Why wasn't the Conor vs Aldo rematch ever made?

to further the BS narrative that is Conor McGregor

I wonder if you apply that same logic to everyone who's been knocked out quickly and never fought that particular opponent again.

Or is it just Conor McGregor?

God you kids are weird.
Straight from the horses mouth at Sherdog Ranch. Many many people here dismissed a rematch because Aldo got KO'd in the first exchange so there's no point because it would just happen again. And yeah, you do need to apply that same logic to every super quick finish. It's just that it doesn't happen at the highest profile levels like Aldo/McGregor. Usually it's mid-to-low ranked guys where you get a quick finish so there's no need for quick rematches but Aldo was the long reigning champ and got shafted and then given a short notice chance to rematch which was stupid.

They offered Aldo a rematch after RDA pulled out and he turned it down.

Context doesn't seem to be your strong point. Here let me fix that for you.

They offered Aldo a late replacement fight which gave him less than 2 weeks to prepare after RDA pulled out, and Aldo turned it down because he needed proper time to prepare.

The truth is that the UFC never offered Aldo a proper rematch, they only offered one where he was able to fill in on late notice. But of course it fits the narrative of the UFC to pull shady shit like that because they don't respect their fighters.

You realized that Cain and JDS fought 3 times right. By your logic, Cain vs JDS 2 should have never happened b/c the first fight was as "definitive as it gets". Serra vs GSP 2 should have never happened either. We should have just closed the book after the first fight and Serra should have been named the greatest WW of all time.

Aldo deserved the rematch. The UFC/Conor didn't care to give it to him b/c they got the result they wanted the first time around.
Yes i forgot the first one ended in 1 minute

How?

junior_dos_santos_UFC_FOX_funny1.gif
Theres always a fight or two that escape your memory. I think ive watched several thousand fights in my life. Probably 2 solid months of my life just watching people kick punch and choke eachother out. I admit defeat on this one haha

We heard you the first time pal

doesnt change the truth.

conor knows it was a lucky punch and would never fight aldo again when he has a normal camp and all that. notice how conor never been willing to fight on short notice.

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>

With these water-headed Conor pabs you need to explicitly spell out a rematch for the FW title. They still think Frankie ducked Conor when he turned down the chance to fight Conor immediately after surgery.

KO'd in 13 seconds is a better case for a rematch than dominated for 4 rounds and choked out. Right punch, right spot, anyone can get KO'd.
One of the cleanest counters we've seen in the sport, that Conor was practicing backstage, that's never been even close to being replicated by any fighter against Aldo.

Counter strikers gonna counter strike. Baited the prey into the trap and struck.

Then Aldo talked this shit about anytime, anywhere. Got offered to replace RDA and declined.

Shouldn't have got knocked out, shouldn't have went so aggressive against a high level counter striker, shouldn't have declined the short notice fight.

Conor had no issues risking his title shot to fight the best wrestler at FW on 8 days notice, but Aldo apparently couldn't fight Conor short notice.

RIP Aldo

Conor/Nate II and Aldo/Edgar II were announced on the same day. Conor didn't duck the interim champ to fight Nate as the interim champ didn't exist yet.

By the time Aldo was interim champ, Conor was already long signed to fight Nate. After he beat Nate, he then signed to fight Eddie, the undisputed LW champion. LW is higher than FW, and undisputed is higher than interim.

So yes, he did "run" to fight the higher champ than rematch the interim champ he knocked out in 13 seconds only 9 months before.
Yawn.

Why wasn't the Conor vs Aldo rematch ever made?

In a word Conor...

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>

6c815346f82047db3cc7650c36384ecd.jpg

^ not when you're talking about money grubbing sacks of shit. You'll find those types running the UFC, and talking about taking over instead of taking part.

Can't be helped for Aldo now. He could've prevented, or at least delayed, the whole circus by doing his best instead of letting his emotions control his judgement.

Conor was always chasing something bigger.

Let's just pretend like Aldo didn't turn the rematch down

Context doesn't seem to be your strong point. Here let me fix that for you.

The truth is that the UFC never offered Aldo a proper rematch, they only offered one where he was able to fill in on late notice. But of course it fits the narrative of the UFC to pull shady shit like that because they don't respect their fighters.

Whenever I see someone post that Aldo was offered a rematch and turned it down, I know that poster is an imbecile.

It was offered one week after Aldo got off medical suspension, with no time to make weight. It was offered so Conor could never offer a proper rematch and still say a rematch was offered. It was offered for the sake of promoting Conor, and there's no shortage of idiots happy to repeat it.

Aldo ruled FW with an iron fist for a decade, and even though I was never really a fan, it made me sick how they did him dirty.

He knocked him out in 10 seconds after pulling out several times that’s why

Back