Why wasn't the Conor vs Aldo rematch ever made?

They could have pushed for it, but instead they chose to give Conor an immediate title shot vs RDA at LW (which did not come to fruition).
Then the Nate saga occurred.
Then they let Conor fight for the title against Eddie (who had KO’d RDA).
Then the whole Floyd saga occurred.
Then Conor fought Khabib and lost.
By then, Aldo had lost a couple more times and the rematch made no sense.

The organization offered Conor much better things than the Aldo rematch.
IMO, the organization was irresponsible about preserving their long term integrity.

Aldo turned down the chance after bigging up his chest saying he would fight him anytime, anywhere

Aldo turned down a short notice rematch.

Conor moved up to fight a few fights at 170 and 155 and got stripped of the 145 title.

They offered Aldo a rematch after RDA pulled out and he turned it down.

This. Plus Aldo got an immediate rematch against Max Holloway after he lost, so I'd say he's been given the respect he deserves match-making wise.

Theres always a fight or two that escape your memory. I think ive watched several thousand fights in my life. Probably 2 solid months of my life just watching people kick punch and choke eachother out. I admit defeat on this one haha

Only 2 months worth? God what it must feel like to be a casual again

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>

Aldo was never one of their preferred champions.
Aldo spoke up against the UFC pay (for lower tier) and never sucked up to them.

But you do have to add another layer here.
After Aldo, UFC banned rehydration via IV's and Conor probably couldn't make weight anymore.
Besides, Conor moved up and got the LW belt, so why would he move down? He had nothing to gain from it anymore.

The one thing I think adds insult to injury, was the fact that not long before Conor got the belt, the UFC did not allow Aldo to do just that. He wanted to fight Pettis for the LW belt, and the UFC demanded him to relinquish his FW belt first or they would not let him move up... then he allowed just that to Conor.
THAT is the bullshit that shows how greedy and how much UFC is willing to play favorites.

Only 2 months worth? God what it must feel like to be a casual again
Loll thats just a guesstimate. Been watching mma since 2005. Probably is much higher. Before streaming i spent alot of time at my local college knock off bdubs spot. They made bank back then

Back