Wilder is a Monster

He's literally KOd or almost KOd everyone who has stepped in the ring with him, and one of them was the lineal HW champ. No one has taken his 0, let me know when that happens.

Its almost as if you ignored my main point that 98% of his opponents were cans. Ortiz was 38 when he fought him. I watched his last fight where it look him 10 rounds to TKO a club fighter, and thats supposed to be WIlders best win? lul.

Last edited:
Its almost as if you ignored my main point that 98% of his opponents were cans. Ortiz was 38 when he fought him. I watched his last fight where it look him 10 rounds to TKO a club fighter, and thats supposed to be WIlders best win? lul.

Eh, it’s not like heavyweight boxing is the kingdom of skills and athleticism. The guy beat those they put in front of him, Fury being the one exception - and he had to come back from the dead, literally.

LOL @ the amateurs.

Are you fucking stupid?

Do you know what kind of weird shit goes on in the amateurs that would never happen in the pros?

Off the top of my head, in the amateurs: Ivan Calderon beat Miguel Cotto, Shawn Porter beat Usyk, Joe Calzaghe beat Chris Byrd, Henry Tillman beat Mike Tyson, Augie Sanchez beat Mayweather etc. etc. etc. All sorts of weird outcomes that would never be duplicated when the fighters were mature professionals.

Wilder had probably been training for barely a year at the time that fight happened.

I think you are missing the boat on one point. Olympic scoring is not the same as pro, the number of rounds isn't the same, and you don't have head gear. It hardly is the same sport. One is like being locked in a cafe with a rabid dog. The other is a game of tag.

I don't understand the point here of talking about Wilder's power bailing him out. Everyone knows that. Wilder knows that. He doesn't box based on the cards. He box knowing he has 12 or whatever rounds to knock you out or he probably loses.

Ortiz was a good win for Wilder. Ortiz is avoided because he is a southpaw and skilled. He is old but you look at the he division, he beats half of the top ten.

I think you are missing the boat on one point. Olympic scoring is not the same as pro, the number of rounds isn't the same, and you don't have head gear. It hardly is the same sport. One is like being locked in a cafe with a rabid dog. The other is a game of tag.

I don't understand the point here of talking about Wilder's power bailing him out. Everyone knows that. Wilder knows that. He doesn't box based on the cards. He box knowing he has 12 or whatever rounds to knock you out or he probably loses.

Ortiz was a good win for Wilder. Ortiz is avoided because he is a southpaw and skilled. He is old but you look at the he division, he beats half of the top ten.

I think that’s about right. Ortiz beats half of the top 10. We all know he is a good fighter, but he is not the feared ko artist some people try and make him out to be. I don’t think he has been avoided, but just like most of the other top HWs (Whyte and Parker aside), they all avoid each other until their title shot. He showed this when he turned down Joshua but tried to spin it. The HW division is still a fckin joke tbh

i think without including fatal mistakes by referees, one fight i would pick is alex garcia vs bernard benton. absolutely criminal refereeing in that one. couldn’t find the original clip anywhere but this video includes footage.

going back and watching some earnie shavers fights, i found this one. this is one of the worst stoppages i’ve ever seen. foreman ended up basically doing exactly this to lyle himself but this is a horrible job by the ref.

Whadjatakmbah?
He's got shit on Big Al. Big Al throws heat.

He is a fucking Monster.

giphy.gif

Right hand bestowed by the gods. Lol folded Ortiz like a lawnchair with a punch on the forehead. What in the fuck...

ortiz's face was fucking terrifying too. some RJJ/art serwano type shit

I think that’s about right. Ortiz beats half of the top 10. We all know he is a good fighter, but he is not the feared ko artist some people try and make him out to be. I don’t think he has been avoided, but just like most of the other top HWs (Whyte and Parker aside), they all avoid each other until their title shot. He showed this when he turned down Joshua but tried to spin it. The HW division is still a fckin joke tbh

what would make it not a joke in your opinion?

i just want to know what's so shitty about it? to me it's better than it has been in a while.
definitely the best that its been since the 90's. i just mean people always think "things were better back when i was first getting into something" and that must mean everything sucks now

Ortiz was soundly outboxing WIlder, as we all expected, and then Wilder caught him.

Wilder has that ability that I don't think any other fighter has where he can look so bad in a fight but out of nowhere surprise you and get the knockout. The truest puncher's chance I've ever seen.

With that said, he doesn't below anywhere near a P4P list. The skills are very rudimentary and he's literally a nobody without that punch.

That makes you wonder how good is Charlie Z. Only human being who didn't get slept by it.

Wilder seemed lazy to me last night.
Ortiz was outboxing him big time and only in round 7 Wilder decided to change things up and
target the body. He started hooking the body with the left, and then he came with right straights to the body and left hooks on the head.
Almost all of them landed. Couldn't Wilder do that sooner?

Ortiz didn't want to lose the upper hand and stepped on the gas more, got careless and KOed.
Clearly Wilder has some shortcomings, but I think he can do a lot better, but he's too much in love with his power.

It's funny how only a small Japanese man can relate to a huge black guy's power. Monster meet Monster. No need to learn languages. Just punch shit.

Back