Why wasn't the Conor vs Aldo rematch ever made?

Good thing for Cain that JDS. didn't feel the same way. Good thing for Stipe that DC didn't feel the same way either. shrug.
DC didn't feel the same way he fought derrick Lewis and wanted to fight brock after

And WHY he turned down? This is the most important thing of all. There wasn't enough time even to make weight. Don't be dishonest... Are you a DC/McGregor fan or something?
Except he said anytime anywhere and that he was training in case he needed to step in

Because the UFC brass and Conor were terrified that it might have actually been just a fluke, and never wanted to take the risk of exposing their cash cow. So they lied, made one fake offer to trick the more gullible morons(see half the comments in this thread), and have dodged every viable opportunity for a legitimate rematch ever since.

It is what it is.
Lol? From day 1 conor said he wanted to fight for the lw belt after the fw belt, before he was even champ he said that. He was going to fight RDA for the lw belt and aldo wouldn't step in when RDA got hurt so we got stuck with Diaz

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>

cause conor knew it was a lucky punch and didnt want aldo to maul him in a rematch

Aldo got offered but he ducked.

If Aldo was so much superior to Conor then a short notice fight should have been no problem to him.

But Aldo's injury history and training camp shenanigans are really weird. Not conducive to short-notice fights anyway.

when rda got hurt aldo was hurt also and not ready to fight,.

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>
*quack*

Here is the reason

P0QFEvK.gif

Aldo's ducking made Nate a shit load of money, set him up for life

Reality is this. That Aldo KO was part of his mystique and brand. He could never improve on it, let alone if he lost a rematch.

Also, Aldo was offered a rematch at 155 on less than 2 weeks notice. Yes I know he said "anytime, anywhere", but with his legacy deserved better than a short notice replacement, at a weight he never fought before and not for the belt. They also offered it to Frankie, who was injured. That was just to say they did so mopes like on here could drone on and on "he was offered the fight", they were never going to make either of those fights. They wanted Nate for obvious reasons.

Finally, if you know anything about Aldo you'd know he didn't turn down anything. He never has. Dede makes all those decisions. Dede turned it down, same as he didn't want Aldo to move up to 155.
LOL at all the "bigger money fight" excuses. We know conor didn't want that smoke. Had the fight gone on for a bit longer and conor dominated aldo, it would've been understandable but that was the flukiest thing ever. Also back to the money excuse everyone and their momma would pay to watch that rematch, especially with that beastly performance aldo had against Frankie. Conor ducked because he can't take the pressure of defending titles against legit contenders. Remember when John kahavagh was trying to push nate diaz as his first defence over khabib and Tony and how all of sherdog and mma media, especially Ariel, was earing that shit up? Fuck conor and the ufc.

DC didn't feel the same way he fought derrick Lewis and wanted to fight brock after
Derrick was on like 3 weeks notice, Stipe was offered that and turned it down. DC said the whole time he would give Stipe the rematch if Brock fight didn't happen. He always said Stipe deserved a rematch.

Because the UFC is not a legitimate sports organisation. Offering Aldo a rematch on short notice does not count. I don’t care if he says he was ready anytime. The man deserved a full training camp and his chance at redemption, regardless of how you think the rematch may have gone.

Conor/Nate II and Aldo/Edgar II were announced on the same day.

cm.jpg

Conor "ran" to fight the higher champ.
I know this was 3+ years ago, and forgive me, but I don't remember Nate ever being a "champ".
I do remember Conor demanding HIS immediate rematch vs Nate like a spoiled 10 year old. You really don't see the irony?

Because Cornelius can't knock out Jose Waldo without Jose sprinting toward him. A more cautious Jose beats MacGruber.

Plus, he was building to a mega fight with Floyd. He wanted that 100 million pay day versus the mere 10 million they offered him for Nate 2. That's why he flaked to get extra time. Aldo 2 didn't help him advance to Floyd.

One punch..... Why wasnt askren vs masvidal rematch made? It was as definitive as it gets... Yes aldo reigned for years but when you shit the bed in the first 15 seconds like that... People tend to not care about a rematch versus a war like cain vs jds
You realized that Cain and JDS fought 3 times right. By your logic, Cain vs JDS 2 should have never happened b/c the first fight was as "definitive as it gets". Serra vs GSP 2 should have never happened either. We should have just closed the book after the first fight and Serra should have been named the greatest WW of all time.

Aldo deserved the rematch. The UFC/Conor didn't care to give it to him b/c they got the result they wanted the first time around.

I know this was 3+ years ago, and forgive me, but I don't remember Nate ever being a "champ".
I do remember Conor demanding HIS immediate rematch vs Nate like a spoiled 10 year old. You really don't see the irony?

Conor/Nate II and Aldo/Edgar II were announced on the same day. Conor didn't duck the interim champ to fight Nate as the interim champ didn't exist yet.

By the time Aldo was interim champ, Conor was already long signed to fight Nate. After he beat Nate, he then signed to fight Eddie, the undisputed LW champion. LW is higher than FW, and undisputed is higher than interim.

So yes, he did "run" to fight the higher champ than rematch the interim champ he knocked out in 13 seconds only 9 months before.

Back