Why UFC not pushing the poor immigrant angle with Cain anymore?

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was a good contrast with "Viking Brock" to talk about having immigrant parents, ect.. but now his recent opponents are equally brown. and equally poor or even poorer

JDS: more brown - Brazilians are the brownest of all South Americans

JDS: more under privileged

Cain: Good family, parents own property

JDS: broken home, alcoholic dad left early. Mom breaking her back to support family

Cain: College grad

JDS: Dropped out of HS. Couldn't even get into the military because of broken tooth. Working as a busboy before MMA

As you can see JDS has this poor under dog thing locked down. So now they need to push Cain as a hungry hard working fighter (which JDS could arguably top him too)

Very true. This time around there's no angles though, it's pretty much a fighter vs fighter thing they're going for.

this battle will determine once and for all who is the brown-for-brown greatest.

What more brown means lol
I thought brown was having native ancestry, like people in mexico. Most brazilians are either white or black or a mix of the two.

Because they want to break into the Mexican market? Sounds like a good thing to do and I'm sure they checked their demographics to see how they could market Cain.

Seriously this is nothing but simple marketing /overtheheadformost.

so what exactly confirms that Brazillians are the most brown?:icon_lol:

JDS: more brown

:eek::eek:

LOL, dis gon b gud...

e1225d9e70a84ab474556f0751842212ed09288.gif

What more brown means lol
I thought brown was having native ancestry, like people in mexico. Most brazilians are either white or black or a mix of the two.

JDS is literally more brown than Cain. Look at their pics together. Cain is white compared to him.

Their rematch will sell more than their contrasting backgrounds. I think that's why they didn't go any poor immigrant route. Plus, they've pretty much beaten where these two guys came from into our heads.

Will Cain walk out to mariachi music again? I like that excerpt from Chaels's the Voice of Reason when he says something along the line of "when I hear that music I look at his trainers and expect to see someone carrying a plate of sizzling fajitas. Hot plate folks!"

That support mexican fighter angle should not go any further. But it will. So forgetaboutit. Know what im sayan?

look what happened last time they went all in on selling cain

It was a good contrast with "Viking Brock" to talk about having immigrant parents, ect.. but now his recent opponents are equally brown. and equally poor or even poorer

JDS: more brown - Brazilians are the brownest of all South Americans

Why does this matter so what brown, black, white

Cain: Milking the genetics, "Look how Mexican I am!"
JDS: "I'm Brazilian."

Who's more "real"? Yeah.

[EDIT]
mattf said:
Why does this matter so what brown, black, white
Google "Cain Velasquez Brown Pride". Seriously?

Last edited:
Back