Why wasn't the Conor vs Aldo rematch ever made?

Conor was not going to take a rematch on a guy he KO'd in 13 seconds, no one would, but him specially being the money fighter sure wouldnt.

It really was, it's funny how Conor lost to Nate Diaz his very next fight.

Because Conor couldn't gain anything from a rematch. He was aiming for bigger, better, more cash and it culminated in the Mayweather fight.

A rematch after a win is going backwards which wasn't Conor's mo.

Amidst all these talks of Conor once again receiving special treatment from the ufc (after Dana declared that if he beats cowboy he will be gifted the title shot), taking a drive down memory lane, boy did they do Aldo dirty...no rematch has ever been more warranted and the ufc not only did NOT give him the deserved rematch and screw Aldo (it wasn't even a fight, just a one punch, 13 second miscalculation), they have been bending over backwards for Conor ever since.

One of the bigger screw jobs in ufc history imo.

Aldo has been nothing but classy after that and it always angered me the way the ufc handled that whole thing. Disgusting.

<bball1>

Because Conor said he was not very motivated doing a rematch with someone who got clocked in 3 seconds.

One punch..... Why wasnt askren vs masvidal rematch made? It was as definitive as it gets... Yes aldo reigned for years but when you shit the bed in the first 15 seconds like that... People tend to not care about a rematch versus a war like cain vs jds

Reality is this. That Aldo KO was part of his mystique and brand. He could never improve on it, let alone if he lost a rematch.

Also, Aldo was offered a rematch at 155 on less than 2 weeks notice. Yes I know he said "anytime, anywhere", but with his legacy deserved better than a short notice replacement, at a weight he never fought before and not for the belt. They also offered it to Frankie, who was injured. That was just to say they did so mopes like on here could drone on and on "he was offered the fight", they were never going to make either of those fights. They wanted Nate for obvious reasons.

Finally, if you know anything about Aldo you'd know he didn't turn down anything. He never has. Dede makes all those decisions. Dede turned it down, same as he didn't want Aldo to move up to 155.

Because Conor said he was not very motivated doing a rematch with someone who got clocked in 3 seconds.
Good thing for Cain that JDS. didn't feel the same way. Good thing for Stipe that DC didn't feel the same way either. shrug.

Dunno the answer, but maybe Aldo just didn't generate $$$ like other potential match-ups. Too bad, 'cuz if anyone ever deserved a re-match it is Jose'.

KO'd in 13 seconds is a better case for a rematch than dominated for 4 rounds and choked out. Right punch, right spot, anyone can get KO'd.
And who said mcgregor deserve a rematch exactly?
Why you retards don't think before posting

Conor didn't want it. There were other fights that were of more importance to him at the time (avenging his loss to Diaz, winning his second belt from Eddie Alvarez)

He did offer to him after RDA pulled out of UFC 196, but Aldo turned it down

One punch..... Why wasnt askren vs masvidal rematch made? It was as definitive as it gets... Yes aldo reigned for years but when you shit the bed in the first 15 seconds like that... People tend to not care about a rematch versus a war like cain vs jds
Lol JDS KO'd Cain in 64 seconds

They offered Aldo a rematch after RDA pulled out and he turned it down.
And WHY he turned down? This is the most important thing of all. There wasn't enough time even to make weight. Don't be dishonest... Are you a DC/McGregor fan or something?

I wonder if you apply that same logic to everyone who's been knocked out quickly and never fought that particular opponent again.

Or is it just Conor McGregor?

God you kids are weird.

It's like they think the Cain vs Dos Santos fights never happened.

I think it was a fluke he got by him the first time. So they did not want to set it up again. They did offer it later, but it was short notice. I believe Aldo said he couldnt make weight in that time frame.
The way the UFC does rematches. He should have gotten a rubber match.

13 seconds and turning down the fight dont bode well in your chances of getting a rematch

Because the UFC brass and Conor were terrified that it might have actually been just a fluke, and never wanted to take the risk of exposing their cash cow. So they lied, made one fake offer to trick the more gullible morons(see half the comments in this thread), and have dodged every viable opportunity for a legitimate rematch ever since.

It is what it is.

And WHY he turned down? This is the most important thing of all. There wasn't enough time even to make weight. Don't be dishonest... Are you a DC/McGregor fan or something?
What did I say that was dishonest? Aldo said he'd fight under any circumstances, and then when the opportunity came along he turned it down. And what the fuck does DC have to do with anything in this thread? You sound pretty obsessed.

Fuck youre right i forgot about the first fight loll dammit
How?

junior_dos_santos_UFC_FOX_funny1.gif

Back