 60/40 now, there is no real reason, other than blind hope, that the figures have been majorly manipulated by people voting after the contest too place.

https://bettingonline.co.uk/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-odds-and-predictions/

betting odds were in Wilders favour.

ESPN pundits pick.

https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story...-wilder-vs-tyson-fury-wilder-fury-predictions

So no what you’re claiming isn’t facts is it, claiming most thought Fury would win is every bit as dishonest as claiming nobody thought he could.

Wilder was the favourite, not overwhelmingly so, but the favourite nonetheless.

You could easily post other sports sites with more picks for Fury

OR

I could talk about how betting odds are made, but

What you are missing is that the charge was;

Jonny ninja

Aries
Just go back to the time the fight was being made and you'll see threads claiming Fury was shot and would never make it back to the ring in shape. Seriously the revisionism that goes on here is ridiculous

They spoke about this forum in particular, , there may have been the odd post questioning Fury conditioning, as well as the odd post questioning Wilder's windmilling punching technique. But when all is said on done, both polls for this fight, on here had Fury as the favourite. They accuse others of revisionism, but they have put on a history rewriting clinic. These guys continually give wilder no credit and re engineer history to display this, some even said the idea of Wilder fighting Fury again was just a PR exercise to distract attention away from AJ!

That is not a fact. That is you making up a conspiracy theory.
By that logic he would of ducked him after he didn't win the first fight.
It was all over the forum! Anyone who was around at that time recognises it. But carry on.
tenor.gif

That is patently false that “most people didnt”. Vegas lines finished at -160 Wilder, +130 Fury. The polls here were almost exactly 50%.

That is patently false. Vegas lines finished at -160 Wilder, +130 Fury. The polls here were almost exactly 50%.
That is not what I remember. But I can't get the stupid search function on here to return me results before 04 December 2018.

That is not what I remember. But I can't get the stupid search function on here to return me results before 04 December 2018.

You don't need to

A Poll is the best way to get a snapshot of opinion on a forum

And Both polls, 1 with over 100 votes votes, the other with over 200 votes

had Fury as the winner

Your ostrich image was cute

I'm looking for an image of stevie wonder, blind folded, in a underground bunker, with his head up his his own arse to describe you

Last edited:
Back